G_Hill861
Coop, 54VCs
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5NNUmxtrhcMFhENG1JTV9yQ00/view?usp=sharing
GONZO attached the following image:

[73.46 kB]

Edited by GONZO on 07-03-2017 09:22
  x 1  x 5

GONZO
I did not use bushes or more trees. My first idea was something like Okinawa but it is not VC.
Bunkers, tunnels.. So I use real war material to create it - next problem - all hills in this area were without trees.
So be patient, It is only one hill.

Intruder
Hello GONZO,

Is it the final version of your map? I'am asking you because I really think you could improve the lighting(s) of your map rather easily...
You could also avoid the "flat walls" look at the respawn by using some bushes and trees like I made on my VC_RadioRelay_II map (also at the respawn).

It's just suggestions... Wink

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

GONZO
Hello Intruder,

I wanted a darker terrain. So I used in addition to lighting also multitexture (image UV 100x100m).
I think the result is fine. For some smaller objects of vegetation I have reduced lighting of subobjects.
I had a problem with the fact that I had to use more than 6 omnilights. So I created a sector for the cave.
With sectors is always a problem. The cave has three entrances. If I wanted to count lightmaps also for the sector of the cave,
I would have to do another 3 sectors for tunnels. so the cave is without lightmaps.

Regarding the flat walls around the house. I'm sure I could solve it differently. But I wanted to avoid the problem of your map.
I mean that players often can not find the tunnel.
Starting in the hut 200m far from the hill is also nonsense. I could have to make a small bare hill with bushes around as insertion zone and one marked path.
But the map is already done. Now I'm working on other projects. I will not still coming back to minor details, otherwise I'd had never finish.
If you want to fix the map, no problem. I'll give you source files like used scripts. Just do not use same name of map.
Thank you for your advice, next time I'll be more thorough.

Smile hope you understand my 'googlenglish' Smile

GONZO
GONZO attached the following image:

[34.59 kB]

Edited by GONZO on 18-03-2017 02:54

apfelbaum
You could slice the terrain before exporting, then not all omnilights affect the whole object. The Problem occurs when more than 8 lights (direct + indirect light and more than 6 Omnis) affect one object.

GONZO
Yes I know and did it. I wanted cave (separate object) in complete darkness illuminated only with omnilights.
I had to create sector for a custom ambient, otherwise there would be worldsector ambient light in the cave also without omni.
It looks better, shadows of stalactites on the walls. Although I forgot to put in the cave torches ... Grin
Edited by GONZO on 18-03-2017 21:23

Intruder
Thank you for your informations GONZO, it's always interesting to understand the different approach other mappers are using...

GONZO wrote:
Regarding the flat walls around the house. I'm sure I could solve it differently. But I wanted to avoid the problem of your map.
I mean that players often can not find the tunnel.

Indeed, a lot of "new" players have hard to find the wood entry but it's only happening once... Once you know where the entry is, you can't miss it anymore. For me, it's more the fault of "those players" (who usually run all around without to really pay attention) because the whole LZ is surrounded by full bushes and trees, excepted at the entry where the hole is clearly visible... Moreover, the entry is very close the area where I put the "extras", like the medkits and the M16, so the "interesting spot" to pay attention is obviously "there"... Cool
My personal way to edit and create maps is to add "details" in areas even where nothing is happening, to enforce the immersion and to avoid that the players suddenly go out of "their story"...

GONZO wrote:
If you want to fix the map, no problem. I'll give you source files like used scripts. Just do not use same name of map.

It's nice to offer your map to others for a fix but in this case, usually my personal opinion is to never edit the work made by someone else and then just put another name on it for the release... Imagine I edit and fix your map and that nobody plays your original map anymore because "my version" is better... Wouldn't it be really frustrating for you to see that, when YOU made all the hard work ? Wink. I see "this" more as an artistic work. If the author decides to stop his work at a certain level, I have to respect that... However, I'am still interested to have your files to have a look and to check the perception of my first post...

GONZO wrote:
Thank you for your advice, next time I'll be more thorough.

No problem... Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 19-03-2017 18:07
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

WEZ
Have a look on Funserver #WEZ

x-[Shipment]-0.2.0 (GG)

Is a funny map by XHC, try the spectator, its cool to see.
Signature-S.D.S.- WEZ
Member of vietcong.info
Member of ALPHA-TEAM.cz

Member of Subgamers.com (R.I.P)
Member of 4cheaters.de (R.I.P.)
Member of unitedadmins.com (R.I.P.)
Member of eliteteamwork.proboards.com (R.I.P.)
Member of vietcong1.cz (R.I.P.)
Member of auscong.com (R.I.P.)
Member of friends-for-all.de (R.I.P.)
Member of vietcong.cz (R.I.P.)
Member of TS-Database (R.I.P.)
Member of neoseeker.com (R.I.P.)
Member of answers.microsoft.com (R.I.P.)

http://cache.gametracker.com/profile/sds-wez/
cache.gametracker.com/images/global/header_logo_black.png
www.gs4u.net/de/350x20bg-0d3b12/s/283601.png

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWkSyF7tNgQ
GONZO
apfelbaum wrote:
You could slice the terrain before exporting, then not all omnilights affect the whole object. The Problem occurs when more than 8 lights (direct + indirect light and more than 6 Omnis) affect one object.

Hello,
I split the terrain to multiple objects, but I exported it as one BES (terrain_xxxxx.bes).
I should have to export cave and interiors of bunker as a separate BES objects for better lighting.
Now I know.

TRAVX
NICE MAP GONZO
TOO BAD I CAN'T PLAY ON YOUR SERVER YOU HAVE PING LIMIT BOO HAHA

http://www.freewebs.com/vietnameliteteamwork/
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?