· Don Turtuma 4 weeks

View Thread: All Players 1 body
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
All Players 1 body
techno
I am working on a map called avatar and all vc look like avatar apart from having a tail Smile that would be cool.
but I want to use that same skin for all vc players in ctf as well. I know already how to apply skins to a map
but I have to add all skins for each player.

What I want to do is have I vc skin for all the vc players so save on map size and not have to make allot of skins
for all the vc players.

I can do this with coop [have a read back at this board to know how did it] http://www.vietcong.info/portal/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=90

but i would like to apply the same thing to each VC fighter/player as well. any ideas apart from adding *.dds & *.bes for each one?
SignatureDon't spend your time lookin' around for something you want that can't be found

techno
Hi all

I worked this out my self, might help others

If you would like all vc or us to use just 1 skin and 1 body for all players. can also be used for
making a game of vc vs vc or us vs us bodys only not guns, us will still have us game vc will still have vc guns.

ok LDC might explain this better then i can but I will try, I sent LDC my beta map as well so he can look at the files.
I will send the map to a few other I know as well gogs or slowbob if want to have a look
but I don't want me map out in the public yet. I am a long way from finished and has lots of this to fix.
coop is a big problem for me but it's because of being lazy and not that I don't know how, I will fix that as well.

here it goes

make your map first once done extract your dat file so you can see dev and levels folders
now copy from your game files G\CHARACTERS inside G\CHARACTERS are all your players bes and xdt files
each one in there own folder. keep the file structure the same and don't change any names.

now if you want all your vc to be the same player body and skin [such as all vc are chief-bahnar] you need to
replace every players files in there folders with the files from chief-bahnar and each folder
must contain the correct file name, so what you need to do is when replacing players with chief-banar
that you need to rename the chief-barnar files to that players correct name.
after doing this to all your players then include this folder G\CHARACTERS with your DEV and LEVELS folders
and repack back to a dat file.

I included my G folder already done with all VC players are chief if you would like to have a look and maybe use it. "up to you"

anyways, if this is the correct way to do this or not!!! it works all the same Smile

cheers
techno attached the following file:
g.rar [4.42 MB, 496 Downloads]
SignatureDon't spend your time lookin' around for something you want that can't be found

Jump to Forum: