Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 2 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Map: BrownWater
Intruder
Hello,

Presentation:

I'm very proud and happy to finally present you my second custom map: BrownWater_beta_1! Smile
After my Intrusion map, which was very "researched" and "studied", I wanted to create something very different, more based on a "random approach"... I had a main idea of course but this time, I've built the map "step by step", by letting my inspiration guided me...
Don't expect something very "special", the map is rather basic, simple and linear... However, the players will have many possibilities to play it and a good teamplay will be very important in some areas!

The mission:

October 12th, 1967, 15:00.
Fist Alpha has been sent to the South Vietnam to help the US Navy in its Brown Water War.
We were patroling onboard 2 Boston Whalers till the water level became too low and obstructed by trees.
We now have to continue on foot...

Notes:

-To not spoil the pleasure of your first discovery, I will not post pictures for the moment...
-For your very first time, I strongly advise you to set a team of players you already know, for the best mission and immersion you will pass in a fearsome and natural world! VC

Have fun and... a Happy New Year 2020! Slàinte

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 09-01-2020 17:37
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png
  x 3  x 1  x 1

gaza
Played that map today, well done. I like it!
Signature"the gaza strip" server owner
Member of the legendary Clan of Minh

sonic
Very nice map, we played it yesterday in 6 people (I think this number is just right). I do not want to spoil, but one have to play very carefully to avoid team kills in one special areal VC
SignatureAnyone who run, is a VC. Anyone who stand still, is a well disciplined VC.
-Door Gunner

https://github.com/sonicpp
Intruder
Hi,

gaza wrote:

Played that map today, well done. I like it!

sonic wrote:

Very nice map, we played it yesterday in 6 people (I think this number is just right)...

I'm really happy to know you like the map! And I hope your VC friends have the same opinion! Smile
Despite the map may look rather simple, I put a lot of time and work in it (I started the map in 2013 !) and when the players drop a little message to say they enjoyed the mission, I consider "this" as my reward... VC
For me, the real challenge has been to recreate a very natural and different environment with almost the same kind of objects (bushes and plants).

sonic wrote:

...I do not want to spoil, but one have to play very carefully to avoid team kills in one special areal

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure to know where that area is! lol Wink

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

gaza
2013...hell long time ago! So we need to wait for your next map, which i definetly looking forward, another 6 years? Sad

Btw, to honour your work again: the map Intrusion.beta1 is one of my favourites. Thats a classic one. I cant imagine how long u needed for that map, hehe

Greetz
Gaza
Signature"the gaza strip" server owner
Member of the legendary Clan of Minh

WEZ
Nice but i thing i could be a lil bit too great
Signature-S.D.S.- WEZ
Member of vietcong.info
Member of ALPHA-TEAM.cz

Member of Subgamers.com (R.I.P)
Member of 4cheaters.de (R.I.P.)
Member of unitedadmins.com (R.I.P.)
Member of eliteteamwork.proboards.com (R.I.P.)
Member of vietcong1.cz (R.I.P.)
Member of auscong.com (R.I.P.)
Member of friends-for-all.de (R.I.P.)
Member of vietcong.cz (R.I.P.)
Member of TS-Database (R.I.P.)
Member of neoseeker.com (R.I.P.)
Member of answers.microsoft.com (R.I.P.)

http://cache.gametracker.com/profile/sds-wez/
cache.gametracker.com/images/global/header_logo_black.png
www.gs4u.net/de/350x20bg-0d3b12/s/283601.png

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWkSyF7tNgQ
Intruder
gaza wrote:

2013...hell long time ago! So we need to wait for your next map, which i definetly looking forward, another 6 years? Sad

Indeed... I started the map in 2013 but it doesn't mean it took me 6 years to make it of course. Don't forget that I'm also editing and updating the original maps (VC_ and FA_ maps) in the meantime! Wink
Even tough BrownWater may look very simple in its conception, it's still many hours of work, tests and tweakings because I always try to release the best I can for this great old game we still all love! lol. I would like to create more original stuff for Vietcong of course but all this work is taking me a lot of my "free" time already...

Btw, to honour your work again: the map Intrusion.beta1 is one of my favourites. Thats a classic one. I cant imagine how long u needed for that map, hehe

I'm happy to know it! I started to work on Intrusion in 2003 (and the map is still not finished!) but because I learned the mapping for Vietcong with this map, I also made many "noob's mistakes" during the building... Currenty, the next version I'm working on (for years!) (Intrusion_beta_2) has a major "blocking bug"... I still don't know "when" I'll succeed but I really need to fix that bug, to finally release an even better version of the map you already know, for more Vietcong's adventures! But this discussion will be for another threat I guess... Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 21-01-2020 15:52

WEZ
visit

"! Vietcong - Funserver #WEZ"

for a lil fight with Victor Charly

hosted by Homi

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZWkSyF7tNgQ
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.