View Thread: Jarek Kolar hints at new "Vietcong"
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
Jarek Kolar hints at new "Vietcong"
forrest747
https://www.reddi...e_game_in/

Link is to 2 hour, 38 minute video of the Vietcong game event held 13 Feb 2021 where Jarek played Vietcong with members of the Vietcong game community. Of interest is the AUDIO where Jarek talks about perhaps bringing back Vietcong.

Takeaways (copied from FleaRemovalTool, a Reddit moderator):

1) Pterodon co-founder Jarek Kolar has hinted that he, along with other ex-VC devs they are considering a remake of VC, nothing definitive but seems credible.

2) It appears this project would be under the Ingame development company, of which Jarek is the managing director.

3) VC intellectual property is owned by Take2, so there’s no chance of a 1 to 1 direct remake of the original. The rights to this content and digital assets are not in the control of Jarek or Ingame, they’re long since sold.

4) Jarek seems to appreciate the community’s desire to preserve certain aspects of VC, such as the setting in Vietnam war, the feel of the gameplay and in-game mechanics, and the structure of the game play or modes, among other things.

5) Ingame are basically gathering feedback from the die hard VC community about what they love about VC that they would want to see in a remake.

A good chance for the fans of VC to have a meaningful impact on what could be a major twist in the VC story. I think the most direct communication is probably to Jarek via Twitter. @JarekKolar
Signaturethumbs2.imgbox.com/bf/f3/x39beiW7_t.jpg

www.scottcole.com
Intruder
And to add more informations to the "hype", here is what Jarek Kolar wrote in his Twitter:

i.postimg.cc/Y99znpJk/My-Dream-Game.jpg

And on the first page of the InGamesStudios, we can also read "this"!

i.postimg.cc/Mp65Mbdv/In-Games-Studios.jpg

But my real concern is "all the bad things" the publishers/owners are imposing on current games for the moment... Like the release of unfinished games, NFTs, microtransactions and all the same kind of "sh*t" because in that case, I really doubt to be part of the next adventure (if...)!!!

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 22-02-2022 16:04
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

martyr
Hey @forrest747 - your post was a great summary of what we currently know based on the birthday event.
As Intruder showed, there's also been some activity on the InGame Twitter account which I have also been watching.

I think it might be good for others in our community to engage with the IG Twitter account to see if we can provoke more conversation. My hope is that when the time comes for wider beta testing, they may reach out to the VC community for some feedback.

It was a fantastic birthday event and I am hoping that the organiser of the previous event (@Virus) might be able to set up something for the 20th aniversary!
Signature________________________________________________________________________

"From every kill grow, from every death learn"

http://www.clanofminh.vcclan.net/minh/
Jump to Forum: