· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: Editor problems
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Editor problems
Kermit
I got a couple of problems in the editor..

-I want ocluders to block portals when you're inside the sector, does anyone know if thats possible?

-I changed the sector-layout of my map... now i have to change subobject settings so they have the right sectorsettings (I already selected all and pressed move button without moving so the editor automatically assigns.. But some subobjects still have worldsector etc. Now the question: Is there some way to see all the sectorobjects without being in the sector or watching portals... Right now I need to be inside the sector, and not watching any portals to see which objects have the wrong settings..

-I have a mirrored map... so when i place objects somewhere I need to place them on the other side as well.. is there an option to select those and turn them all? '>' works only per object.. I would like to turn them around the 0,0 of my map, or at least turn them around 1 axis for all objects, but not by hand, but exact...

EDIT: forget about the second question... just closed portals while editingVC
Edited by Kermit on 11-09-2011 19:45

Ando
Kermit wrote:
-I want ocluders to block portals when you're inside the sector, does anyone know if thats possible?

You are right, its not working and I didn't know it before.

Kermit wrote:
-I changed the sector-layout of my map... now i have to change subobject settings so they have the right sectorsettings (I already selected all and pressed move button without moving so the editor automatically assigns.. But some subobjects still have worldsector etc. Now the question: Is there some way to see all the sectorobjects without being in the sector or watching portals... Right now I need to be inside the sector, and not watching any portals to see which objects have the wrong settings..

Don't know. I usually check all settings manually, but its real pain.

Kermit wrote:
-I have a mirrored map... so when i place objects somewhere I need to place them on the other side as well.. is there an option to select those and turn them all? '>' works only per object.. I would like to turn them around the 0,0 of my map, or at least turn them around 1 axis for all objects, but not by hand, but exact...

Is it mirrored or other side is rotated 180 degrees around Z ? If rotated and you can do it with one object then link all other objects under it and do it then.
If its not working or its little different condition then I can write a script for that but harder part is that I need a list of all different object names. Actually it depends how much different objects (not copies) there is.
Maybe there is easier option for script too but I am not sure now. Will test it later.

Kermit
thanks for your answer,
it's 180(evil number in vcFrown), (Daisytown2)...
linking works fineYES!, thanks, never used it except for waypoints
now I just have to clone, select original main object, move and rotate preciselyWink

Bit stupid the ocluders only seem to work in world sector... I have now deleted some sectors and I'll try to use the ocluding design thing for the detailed objects (main buildings...). I hope this will do anything good for the performance... Fps right now is not too low but it's a closecombat map, and I need as high fps as I can getFAW
I don't want to cut on lightmaps too much etc...

Ando
Kermit wrote:
linking works fineYES!, thanks, never used it except for waypoints

Linking is sometimes important and can help to improve FPS.
In condition where is more objects close to each other and use almost same "ClipDist" then its reasonable to link those.
Then when main object is more far than "ClipDist" (out of view), then engine don't need to check all linked objects, is those visible or not.

One example:
House where is indoor objects and there isn't sectors. Then those indoor objects should be linked under that house. When house isn't visible then all indoor objects are invisible too and game engine dont need to calculate that for every frame.
Of course indoor objects can be using smaller "ClipDist".
Edited by Ando on 12-09-2011 05:35

Jump to Forum: