Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 2 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Map: Dau Tien
KostiCZ
adviser and tester Smile
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Intruder
Ando wrote:
2. Was strange bug on server yesterday when in COOP_US bots wasn't shooting. that look just random bug and COOP_US looks working correctly most of time.

I don't know if it's the case for the bug you described but I know that if someone is hosting a map "as a client" (the "player hoster" won't respawn on the map) and not as a dedicated server, then, after "a certain time", the bots won't shoot anymore... VC

Intruder

Ando
I played my map on vc-coop.eu server yesterday and discovered 2 things:

1. There was "join bug" but it was gone after restart. I don't know but maybe "join bug" appear same way on other maps.

2. vc-coop.eu auto admin don't count my map end result because of "automatic next map" command.

So, I will improve my map and if you know other things, what need to fix, then please replay here.

Intruder
Just some "little things" I wanted to report...

One night, I was going to rejoin the "Ducks coop range" (empty) server for my "VC night session", which was playing your map. Once my game loaded the map, "at the last second of the loading bar", my game crashed to desktop... I tried 2 times with the same result. Because I'm a "remote admin" of the server as wel, I've been able to restart it "for a fix"...
In the "logg file" of the server, I noticed that Reaver...

What I noticed is:
- ...Reaver who was admin, changed to your map (before I joined) and lost the server at that moment. He has never been able to load the map and "left the game"...
- When I tried to join the server, my game was "clean" of any "preloaded scripts" (or anything else) because it was my first "map loading" of the night...
- In the past, a mate has been able to rejoin the map (after he had died) many times when the "boat' scripts" still HADN'T started...
- But I noticed that many times, we couldn't reload the map anymore (for a rejoining) once the "boat' script" HAD started (the map was crashing the game "at the last second of the loading bar"... Those who were still on the map, could still play normally.

What I'm thinking is:
- It seems that the "boat' script" is crashing the game for those who tries to rejoin the server once the script has started (for the reasons I explained above)...
- But "the question" is, why the crash occured "directly" for "Reaver and me" when the "boat's script" still hadn't started?

Maybe you should try to release a beta version without that "boat' script", to see if the problem is gone?

It's all I can say for the moment but I really hope those descriptions will help you to "spot" where the problem may be... Wink

Ando wrote:
...vc-coop.eu auto admin don't count my map end result because of "automatic next map" command.

I have an interesting idea about "this", which could help "us" in the future for a "better gameplay". I will post about "that idea" later... Wink

Good luck! Cool

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 12-12-2011 12:26

Ando
When I played it on vc-coop then also that bug appeared before boat start.
And few days ago we played Coop_VC mode (there isn't boat) on vietcong.info and then Confused Master could not join too. Not sure, was it same bug or not.

Anyway that bug appear as classic join bug it mean that with ALT + Tab players can join.

Bad thing is that I cant cause that by myself with editor then would be good to see some error messages.

Intruder
Ando wrote:
...Not sure, was it same bug or not.

This is where starts "the nightmares"... IF 2 different bugs are creating the same kind of crashes!!!

Anyway that bug appear as classic join bug it mean that with ALT + Tab players can join.

This is something that's "bugging me" also...
I don't remember to have read somewhere if someone got such a "joining bug" with one of my maps, but personally, I can say that I NEVER got such a bug (or those who play with us) with a "VC_map"... And we play them A LOT! Why?
It can't really be a game's bug otherwise, even my maps would suffer the same trouble...
If only I knew! I could help you all to fix those damn "joining bugs"... Shock

Intruder

Ando
I play only coop and don't know about other modes. Is there same "join bug" with other modes too or just coop?
If somebody knows then please answer.

Also that "join bug" make a crash when loading screen is finished but all scripts will start a lot before.

And when game window isn't active that time, then bug don't appear.

So I think it might not be related directly with object scripts, but one bug can cause another one.

Interesting is that after "alt + tab", when player is in game all is working fine. So most logical would be some conflict when new player is joining game. Something like, wrong players count in server mode script.
I will go and read more that part in mode script and learn more about join timing.

Curandero
They reported something strange at vc-coop. They started to play the map and another player joined later into the mission and this player saw living AI at a different position than the players who played from the start. Weird because after all that should not happen at all right?

Silent Bob
You mean the bots should have ben shot allready?

www.vietcong.info
Ando
You can see AI in different position only with extremly high ping( just don't get new data from server).
AI scripts are running only in servers and all clients see same what server send out.

But most likely first team missed some patrolling AI who was hiding on some small island during fire action and later AI was continuing his patrol way when players was far enough.

KostiCZ
As Ando said, there is no possibility when AIs are at different places except not synchronised position with server. And there is one another possibility - when AI is set to mounted weapon or to place in huey etc. If the master object is moving and position is not synchronised, it can happen that clients see them in different possitions (linked to mounted weapons or seats).
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Curandero
Alright so that problem is not map related and I too think it's some server-client communication thingy. Just wondered because I never heard about that before... thought (living) AI are always at the same position for everyone.

Intruder
Another report...
Last time I played the map with friends, we noticed something "never seen before"...
When the boat appeared, no bots were present; and when the boat reached the shore, she disappeared suddenly...to re-appear seconds later (around 10s and on the same path) but this time the boat stoped "normally" (but still no bots).
We all saw the same thing at the same time...

Intruder
  x 1  x 1

Ando
Fixes for DauTien beta 2:

- MWP boat restart completely changed and should be a lot better now.
(boat problems was related with map restart)
- after map done, "nextmap" switch delay 15 sec. ( for Auto Admin)
- 1 bug removed from coop script ( possible cause of join bug)
- some more small improvements.

Will test it a little more and then release beta 2
  x 1  x 2

Mohawk573
Hoop iths wurking Ando,because it is so beautiful map.
goodluck with it hope you succeed for DauTien beta 2
Signaturehttp://the-coop-factory.jimdo.com/

http://the-coop-factory.jimdo.com/
Intruder
Ando wrote:

Intruder wrote:

Last time...we noticed something "never seen before"...
When the boat appeared...she disappeared suddenly...to re-appear seconds later

- MWP boat restart completely changed and should be a lot better now.
(boat problems was related with map restart)

Now that I'm thinking about it...we had restarted the map, indeed!

Will test it a little more and then release beta 2

More suggestions... Wink
- I would change (or delete) the "watersplash" for another sound (bubbles are more suited maybe -in the water plants-?). For the moment, I'm always thinking: "who threw a stone in the water?", but it's not possible or I'm alone! lol
- I would also change the actual water sound for a squishing #4 (2696) or/and a squishing #8 (2692)? The curve sound is also too "abrupt", the sound is (dis)appearing too fast; the transition should be smoother...
Events should work as good in my opinion (need to be tested).
- If we respawn as doc or eng (...) and decide to take the M16, the ammobox will show us the "full ammo" message... We have to empty the M16's clip to have them all.

It's only my "feeling", don't change the sounds if you like them! Wink

Intruder

Ando
Thanks for suggestions Smile

Intruder wrote:
- I would change (or delete) the "watersplash" for another sound (bubbles are more suited maybe -in the water plants-?). For the moment, I'm always thinking: "who threw a stone in the water?", but it's not possible or I'm alone! lol

Those events are under trees and always something can fall from tree. So, I will replace some, but not all, because I like that sound.

Intruder wrote:
- I would also change the actual water sound for a squishing #4 (2696) or/and a squishing #8 (2692)?

Those are FA sounds. It mean that without FA that water will be without sound.

Intruder wrote:
The curve sound is also too "abrupt", the sound is (dis)appearing too fast; the transition should be smoother...

Unfortunately I have no options to start curve sound smoothly Sad
And there is too long area for events. I afraid it will affect FPS when I add hundreds of events.

Intruder wrote:
- If we respawn as doc or eng (...) and decide to take the M16, the ammobox will show us the "full ammo" message... We have to empty the M16's clip to have them all.

Unfortunately I have no command what will check is player ammo full or not.
Now I can only check is player shot after reload or not. And I don't want to remove that limit too because then some player can empty entire ammobox.
So, after one shot you can use it now.

Intruder
Ando wrote:

Intruder wrote:

The curve sound is also too "abrupt", the sound is (dis)appearing too fast; the transition should be smoother...

Unfortunately I have no options to start curve sound smoothly Sad
And there is too long area for events. I afraid it will affect FPS when I add hundreds of events.

It's strange because the river sounds, used by Pterodon (like in the Stream map) have a smooth transition... Have you tried to replace the sound "just for a test" yet?

I haven't completely tested the sound events but it shouldn't be a problem...
Normally, a sound will only be played when we enter its "area"... Even IF you have hundreds of sounds, only those we can really hear will be played, no?
I already added a lot of sounds in some maps and never really noticed a big difference in the fps... Events would allow you to use different kinds of the same sound too...
Of course, only "real tests" will confirm "this" or not! Wink

Intruder

Ando
I made some testings again and you are right, "curve sound" sound parameter come from definition file and "sound distance" of "curve sound" command is only for switching it on/off.

So, curve sounds can appear smoothly.
Edited by Ando on 18-03-2012 12:30

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.68 seconds - 96 Queries 4,934,016 unique visits