View Thread: WOT Patchs ?
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
WOT Patchs ?
arfur03
Hi,

I see there are a number of patch to down load for Vietcong. I play on line a lot are all these patches necessary to improve the game ?

Is it recommended to down load the other game ‘ Fist Alpha’ to run with ‘Vietcong’ ?

Ive noticed that some players on line wear sunglasses, how is this possible ?

I’m on ‘Windows 7’, if I play Vietcong off line the game keeps crashing, Ive tried running this ‘ VC starter’ down load but it doesn’t make any difference, im confused when they say to replace the ‘ Vietcong exe’ file !.

Thanks

Arfur.

mick
Hi.
Fist Bravo is needed for ability to play some maps, without that addon they just won't load in game.
What about sunglasses, lol, it's atribute of engineer class. so if you take an engineer, you got sunglasses.
I'm glad to help you Wink
Signaturevc1+fa; vc2+fb

apfelbaum
Fist Bravo is needed for ability to play some maps

i think he talks about vietcong I...

I see there are a number of patch to down load for Vietcong. I play on line a lot are all these patches necessary to improve the game ?

yes, you must have patch 1.6 installed. for that you first must install patch 1.3 and then 1.41, after 1.6. for the most servers you need version 1.6.

Is it recommended to down load the other game ‘ Fist Alpha’ to run with ‘Vietcong’ ?

fist alpha is only an "addon" that allows you to play another single player campaign and use more weapons. it is not necessary to play VC online.

Intruder
Hello,

arfur03 wrote:

I see there are a number of patch... I play on line a lot are all these patches necessary to improve the game ?

Those patches will not only improve the game, but they will also fix a lot of bugs and add "new content" (new objects, sounds,...)

Fist Alpha is the only "regular" addon available for Vietcong, and it's a MUST HAVE (in my opinion) for Vietcong because A LOT of maps are using maps and contents from this addon! Without it, you won't be able to join and play those maps...

Ive noticed that some players on line wear sunglasses, how is this possible ?

The players who chose the engineer class will wear the "sun glasses", those who select the medic will wear the "classic glasses", but ONLY if the Characters you play with are those from the "original game"! Those who have been added "later" (with the patches) won't wear those "equipments"...

I’m on ‘Windows 7’, if I play Vietcong off line the game keeps crashing, Ive tried running this ‘ VC starter’ down load but it doesn’t make any difference, im confused when they say to replace the ‘ Vietcong exe’ file !

I can't really help because I'm still on XP but it's a known bug FROM "those OS", not even able to make working older games correctly (thanks Micro$oft! lol)! Those crashes are due to the "radio calls" in the solo campain... They are related to a "sound problem".
VC starter will work sometimes for some, and not for the others... I never read somewhere "why" exactly. The "only" real solution for me is to have a dual boot, with XP also...but it's not very "practical" of course!
When you are asked to "replace" the Vietcong.exe, just RENAME it, like Vietcong_original.exe, and copy the "new" (delivered) Vietcong.exe at the same place (in the main Vietcong folder). IF for any reason, it's "not working", you still have your original Vietcong(_original).exe as a backup!!!

Thanks

You're welcome! Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 03-12-2011 21:51

mick
apfelbaum wrote:
Fist Bravo is needed for ability to play some maps

i think he talks about vietcong I...

yes, you must have patch 1.6 installed. for that you first must install patch 1.3 and then 1.41, after 1.6. for the most servers you need version 1.6.

fist alpha is only an "addon" that allows you to play another single player campaign and use more weapons. it is not necessary to play VC online.

yep, lol i meant fist alpha, not fb.
but for some maps FA is needed online as they crash if you don't use it.
Edited by mick on 03-12-2011 23:24
Signaturevc1+fa; vc2+fb

arfur03
Hi,

Thank you for that guys, I have tried all the options and patches, the only thing that is still a mystery is not being able to play (win 7) off line as the game crashes and the ‘ VC starter’ download doesn’t work.. as it seems a nightmare to set up ! still long as I can play online… thats the main thing.

See you in the jungle… later !

bye

Arfur.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.42 seconds - 59 Queries 4,931,894 unique visits