· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: Vietcong 1.70
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 25 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Vietcong 1.70
Intruder
If I'm not wrong, no dates have been set so far but it would be nice to have the patch (IF!) for the 10th anniversary of Vietcong, in February or March 2013...

Intruder

KostiCZ
Hmmm, we have a lot of things done but nobody is working on it now (no time during summer)
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Mrbean
So when is the release of this????????????

Lynxo
I understand you guys , that you have a lot things to do a new patch/addon or a mod for Vietcong . It's really sounds very good.A lot of working but good things with something new in the whole Vietcong games.booze
I know that you will do something good.I will really want to help if I can help you guys , no problem from me.
I voted yes for this v.1.70.
It's sounds very very good.You aren't obligated to working everymoment at v 1.70 so I understand this.
Mrbean when will be the release we will find out. We will know .
They can't say anything about the release of v 1.70 because they don't know when will be finished because it's a lot of working. Try to understand them . Because they want to do something good not bad with big bugs or big problems with the v 1.70.I know that we all want faster this version of vietcong. But this will take some time untill they will can release this new version that will be so good for Vietcong games.
I hope that You'll can finish the whole version.
It's really sounds very very good & nice.

Cheers !

Slàinte
Edited by Lynxo on 08-08-2012 18:03

Hoods
Definitely would like to add, when loading the game title image maps (MP)

[IMG=http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7613/vc2tmmp.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Edited by Hoods on 13-01-2013 21:09

apfelbaum

not possible
Edited by apfelbaum on 14-01-2013 12:17

Brchi
apfelbaum wrote:

not possible

Well I think I could add that, but first the more important things.

What format would be best to be displayed on any monitor (4:3, 16:9, ...)?
Pictures of all ptero maps (+fist alpha, and maybe for most popular custom maps too) could be added to the mod, and for new maps, the picture could be saved with it anywhere in the cbf/dat.
Edited by Brchi on 14-01-2013 15:06
  x 1  x 1

http://www.myCong.net
apfelbaum
Well I think I could add that

nice. i think 4:3 is best because of the whole game has 4:3

Hoods
I wanted to ask if you will set the player a larger setting.
I mean, the player can put on eye glasses, etc.

I am speaking of glasses, because they are simply terrible and the soldier not fit Grin
- The set and players you could change masking (pants or trunk)
- Better graphics figures of

Also, if he increased the number of characters in the nick.
Edited by Hoods on 16-01-2013 08:24

scorpion
I say yes to 1.70!

things I think need fixing/changing...

1.Gun names: pps-41 should be ppsh-41 ,Thompson should be changed to Thompson M1A1,M16 should be M16 A1, sten should be stengun MK II ,US M3 should be M3A1, colt m1911 should be colt M1911A1, M1 Garand should be M1 Garand with optics.

2.when a player has a weapon with a bayonet and then dies the weapon should have the bayonet still on the gun so you don't have to clip it on.

3.This is the thing that really stupid & needs changing....THE US-M3 IS HELD WITH 1 HAND!!!???!!!!??? it just looks so stupid a player with a 3.70 kg SMG getting shot with 1 hand on full auto Very Angry i understand they did this because the gun couldn't be held in the right position because it doesn't have a straight pistol grip like the m16 or Thompson but how bad good it possibly look than what it is now.

4.fist alpha should be included so players that don't have the patch don't have to download the maps.

5.New/improved weapons
I love the mods that Ziocong makes I love the idea of the S & W model 39 with no suppressor i think it should be used in 1.70.
I think there should be an option in sniper class that you can choose between m1garand or svd dragonov with or without optics and the 1 without optics to make it fair should get an extra magazine.

6.not sure how it happens but when you respawn it gives you 1 less magazine/clip of ammo that needs to be fixed.

7.Skins ,uniforms ,hats
all skins in the game should be able to selected in multiplayer every body and head gear in the whole game.

8. cheating #31 should be completely removed its pointless all it does is kill you when you use fist alpha weapons.

9.more game types like RW for Halong port and waterfall CTF for radio relay .

10.THE ABILITY TO HAVE USA CLASSES ON VC AND VC CLASSES ON USA SO YOU COULD BE A VC WITH M16 AND USA WITH AK47 BUT IT CAN ONLY WORK ON CLASSES THAT ARE UNLIMITED OR ITS UNFAIR ON THE OTHER TEAM IF YOU TAKE THIER RADIO OR SNIPER.

THANKS I hope some of these changes can be added to 1.70 Grin

Nosek
scorpion wrote:
7.Skins ,uniforms ,hats
all skins in the game should be able to selected in multiplayer every body and head gear in the whole game.

Check ADDCONG addon.

scorpion wrote:
8. cheating #31 should be completely removed its pointless all it does is kill you when you use fist alpha weapons.

That's part of game engine cheat protection. #31 is similar to #20 and was added in 1.60 as a protection against cheaters choosing FA weapon without FA addon installed on their machines. VC 1.60 is last public game-engine version (actually it's 1.61b - Editor) and Red Dawn was released later. DEVs just didn't make it compatible.

scorpion wrote:
10.THE ABILITY TO HAVE USA CLASSES ON VC AND VC CLASSES ON USA SO YOU COULD BE A VC WITH M16 AND USA WITH AK47 BUT IT CAN ONLY WORK ON CLASSES THAT ARE UNLIMITED OR ITS UNFAIR ON THE OTHER TEAM IF YOU TAKE THIER RADIO OR SNIPER.

This is possible in VC 1.00/1.01 but it was fixed. And re-enabling this would cause other problems with GE anticheat.

www.clan-delta.websnadno.cz
Hoods
I would have added a new weapon because VC has one more.. add (M4 Carabine, M1 Garand)
SignatureGames such as Flashpoint, Mafia and Vietcong never die.

apfelbaum
i think having different weapons for each side is better so every team has its own advantages/disadvantages!

scorpion
I think that they should change the weapons so they can all be chosen still Very Angry

scorpion
I have checked the ADDCONG addon and I think they are going to use it in 1.70 because it hat more skins and menu animation like they said on the list of things 1.70 would have.

Silent Bob
Its better to release something good than to release something nobody wants Wink

VC is almost 10 years old, and unsupported for 8 years......so there is no reason to push too hard, imo Wink

www.vietcong.info
Hoods
My ideas on what I have already written:

- When loading the map would display the image map.
- Better conveniences in setting player (assemble your clothes ..)
- Conquest mod.
- Option in Multi. grouped into teams.
- Fixed bug with cars, ships, etc..
- Shooting a machine gun while driving the jeep.
- Added new color flares
- New commands.

If it has to be patch 1.70, it should be the best with small pieces of modern games.
Edited by Hoods on 02-03-2013 21:39
SignatureGames such as Flashpoint, Mafia and Vietcong never die.

scorpion
Also 1.70 needs more bayonets like...

M1 Garand bayonet

M14 Bayonet

Mosin Nagant bayonet

Tokarev SVT 40 bayonet

I also did some test to find out the strength of some weapons to get 1 kill.

M14...

10 shots 1.5 m in the foot

5 shots 2.5 m in torso

head shot long range 1 shot

M16...

3 shots in torso at 2.5 m

2-3 shots long range head shot

10 shots in the foot

PPS 43...

2.5 m 3 shots in the torso

long range 2 shots

12 shots for foot

I think some guns should be stronger than others to make it more realistic because the guns above all have different bullets like the PPS 43 only fires a pistol bullet but in the game its stronger than the M14s.

PPS-43 7.62X25 mm

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=7.62+X+25+mm+&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=GhHcA-kN9_bZ6M&tbnid=GeK9vc1u-mKSUM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.harringtonproducts.com%2F7.62x25mm%2F&ei=UoJBUY8eo4eZBbHCgKAN&psig=AFQjCNFAL1raUgybWV2ZkDAi9T_u_Ziczw&ust=1363334094584852

M14 7.62X51

http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=7.62+x51&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=HBjJfh_f3kIV-M&tbnid=DScFGasvufEb4M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2F50ae.net%2Fcollection%2Fcetme%2F&ei=1IJBUZ-aKOyMmQX8koHQCA&psig=AFQjCNE4WSHCQN5AsD5VfxxKKBLlYUju8g&ust=1363334215185116

VERY DIFFERENT IN SIZE AND POWER FAW

Nafiledos
scorpion, the game has only Mosin carbine (short modification Mosin rifle) which did not have a bayonet and to charge patrons individually and not clip.
It would be great if the game has a standard Mosin rifle model 1891/30 with a bayonet. Also, it would be charged with the clip (as Simonov SKS) and not individually as Mosin rifle in the game. In Sniper Class, except for Dragunov SVD should Mosin rifle with sniper scope. Dragunov SVD was not so much in Vietnam as many Mosin rifles.
Edited by Nafiledos on 04-04-2013 07:47

scorpion
The mosin nagant in the game is the 81/30 carbine version and they do have the mounted bayonet that is stuck to the side of the rifle like the SKS but the one in the game doesn't maybe it's a different model like you said a modified version that has been shortened and also I agree with the idea of having the clip maybe they could just cut the ska clip in half and use it for the mosinAPPLAUSE

Jump to Forum: