View Thread: Vietcong 1.70
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 25 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Vietcong 1.70
andy_kosela
scorpion wrote:
I also did some test to find out the strength of some weapons to get 1 kill.

M14...

10 shots 1.5 m in the foot

5 shots 2.5 m in torso

head shot long range 1 shot

I haven't tested it extensively, but overall the wound system in Vietcong is far from being realistic. M14 fires 7.62x51mm NATO ammunition. That's a powerful bullet. Even one shot directed at the center of mass is easily going to incapacitate the enemy. They might not be dead after that one shot, but severe bleeding, hypovolemic shock plus a well known phenomenon called hydrostatic shock will definetly make him unable to continue fighting.

www.andykosela.com
scorpion
Yeah the svt and m14 fire very big bullets but are extremely week all the guns on vc shoot the same 7.62X54 mm but the svt is so much weeker also I did some research and found that the svt40 only has a 10 round mag and the one in the game has 20 I think this is because so it's fear because the US M14 has a standard 20 round box and also the SVT only fires on semi auto not fully auto this is also to make it fear for the VC.

scorpion
Sorry I mean extremely week in the game not real life

scorpion
The fully auto svt 40 was called the avt 40 and was made in 1943

scorpion
Another problem with weapons is that you don't aim properly through the sights

scorpion
Lol I keep finding problems here's another one
The m1 carbines bayonet doesn't even clip on to the lug it just looks stupid
And the m1 carbine is the size of the m1 garand it's way to big!!!
Edited by scorpion on 03-04-2013 06:48

scorpion
I noticed that the US-M3 shells that come out when you shoot are 5.56mm and when I shot the Thompson .45 came out maybe they should have given the m3 the same as the Thompson because the shoot the same caliber.

scorpion
Maybe give the AK-47 30 rounds and the M16 20 rounds and give the Makarov 8 rounds like in real life.

Silent Bob
scorpion wrote:
Maybe give the AK-47 30 rounds and the M16 20 rounds and give the Makarov 8 rounds like in real life.

M16: Most GI's loaded only 18 rds in their magazines, 20 rounds put too much pressure on the magazine spring...and if not used within a period of time...dust, dirt, moisture, etc. all conspired to cause the spring to fail...creating a jam.
  x 1  x 1

www.vietcong.info
Yrchi
Is the project still active?

If, I have some suggestions (many mentioned before). One is to make an existing grenade launcher functionable in multiplayer. And maybe smoke grenades.. Maybe make a grenade explosion animation look better too..

Then new weapons. Here I am more than ready to participate by creating models in 3ds max. I think UZI on US and MAT-49 on VC side are missing.

And what are the possibilities of a new class carrying RPG/LAW or even flamethrower? Smile

Hoods
Yrchi, good idea.
I would add M4 Carabine, M1 garand. UZI.
Also, functional technique for using RPG, LAW.
SignatureGames such as Flashpoint, Mafia and Vietcong never die.

scorpion
Hoods, the M4 carbine wasn't made until 1994 Shock and the M1 Garand is already in the game but I like the idea of the UZI
http://upload.wik...07307.JPEG
Edited by scorpion on 11-05-2013 02:44

scorpion
Maybe there should be more sides to choose like NVA or CIDG along with US Army and VC and when you select player it has your uniforms for all 4 classes so when you change your VC player for example you only have the option of choosing VC clothes like black pajama VC or local gorilla VC but with NVA you get your NVA green uniforms also the weapons for VC should be different to the NVA like the VC only get guns like mosin nagant and ppsh 41 and NVA get ak47 and pps43 but to make it fair the VC could run faster because they don't carry that much and have not got as much gear to carry compared to the NVA

scorpion
Has anyone played the single player campaign and noticed the weapons your tesm is carrying? Like Crocker with an m1 carbine and defort with a Thompson and wondered why the US spiecial forces in 1967 are using WW2 issue weaponry?
Even the army and marines stopped using those weapons after the Korean war all US Spiecial forces would have used M16s or colt commandos or M60s not WW2 infantry weaponsVery Angry in 1.70 make your single player team all have M16s!

Pachira
scorpion wrote:

Mosin Nagant bayonet

The version of Mosin Nagant in this game is the M38 which cannot use a bayonet.

scorpion wrote:
Has anyone played the single player campaign and noticed the weapons your tesm is carrying? Like Crocker with an m1 carbine and defort with a Thompson and wondered why the US spiecial forces in 1967 are using WW2 issue weaponry?
Even the army and marines stopped using those weapons after the Korean war all US Spiecial forces would have used M16s or colt commandos or M60s not WW2 infantry weaponsVery Angry in 1.70 make your single player team all have M16s!

There is several reasons for that

A ) You are Green Berets, special forces use whatever they need (especially weapons not current issue for the frontline infantry, helps plausible deniability, and they can choose what they want)

B ) You are Green Berets training CIDGs who would be given such equipment so it makes sense to have that old stuff

C ) WW2 weapons were still used in 'Nam for a while, especially by Special Forces
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1918_Browning_Automatic_Rifle#Vietnam_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun#After_World_War_II

etc)

Unrelated, it would be cool to have all of the FA weapons in VC SP, and maybe unscoped versions of scoped weapons (and scoped versions of a few, such as M14 and XM16E1). Plus it would be cool to have realistic weapon names ( see: http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Vietcong ) damages and mag capacity
Edited by Pachira on 21-05-2013 04:27

Intruder
I just wanted to add little precisions for "all"...

- IF the patch 1.70 will be released one day, it will mainly fix a lot of little bugs of many kinds (I guess), like missing textures, sound bugs,... and add little improvements...
- I really doubt new guns will be added (for example) or the power of them will be changed... This may completely change the gameplay of the game and maybe "ruin" it!
- Also note that usually the wishes of the Coop players aren't those of the human vs human ones! I let you imagine how it can be difficult to determine what will be added in that patch without to mess with "the other community"!
- Vietcong will probably never be a 100% accurate fps like some more modern games, and personally, I really prefer the gameplay stay unchanged after all those years...
- The patch must stay a patch, and not having the characteristics of a mod!

Just my 2 cents... Wink

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

Hoods
Yes you're right. We can not add such a big change. But again, we can't not only fix bugs if this patch is to save the VC, then it must be such a patch, in order to appeal to everyone. It let inspired by modern games.
SignatureGames such as Flashpoint, Mafia and Vietcong never die.

DSOP-Apache
Intruder wrote:
I just wanted to add little precisions for "all"...

- Also note that usually the wishes of the Coop players aren't those of the human vs human ones! I let you imagine how it can be difficult to determine what will be added in that patch without to mess with "the other community"!
- Vietcong will probably never be a 100% accurate fps like some more modern games, and personally, I really prefer the gameplay stay unchanged after all those years...
Intruder

Yep you will divide the vc community even more between de coop and non-coop players and that is not a good thing .
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

MaDHoUsE
hi a big yes ...

scorpion
1.70? is it almost complete? 99% done? can we have an expected date on when it could be possibly finished? Smile I understand people are still working on it APPLAUSE

Jump to Forum: