View Thread: Stuck
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Stuck
DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Iam very rusty if it comes to VC stuff even ingame gives problems with the controls Smile .

Iam a bit stucked in Max the moddeling stuff go's ok but the working environment is not up to date yet.

I would like to have the textures from nva base and the ones from the buildings /temples this because i wanna use textures that are used by the game as it is .
I also like to unpack my old maps and work with them a bit and rebuild them if possible.
Any tips to get me started again would be more than welcom ,ah i did google a lot but did not find the right solutions

Some other stuff iam looking at is in the coop missions as extra objectives destroying objects are there any scripts for that by now ?
And those objects should be spawning at random between 10 different locations and most of the enemy should do that at least between 3 random positions .

Greets
Apache
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 16-01-2012 15:52
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

Curandero

I would like to have the textures from nva base and the ones from the buildings /temples this because i wanna use textures that are used by the game as it is .

You can collect objects in the editor to get the object and it's textures. Select the object you want to collect and go to Tools -> Collector. There you can choose what to collect. You can find the collected objects inside the collect-folder of your vietcong game. Those DDS-textures can be used right away in Max.

I also like to unpack my old maps and work with them a bit and rebuild them if possible.
Any tips to get me started again would be more than welcom ,ah i did google a lot but did not find the right solutions

With Total Commander and the packer-plugin "cbf.wcx" you can select a map of your choice inside TC and unpack it. I am also a bit rusty on that front but then you should find the map in the levels-folder of the extracted stuff.
TC and packer-plugin installation is described here: http://www.vietco...ead_id=260

Hope I could help a bit.

Kermit
you can use 'extract dds from cbf' as well..
also, if you are extracting anyway, you can extract g/tex for all, and link to it in max.. that way you dont have to pack those textures with the map. Thats only if you use a lot of those textures, because it saves you only like 100 kb for 1 texture I think.

DSOP-Apache
HI,
Thx for the tips and help Smile

I had many more questions but founded this out myself while freaking about in max and editor.
The tips yous gived me speeded things up and thanks a lot for that Smile
Back to the drawingboard Smile
Greets
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.