· Terminator 1 week
· Silent Bob 1 week
· The ACE 2 weeks
· Highl@nder 2 weeks
· Jardacz 2 weeks
· desintegrator 3 weeks
· gus 3 weeks
· forrest747 3 weeks

View Thread: Be a "Vietcong War" reporter!
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
Be a "Vietcong War" reporter!
Intruder
Hello soldiers,

I would like to present you an idea I got years ago, just a little before the release of Vietcong 2... Unfortunately, I can't give birth to that idea myself because of my too weak pc!

Well, the idea is rather simple...
When "we" check the "Vietcong videos" on YouTube, we can't really say most of them are "very good"... Years later, Vietcong became nicer and the power of our pcs increased a lot to allow us to record AND play at the same time! So...

The main idea is to show the "gaming community" why after all those years, we are STILL playing this game we love soo much (mainly in Coop)! Those videos should be of the "highest" quality! lol

The mission:

- Chose the best looking maps available on the market...
- Clear the server from all "the help" on the screen, like the compass...
- With your friends/team, decide who will be the "War reporter" of the mission (a very good pc is advised for smoother and higher resolutions)... That man/woman WON'T fight but will be the "eyewitness" of the battles (drop all your gears on the ground till your "view" is cleared)! That man/woman should also have some skills "for the pictures" of course... lol
- Try to go as close as possible the action (without to die! Rejoin if needed... lol) and record your mates in their best "action scenes"!
- Back at NuiPek, select all your "best scenes" in all your rushes to re-create the missions...
- Edit your scenes in a "movie editor" with some effects like: "fading" the colours, add some "scratches" or "camera shakings"... The purpose is to re-create real "footages" from that era.
- Add VIETCONG music only (don't use "sixties" music because the videos will be "mute" on YouTube because of copyrights!) but not all the time; Vietcong has great sounds! lol
- Upload your videos on YouTube and use them to "promote" (if we still can! lol) Vietcong in forums/mails...

Note that if you use one of my VC_ or FA_ editions, you can create your own "fake scenes" in the Discovery mode, to add in your movies! Wink

The day I will buy a new pc, I will probably try myself to create such Vietcong videos!

Any volunteers? lol VC

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 29-01-2012 19:51
  x 8  x 2

JohnDoe
I volunteer Wink
Edited by JohnDoe on 30-01-2012 04:09
Signature
Relax. What is mind? No matter! What is matter? Never mind!

apfelbaum
i cannot record, my pc sucks although i have a 2.33 ghz quad core.

you should have 3 or more ghz per core.

Intruder
JohnDoe wrote:

I volunteer Wink

Very Good and...Good Luck!!! VC

---------------------------------------------

apfelbaum wrote:

i cannot record, my pc sucks although i have a 2.33 ghz quad core.

I'm not an expert but I think that a multicore is pretty useless in our case, because Vietcong will only use one core. The game is not "scripted" to use more core at the same time...
But I've read in another forum that it was advised to record a movie (from a game) on another HD (if possible) than the one on which the game was installed...for better performances.

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 30-01-2012 14:51

doomed
What a coincidence - the German magazine spiegel.de is writing about the big success of such "gaming videos" on YouTube today Smile

I'm all up for it too, but unfortunately have major lags/red box too often :/ ...well, let's see. What would you use to record the sequences?
SignatureNobody suspects the butterfly. (B.S.)

JohnDoe
Well,I think this is most popular program to capture video,and it doesn't slow down game etc....
Read more on this page :

And here is example how it should look :

Edited by JohnDoe on 30-01-2012 18:50
Signature

Silent Bob
Anyone tried to use the "replay" function of VC to record the gameplay and the record it later when viewing the replay?

www.vietcong.info
apfelbaum
i thought you can only see the 3pv or spectatorcamera when using the replay function?

I'm not an expert but I think that a multicore is pretty useless in our case, because Vietcong will only use one core. The game is not "scripted" to use more core at the same time...
But I've read in another forum that it was advised to record a movie (from a game) on another HD (if possible) than the one on which the game was installed...for better performances.

with low resolutions (800x600) i have no problems, but when i try to record in resolutions like 1400x1050 my pc sucks Grin

Intruder
JohnDoe wrote:
Well,I think this is most popular program to capture video,and it doesn't slow down game etc....
Read more on this page :

Indeed, FRAPS is probably the best know of all... But the "free" version only records sequences of 30 secs, and "a watermark" is above the image (you have to edit the video in an editing program to "remove" the mark)
There is 1 or 2 other programs that can record also but I forgot their name. A Google search will be needed I guess.

But...Xfire has a "recording" option too, no? I never tested that option however (I'm using FRAPS)...

And here is example how it should look :

I was more thinking about something like...THIS! Wink
I have the intention to contact Briggsil to see if he would like to make more Vietcong videos because they are of a very good quality! APPLAUSE

This video is interesting also!

And here is my YouTube channel where I uploaded GPL videos; an old sim racing game which still allows me to record the replays with my old pc...
It will give you an idea about "the details" you can obtain at a very low resolution (640x480), but with a smooth image (watch the Lotus, Honda and Brabham videos in priority)...

Note "for all":
As soon as possible, I will propose you a BIG idea for a "special event"...
Stay tuned!!! Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 30-01-2012 19:37

Intruder
Silent Bob wrote:

Anyone tried to use the "replay" function of VC to record the gameplay and the record it later when viewing the replay?

I think to have heard once, that the replay wasn't working for the Coop mode...but I'm not totally sure.

-------------------------------------------------------

apfelbaum wrote:

with low resolutions (800x600) i have no problems, but when i try to record in resolutions like 1400x1050 my pc sucks Grin

The most important is to find "the limits" in the resolutions to not excceed with our pc that will still give a smooth but nice image to watch... If the video is "stuttering", the viewer won't stay long for a watch... It will be the same if we only can see moving pixels! lol

Note that as "a reporter", the view should be "clear" (no guns)... It should help us to gain some fps yet! Wink

Intruder

JohnDoe
Here is video that is taken on Xfire,and as you can see,it is pretty good quality,and for more info,you can ask Vlatka or GoGs about taking videos on Xfire,they use it a lot.

And,I'm using full FRAPS 3.4.7 version,as well as Xfire etc.
Edited by JohnDoe on 30-01-2012 20:10
Signature

apfelbaum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYrhoZLchs

not a gameplay, only an example....
Edited by apfelbaum on 30-01-2012 20:16

Defwen
Ive tried something like that in crew. Ive to say its really hard to leave others play and dont touch weapon (I could just look how others are playing). Its VC2 but map is from VC1 (If you dont want to see a VC2 video, just ignore it or delete my post).
YouTube link: http://youtu.be/U...

www.defwen.com
Intruder
Defcon wrote:

Ive tried something like that in crew. Ive to say its really hard to leave others play and dont touch weapon (I could just look how others are playing).

Oh, but I can understand that! It's always funnier to kill some bots of course! FAW
But it shouldn't be an "easy" task to do anyway (in my opinion). All those who will decide to create such videos must know it will take time, effort...and it will be very "frustrating" to do! lol
Like I said, I've just proposed a general idea because I actually won't be able to create such videos myself... People are still free to decide when, and what, they want to record during their gaming session. The "scenes" could be "prepared and organized" too, with players acting like...actors! Possibilities are numerous...
I'm proposing to not use the gun, and be "only" a cameraman/woman, because I'm sure we will "record" the battle scenes "differently", with other eyes. And we will pay attention to "details" we won't see if we are only focused on the bots. Such videos could be "different" to what we are used to see on the net in fact... Smile

Its VC2 but map is from VC1 (If you dont want to see a VC2 video, just ignore it or delete my post).
YouTube link: http://youtu.be/U...

I see no reason to not watch your VC2 video (I already saw it in the past in fact), or to ignore or delete your post! All the feedbacks are the welcome! Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 31-01-2012 15:35

Intruder
doomed wrote:

I'm all up for it too, but unfortunately have major lags/red box too often :/

And if you host the session yourself, or ask a mate "closer the North of Europe", will the connection be better? Are you on Wifi? I've read it's not the best connection we can have for gaming...
I could also ask to Sitting Duck to propose you his server as wel (from Finland)... Wink

Intruder

Troll
The two best cameras to use in my opinion are Bandicam and Growler Guncam. Both of these work well with almost none detectable lag. We have made some videos in the past and had a lot of fun doing them. But, dont take that as i am offering my help with the filming of this, i am not. As said previously you need alot of time and effort. A story board would help to. Have fun.

http://ngg-team.com/
Silent Bob
Intruder wrote:
Silent Bob wrote:

I think to have heard once, that the replay wasn't working for the Coop mode...but I'm not totally sure.

Intruder

Well, we need to try this....maybe there is another solution Wink

www.vietcong.info
Jump to Forum: