Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 6 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Vietcong's Anniversary
AppleSinclair
[SUGGESTION]

International Reunion Event

- Event held over a weekend (Saturday and Sunday) on an international scale.
- All players welcome (not just clan); fun 'wars' planned.
- Game Server(s) and TeamSpeak servers in each major geographical area.
- 'Ambassadors' to each geographical area to advertise the event on clansites, fansites and general games sites (not necessarily VC-related).
- Extensive advertising:
* In-game - through server list and by advertising it in populated servers.
* Clan forums.
* Email lists from clan forums.
* Social networks (Twitter/Facebook/XFire)
- Aim to bring back players for the weekend, who have previously left the game (e.g. ex-Clan Members).
- Provide accessible and fast download for the game (dedicated seeding to a nominated VC torrent and pointing new and returning players to it (pseudo-legally)).
- Website providing information and organisational functions.

Bierkes
sounds good apple!
Edited by Bierkes on 12-10-2012 16:52

http://www.esl.eu/eu/player/4007318/
Silent Bob
AppleSinclair wrote:
[SUGGESTION]

- 'Ambassadors' to each geographical area to advertise the event on clansites, fansites and general games sites (not necessarily VC-related).
- Extensive advertising:
* Clan forums.
- Aim to bring back players for the weekend, who have previously left the game (e.g. ex-Clan Members).
- Provide accessible and fast download for the game (dedicated seeding to a nominated VC torrent and pointing new and returning players to it (pseudo-legally)).

can be done, any volunteers for the parts?

I can do the website part....info/organisation

www.vietcong.info
Bierkes
AppleSinclair wrote:
[SUGGESTION]

- Extensive advertising:
* Clan forums.

I think nGG can be a big help with some of those points:

- Gameservers with anniversary names. We atleast have 7 good and stable servers available.
- Teamspeak. We can use nGG teamspeak or/and vietcong.info teamspeak (both teamspeak3)
- Ambassadors, we've got players in nGG with contacts on ESL, old(stopped) players, and public 1.01+1.6 public and clan players.
- rovide accessible and fast download for the game (dedicated seeding to a nominated VC torrent and pointing new and returning players to it (pseudo-legally)). Some of us can also seedSmile

That's what we can help with. So for other points you need other guys Wink
p.s. About the "website providing information and organisational functions" isn't this website the perfect spot for it?

Regards, bierkes

KostiCZ
I can seed on vietcong.info server also, symetrical 50Mbps can help :-) And if you need also TS2 server, it shouldn't be a problem.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Silent Bob
As for the social media part: any volunteers? I dont use facebook or twitter. But i can help with the xfire part......

www.vietcong.info
KostiCZ
Silent Bob wrote:
As for the social media part: any volunteers? I dont use facebook or twitter. But i can help with the xfire part......

Feel free to join:

http://www.facebo...106366719/

Teamrespawn.cz
KostiCZ
SB: If you don't have facebook, you don't exists in virtual world Pfft

Teamrespawn.cz
Silent Bob
KostiCZ wrote:
Silent Bob wrote:

Feel free to join:

Thats your part to get members and inform them about the events Wink

www.vietcong.info
JohnDoe
I think *nGG can do massive part here,because they are connected with both clans and solo players,in all game modes.
We should ask GoGs,Vlatka,Bierkes,Troll and others are they willing to advertise this event on their,and in their friend pages.
I'm certain that they wont mind it at all if we ask them in polite way Grin

So,*nGG's,are you kind enough to help us in our efforts to make epic Anniversary of our favorite game,VietCong?*

*No payement involved Grin
Signature
Relax. What is mind? No matter! What is matter? Never mind!

Silent Bob
We also need one to inform all czech and slovakian players......and a translator.

www.vietcong.info
Vlatka
Of course we are !! we have to make a blast... i will start working tommorow on stuff Grin

Then i shall show u if u like..... so if u like i will do...
Signature*nGG.| Vlatka

AppleSinclair
Wow, good interest so far, looks promising.

Popular countries/regions:
- Germany
- Czech Rep
- Australia/New Zealand
- Asia
- USA
- England
- France
- Italy
- Lots of others in Europe

But, what we need to sort out [specifically in Europe] is where the server(s) can be hosted to be accessible to the most amount of players. For instance, do French players get reasonable ping on German servers; if so, then we only need a servers in Germany not Germany + France. What about players in Italy or Greece etc. If we have a server in each country it will probably get too difficult to organise and administer, so we should have servers for each region (Eastern Europe, Western Europe, America, Asia, Oceania, etc)

There will be some regions which require multiple servers to cater for the event (e.g. Germany and Czech definitely), and others will only require one or two.

We will need fast dedicated servers that can handle large amounts of traffic (e.g. think of 32 or 64 slots and large maps). We also need backup servers in case the primary servers crash.

Furthermore, we will need to have contingency plans for dealing with cheaters etc, such locking servers but having passwords available to clan leaders/important people in the Community who can pass it on.

Oceania (Australia/New Zealand)

I can provide a fast dedicated server and TeamSpeak server for this region (hosted in a data center in Brisbane, Australia). I am also available to act as an Ambassador to advertise and promote this event.
Edited by AppleSinclair on 13-10-2012 05:32

Vlatka
IMO the most important thing is not to have too much servers. That will split up players too much.

So IMO the thing that is most important to solve is fast server in which could enter players from America and from Europe and have equaly good playing posibilities.

I like this international touch of events, and i think thats the right way to go. We would need to show for anniversary of VC that VC was/is the game that bring allot of ppl together from all over the world. We need to recreate the most fun times that this game has given us, and even the comunity is much smaller now, we need to put our efforts in bringing ppl together and inactive ones once again in for this event. To get as much ppl possible.

The key of this is good organisation...only 155 days to do it...clock is ticking... imo in this 2 weeks we need to solve this organisation part (at least the sceleton).

If u agree i would make some nice graphics, invitations, banners.....teasers...etc... we need to do a "publicity" part very good.... inform very well...and start with it soon.

I will start making something latter today and will post it here....so u can see what is in my mind....and u can share your suggestions, changes...etc....

My point is we need to make a good advertisement for this so ppl will be interestid to come in bigger numbers. Smile
Edited by Vlatka on 13-10-2012 11:54
Signature*nGG.| Vlatka
  x 2  x 1

KostiCZ
Vlatka, good idea. Please join facebook group also if you are not already joined

Teamrespawn.cz
Brchi
Servers:
Serverpool! Everyone can add his hardware resources to the pool and also specify access to it (for himself only, for friends, clan members, or for public).
Players can then create servers from the pool resources as needed and if they have access. Country/Ping of the resource will be shown. No more empty servers.

Cheaters:
Accounts! 3 (name), 2 (password), 1 (optional mail), go! Playing only possible if registered. Suspicious players (for non-100% detections) are marked with specific tags. Unfair players always risk losing their account (profile/stats).

Download:
Rapidshare! I don't like the idea of torrents. I always have rapidshare premium, providing highspeed download (via tool) shouldn't be a problem.

Ads:
Serverlist! I already mentioned that: v1.6 players will be able to "update" when joining a specially prepared server (which can occur multiple times in serverlist). "Update" can be anything (full access via fake hradba).

ESL or custom system? I don't really know anything about ESL and how it could be combined. I'd prefer a custom system.

Nice countdown :P

http://www.myCong.net
Bierkes
@ Applesinclair:

We have 2 Rented servers from 4netplayers.de(german server hoster) 1 has 16 slots, and 1 has 32 slots.

My experience during ESL matches, is that the following country's have pings around :
- The netherlands(ping 25-50)
- Germany (ping 20-50)
- Croatia (ping 40-75)
- Cz (ping20-80) They have realy many diff inet speeds up there)
- Italy (ping 40-90)
- Switserland (ping 40-80)
- Sweden (ping 30-70)
- Belgium (ping 30-70)
- Denmark (ping 40-80)
- Poland (ping 40-90)
- Greece (ping 60-100)
- England (ping 40-80)

That are about the country's were players are from on ESL.

So basicly... to be short, acces to german servers should all result in pings under the 100, which makes it perfectly playable
Players from australia/america/asia/new zeeland/canada/afrika etc etc all will have pings between the 120-300 which makes it realy laggy, so i would suggest 4 servers in total. 2-3 servers for europe of 64 players hosted in germany. 1 servers hosted in the USA. and 1 hosted in australia. Then you have 5 servers in total, not to less, not to much, and everybody has acces to servers full of players, and no/hardly any lagg.

-------------------------
@ kosticz :

nice facebook page, i'll join it asap.

------------------------

@ Johndoe:

Read my second post in the topic, i already mentioned there what nGG could do Wink

@ Silent bob :

- I can contact the Cz/slovaks on ESL. LG has a big vc cz website running, which is very good populated. He could make advertisements there.

@ Vlatka:

Looks good, hope you can manage it Smile
Edited by Bierkes on 13-10-2012 17:41

Defwen
KostiCZ wrote:
Silent Bob wrote:

Feel free to join:

Since Shigor seems to be interested in this event, he should contact some ex-pterodons instead of me.

www.defwen.com
KostiCZ
Defcon: I have some contacts also but I can ask Shigor to do it.

Teamrespawn.cz
Vlatka
KostiCZ wrote:
Vlatka, good idea. Please join facebook group also if you are not already joined

Ty.

Ok, i will join.

Im making graphic stuff... when i have some examples finished.. i will post.

@ Bierkes : im sure we can, nGG is allways happy about stuff like this, im just waiting for Troll to start posting here, he is a golden fish in cases like this, will contact him about it.
Edited by Vlatka on 14-10-2012 10:52
Signature*nGG.| Vlatka
  x 1  x 1

Jump to Forum: