View Thread: Exporting .BES horror
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Exporting .BES horror
DSOP-Apache
Hi,

When i export a .BES the file dont show up or its totally misformed .
Is there any1 who had the same problems or perhaps know what can be wrong , there are no strange msg in the editor but once i saw the object had 0 faces the object shows ok in the thumbnail from the editordatabas ...

Greets
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

apfelbaum
could you make screenshots, i dont know what you mean...

DSOP-Apache
Hi, Apfelbaum,

Thx for your reply.
Here some screens from the objects , in max and from the editor .
i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/Naamloos.gif
i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/Naamloorts.gif

Greets

apfelbaum
could you send me the object? then i try it.

a reason why you have the problem could be that you have too much polygons. also it seems like you have almost 10k subobjects, so the object identifys a "little" problem. could it be that you didnt't make the objects yourself and used a SPECIAL program far that ? *cough* Grin then you should merge all the objects.

another problem could be that you have vertices that are not connect with(in) a polygon.
then often the engine crashes or weird things happen to your object.
to clear this error you can convert your object to an "edit poly" (over the modifier list) and select all objects. then go to vertex mode and click "remove isolated faces"

greetings

DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your time and tips ,
I found a way back but this set me back to 0 almost .

Reading your reply rings some bells right awway there because when the corridores were smaller it was no problem with the export but later when it was extended to the double of the amount i had problems with the export .
These are optimise objects but i can release a few polygon killers on the objects again but they are already optimised to the max if you ask me .
I never had to modify the objects to an editable poly but i will try that .
Besides that the best solution for me right now is to split the corridors in to sections and export them as seperate BES files because that looks the best option reading your tips .
These corridors will come below the temple but i made a long corridor away and below the temple and i hope this all will be playable later when iam done Smile .
These are objects for games and i can send you the max file if you wanna have a look .
If you are instrested in some corridor obj files i can also send you those i have no problems sharing things
I was freaking about with some graffiti textures on the walls here you have a screen from inside the corridors ,
I did use some object viewers and converters but they were not compatible enough so i did use any of this rather than max ..

a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417229_332059550179554_100001265357807_940461_1793621327_n.jpg
a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/431012_332059943512848_100001265357807_940462_955093555_n.jpg
Again thanks a lot for your help and time .
Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 12-03-2012 18:34

apfelbaum
no, i dont nees your files. you should send them when you have problems with them. seems like you have a little problem with object and texture optimization. you can send me your object and the textures you have problems with, then i can tell you everything about it, everything.

greetings

DSOP-Apache
Hi,
i splitted up the corridors and connect them in the editor this seems to work just fine Smile

Thanks a lot for the tips .
Greets

apfelbaum
you should edit your uv's and your texture layering method.

i39.tinypic.com/350ji8n.jpg
i39.tinypic.com/sbtyy0.jpg

(taken from the pteroengine II)

here you can see how you should make it. in the red area you can see how it is correct. the seems between the wall and the curved ceiling. edit your uv's to get the same result ;-)

for overlay you should use textures with either an alpha channel or a white background that is invisible when you use it correct and wisely. this prevents seems between two materials/textures.

greetings
Edited by apfelbaum on 13-03-2012 00:31

DSOP-Apache
Hi,
The part i showed you is very fresh i just putted the textures there to break the boring monotone texture environment ,every section is a group and i will tweak the textures later .its just a walk arround to see how things are looking Smile
Thanks a lot for your tips again much appreciated Smile
Greets

Chavez_US
apfelbaum wrote:
i39.tinypic.com/350ji8n.jpg
i39.tinypic.com/sbtyy0.jpg

I found it is easier to UVW the surface while it is still flat (before a bend modifier is put on it)...then readjusting (unwrapping) the UVWs if i need the textures a little bit tighter after the bend modifier is applied on the flat (soon to be curved) object ... Otherwise it takes much longer to sort out the polygons and vertexes in the UVW window...

DSOP-Apache
Hello,
As you can see some graffiti are wall covered and dont need to be multi or merged Smile but i had a lot of helpfull tips from you guys and i did try most of them.
Also thanks for the tips Chavez_US
Greets

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.19 seconds - 70 Queries 4,882,299 unique visits