· doomed 4 weeks

View Thread: Server passworded
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Server passworded
luporandagio
last night the server was used by only 4 players, because protected by password. I said that I knew the pass was not working, I waited until I was called or the server that was opened but no one did anything. Maybe I did not really explained why I was in TS but I could not play or maybe I was not pleased. No problem, I went to play on another server. But what I do not understand is why you leave your empty server and password protected. You want other players to go anywhere else? It 'was an oversight or deliberate? is not the first time I see the empty server and protected by password.
Sorry for translate.
Riccardo

KostiCZ
Lupo, password is on forum and all registered ppl can find it here...

http://www.vietco...ead_id=176

Yes, when players leave server password should be disabled.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
luporandagio
I know the password, but it did not work, and I told Mudspanker that I could not get on the server because it was protected and the pass did not work. I was given what I knew and that is still active, but apparently had been changed, because I could not access. I waited for a bit 'of TS, which was removed the block, or give me the new pass, then I heard that others were still playing and I went on another server. I do not care for this, I know I'm often a burden to others. What we ask is that when the server is free and available to all, no sense an empty server protected by password

doomed
luporandagio wrote:
I know the password, but it did not work, and I told Mudspanker that I could not get on the server because it was protected and the pass did not work. I was given what I knew and that is still active, but apparently had been changed, because I could not access. I waited for a bit 'of TS, which was removed the block, or give me the new pass, then I heard that others were still playing and I went on another server. I do not care for this, I know I'm often a burden to others. What we ask is that when the server is free and available to all, no sense an empty server protected by password

Hi Lupo, sorry, this was a misunderstanding then: After Mudspanker told us on TS, that the password wouldn't work for you, we reset it, and I myself could also join the server without problem then (with the normal, known pw). We tried to tell you, and waited for you to join, but then you were suddenly gone. The password was on, because there were a lot of "rambos" joining before, which made it tough to get a mission going.

See you soon, cheers, doomed Smile

EDIT: I agree, the server shouldn't be left passworded when everybody leaves. That was a mistake.
Edited by doomed on 01-04-2012 10:36
SignatureNobody suspects the butterfly. (B.S.)

Jump to Forum: