Print Thread
Dev editor opening error
VoChiCong
Hi everybody. I have a problem I haven't before. Look at this screenshot:
s12.postimage.org/dsvggi2sb/error.jpg
Thx!

www.bosvulturii.co.cc
Chavez_US
Image isnt loading. Can you describe what it is you are seeing? or not seeing?

Curandero
It's an "Exception Access Violation" error message Chavez.

Until now such error-screens popped up when I had too much objects(I think) in the scene and mainly when F8'ing the scene. Hmhm, no idea.

Chavez_US
This happened to me when doing VET_Dakto. Too many objects. I had to rename a backup.sco (the most recent) and go back and move the specific objects around mopre evenly through the terrain. I can't recall how many total objects there can be in a scene, but it made me realize the editor and the game has its limits. After that terrain i made the terrains smaller...

I hope this helps...

Still awaiting a reply from VoChiCong as to what he was doing when this happened (must have been like Curandero said during the F8-F9 portion of editing...

Rick (Chavez_US)
  x 1  x 1

VoChiCong
Yep, this happens when I open the editor. First, is opening the startup window(the normal window, with resolutions etc..) and when i press OK to start editor it gaves me this adress.

www.bosvulturii.co.cc
Chavez_US
VoChiCong wrote:
Yep, this happens when I open the editor. First, is opening the startup window(the normal window, with resolutions etc..) and when i press OK to start editor it gaves me this adress.

Go to your vietcong->levels->mapname->backup-> and rename the most recent backup.sco to yourmapname.sco.
Replace the original yourmapname.sco with the one you just renamed. You may lose a bit of work, but it will let you re-open the map again...

Try to right click the dev-editor tab in the task bar, then select maximize. This may cure the editor window not opening for you.

post back as soon as you can if these possible solutions worked for you...

Rick (Chavez_US)
Edited by Chavez_US on 11-04-2012 00:31

VoChiCong
Man, I can't even open the editor. I reinstalled even the vietcong, I didn't even started to open the map. It gaves me that error even the first time I opened the editor after reinstalling...

www.bosvulturii.co.cc
KostiCZ
If you have original VC+FA the last option is - reinstall windows. If you have pirate copy - buy original.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png
  x 1  x 2

Teamrespawn.cz
VoChiCong
Ok, thanx costy Smile

www.bosvulturii.co.cc
Chavez_US
KostiCZ wrote:
If you have original VC+FA the last option is - reinstall windows. If you have pirate copy - buy original.

Whoa!...Did you try to System Restore first? I wouldn't want you to go through reformatting Windows if this may help. The last know working configuration (of windows) may answer the problem. Also make sure you back up everything if you do a reformat...transfer your levels files, maps, mpbindkey notepad to external hard drive before starting a reformat. Also any other important programs/textures/pictures, etc...

The editor can be a buggy thing, and sometimes reinstalling the editor helps, but i see you said you have already done that...Does the Vietcong game launch properly?

Rick (Chavez_US)
  x 1  x 1

VoChiCong
Chavez_US, you don't have to explain what i have to do...omg with restore points, i know that Smile) you explained like a n00b. Thx. Anyway, i don't want anymore to edit. I edited the game himself(cbf files). You can close this thread!

www.bosvulturii.co.cc
Chavez_US
VoChiCong wrote:
Chavez_US, you don't have to explain what i have to do...omg with restore points, i know that Smile) you explained like a n00b. Thx. Anyway, i don't want anymore to edit. I edited the game himself(cbf files). You can close this thread!

My apologies, i really didnt want to state the obvious. But i understand. Good luck.

VoChiCong
Thx

www.bosvulturii.co.cc
Jump to Forum: