· hackepter 1 week
· WEZ 1 week
· Homi 2 weeks
· Terminator 2 weeks
· Silent Bob 2 weeks
· Highl@nder 4 weeks
· Jardacz 4 weeks
· desintegrator 4 weeks

View Thread: Tell Captain Rosenfield the truth?
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Tell Captain Rosenfield the truth?
Sky999
I can't find any reference to this being asked before, but it's something that has bugged me ever since I played the game way back when it first came our all those years ago.

There are spoilers for the campaign, although I doubt it matters after all this time, but meh.

Anyway, on the mission Brush and Sweep, the one where you go into the swamp to capture enemy prisoners, at least that's the first stage of the mission, there is a weird occurance that has got to be hands down, in my opinion, the weirdest easter egg (if you can call it that) I have ever seen in a video game. To this day I don't have a clue what it was about.

I'm trying to replicate it at the moment, but I can't seem to have the option, but from what I remember, at the point where Captain Rosenfield has headed back to the chopper with the two Vietcong prisoners, there is an option to press use on him and it says either 'Tell Captain Rosenfield the truth' or 'see what Captain Rosenfield's made off', at which point he shoots the prisoners, lets off a huge scream, runs off, and then walks into a minefield and gets blown into a million pieces....

Literally my response to that, as it was back when I was a young teenager, is this...

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6h74mpHR81rwcc6bo1_250.gif

The mission doesn't end...you can carry on...and Captain Rosenfield is alive and well in the next mission?

My question...what in the world was that all about!!? =/
Is there some hidden meaning I'm not getting? What was the truth? Is it an inside joke I'm not getting?
Edited by Sky999 on 23-08-2012 22:02

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.26 seconds - 46 Queries 4,933,036 unique visits