View Thread: Vietcong Crashes
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Vietcong Crashes
Intruder
Just in case...
I give you a link on "how to show a file extention with windows 7" because when we are talking about .exe, .dll...; we aren't even sure it is set like this on your computer...

Don't give up! Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 08-10-2012 11:11
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

doomed
...how did the story end? Robert, problem solved?

I was just starting the single player campaign this weekend - thought I'd fumble around in there a little bit, but, same issue - crash when some radio call comes in.

Now, it's not sooo important to me since I'm mostly COOP'ing online, but, IF I installed that VCstarter, does that effect the multiplayer performance in anyway (access to servers etc.)? I'm using Vista. Just curious Smile

Cheers, doomed
SignatureNobody suspects the butterfly. (B.S.)

GoGs
No its not affect, its even better.
Only few tips:
1. You must have original dll files.
2. Exclude antivirus checking for vcstarter (vietcong.exe) or entire vietcong folder.
SignatureGoGs

doomed
Thanks for the quick reply! Just installed it - seems to work fine Smile

Thanks to its maker Smile
SignatureNobody suspects the butterfly. (B.S.)

luiskalaw
Hi Everyone,

I am new here. I don't know where else to post this so I thought I would post this on the old thread.

I also have this problem about Vietcong Crashing upon receiving a radio transmission in the single player game. Now I have done everything I can to fix it. I have installed numerous patches. I have also tried running it in compatibility mode and have also reinstalled it a couple times.

I'm also at my wits end about this problem.

I tried VC Starter but it says that its for version 1.60 and I have version 1.51. I don't know where I can update my version or if there is another way to fix this crash problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help me?

Silent Bob
Hi luiskalaw,

to update Vietcong to version 1.60 click here

Also download VC starter 1.4.1 which is available here

Once you have updated your game we hope to see you on our servers.

Have fun!
Edited by Silent Bob on 13-03-2013 21:59

www.vietcong.info
luiskalaw
Hi Silent Bob.

Thank you for the download. However... when I install it VCStarter doesn't seem to work. I did successfully update the version to 1.6. Is there some other way?
Edited by luiskalaw on 14-03-2013 02:02

r4vhunter
Can you help me with VC? Win 7 64-bit, turning on game, but when i start to play campaign or try to create own server to coop alone it doesnt start loading, just crashes, and nothing happens, when i try to connect some server - there are some sounds and cant connect. I tried directx, tried to change settings, tried reinstall, dont know what to do, i love this game and i still want to play it...

Thanks to kraggakamma01 from YouTube who sent me here with my problems.

My game is installed from original cd! My mates can play this on their PCs.

Silent Bob
luiskalaw wrote:
Hi Silent Bob.

Thank you for the download. However... when I install it VCStarter doesn't seem to work. I did successfully update the version to 1.6. Is there some other way?

Please let us know what exactly is the problem with vc starter.

www.vietcong.info
Silent Bob
r4vhunter wrote:
Can you help me with VC? Win 7 64-bit, turning on game, but when i start to play campaign or try to create own server to coop alone it doesnt start loading, just crashes, and nothing happens, when i try to connect some server - there are some sounds and cant connect. I tried directx, tried to change settings, tried reinstall, dont know what to do, i love this game and i still want to play it...

I suggest to download the VC starter 1.4.1, also install VC into the directory the setup tells you. Install as administrator. Also try to disable sounds and try if the game loads correctly with these settings.

www.vietcong.info
Intruder
I still have XP and can't really help for other Operating Systems... However, I've read in other games' forums that it is advised to install those "older games" in another place than the Program Files folder, or they may not work as they should!

From this forum, it could also be a DEP (Data Executive Prevention) problem, or even a DX9 trouble (?).

In the hope it can be useful!

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 14-03-2013 12:58
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

r4vhunter
Silent Bob wrote:
r4vhunter wrote:

I suggest to download the VC starter 1.4.1, also install VC into the directory the setup tells you. Install as administrator. Also try to disable sounds and try if the game loads correctly with these settings.

Installed as admin, installed in directory the setup telled me, disabled sounds, still nothing. I was wondering, 1.4.1 starter is good for my VC version? It's 1.6, cd with VC, VCFAWA and VC2 is some gold edition whatever, it has installed all patches and everything, co VC starter 1.4.1 for sure? When i came back from university i will try this. Thank you for fast reply!

luiskalaw
Please let us know what exactly is the problem with vc starter.[/quote]

Hi Bob,

It says that it can't read the .exe file for my game.

Brchi
@r4vhunter
I would like to have a look at your problem via TeamViewer.
(Don't only install as admin, also run the game as admin explicitly or disable Windows UAC)

@luiskalaw
Please tell me the exact error message...
(After applying the 1.6 patch, you have to replace the vietcong.exe with the one from VCStarter package again)

http://www.myCong.net
luiskalaw
Hi Brchi,

I see the problem now. The exe from the Vietcong Starter is always being detected as malware by my antivirus. What do I do?

Brchi
It's a false alarm of course (see virustotal.com).
It's due to a .dll packed into the .exe, therefore the classifications "heuristic", "generic", "suspicious", but nothing concrete. Just way too cautious by your antivirus to block that completely IMHO.
You'd have to unblock the .exe.

http://www.myCong.net
r4vhunter
Brchi wrote:
@r4vhunter
(Don't only install as admin, also run the game as admin explicitly or disable Windows UAC)

Thank you for offering your help but it won't be necessary, problem has been sorted out! Thanks to all of you, i installed newest vc starter and everything is fine! Now i have to download some maps Smile if i had downloaded over 1,5Gb of maps on my last pc, for my version of VC can i copy them? They won't make any problems with game or something? I have some coop maps which i love to play alone or with my brother Wink

KostiCZ
r4vhunter wrote:
Brchi wrote:
@r4vhunter

Thank you for offering your help but it won't be necessary, problem has been sorted out! Thanks to all of you, i installed newest vc starter and everything is fine! Now i have to download some maps Smile if i had downloaded over 1,5Gb of maps on my last pc, for my version of VC can i copy them? They won't make any problems with game or something? I have some coop maps which i love to play alone or with my brother Wink

If you have now higher version of VC, maps are compatible, don't worry. Are you playing COOP or DM/ATG/CTF...? You can try our servers if you want.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
r4vhunter
Thank you everyone for your help. I'm playing Coop, ATG and CTF, but now i have to learn how to play, i haven't played VC for few years :> What are names of your servers? I will try them with pleasure. I like city maps and rather smaller than bigger maps, too much details on map makes me confused.

yehaw
hi, I have problems with VCstarter too. When I try to lounch VCstarter the program says

I have tried a few VCstarters but always same problem. I am running on win7 64bit. I would like to play again the singleplayer and I need VCstarter because there is a bug in third mission (if you count arriving in the base for first one)

Jump to Forum: