Vietcong Crashes
Brchi
You downloaded an oooold version!

This is the latest:

Silent Bob wrote:
Also download VC starter 1.4.1 which is available here

http://www.myCong.net
yehaw
i already downloaded it but it says that this vc starter requiers vietconc 1.6 ?

Brchi
Yes indeed.
Edited by Brchi on 16-03-2013 11:04

yehaw
but isnt vietcong 1.6 fist alpha?? i dont want to play fist alpha, i want first vc to play... how can I get to this?

Silent Bob
Its a patch, not more not less.........still VC

BTW: if you refer to the single player campaign you have to play Fist Alpha first because its set prior to the Vietcong campaign Wink

www.vietcong.info
KostiCZ
LDC-78 wrote:
@yehaw, maybe you have downloaded version 1.01
patch the game to v1.60 and use VCstarter.
all the patchs are available in download-section --> http://www.vietco...p?cat_id=7
i think it's not needed to install all patches but to be sure, go step by step from 1.20 to 1.60.

btw. good idea to play SP, long time ago i did it maybe i should give it a try again. VC

I think you need to go step by step, each patch requires exact previous version. I think you can skip only 1.40 and use 1.41 instead of it.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
yehaw
THANK YOU GUYS!!! you just made my day!!APPLAUSEAPPLAUSEAPPLAUSEAPPLAUSEAPPLAUSEAPPLAUSE

FuriousFred
Hello everyone, I have a problem with the VC Starter 1.4.1.

Everytime I try to run the .exe file, my Ad-Aware Firewall blocks and quarantine it! Unfortunately, VCS is the only way for me to play Vietcong on Win7, since I had the sound crash during the second mission. Is there a way to prevent Ad-Aware to block it?
The VCS is tagged as a Trojan by Ad-Aware

KostiCZ
:-) try to disable ad aware when you play VC

... or inteligent antivirus programs allow to add applications to "safelist", maybe ad-aware can do it also

few years ago I also used ad-aware but I uninstalled it because a lot of problems with fake detections
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Xenonthunder
Hello there everyone, I am also having crashing problem at the point where Hawkins says "I can almost smell the VC Bastards". My operating system is Windows 7, however, I can only play the game on a 32 bit (I have very little knowledge in computers, so please forgive me for being a complete beginner in this). I was wondering if this has anything to do with my problem, or if this also affects a 64 bit.

I am downloading the game via uTorrent, version 1.60 fist alpha with a No-CD crack, could this also be affecting my situation? I was wondering this because when I attempted to download the patches previously, and the 1.4.1 VC Starter, I received the notification "There is no previous installments of Vietcong" (something to that nature, I cannot remember exactly). Is this because I do not have a disc, or do I have to burn the files from the uTorrent download onto a disc for it to then work?

To put it basically, my question is could somebody be kind enough to lay out a basic structure for me to follow, like a step by step. I only discovered this game the other day and i am already fixated by what little of it I have managed to play

Regards, Xenonthunder
Edited by Xenonthunder on 04-07-2013 13:14
SignatureLet's Get This Done.

Silent Bob
I do not have experience with dl Versions of VC but the handling of the VC Starter 1.4.1 was described in this article

www.vietcong.info
Xenonthunder
I'll give it a try, Thank you Silentbob, I'll get back to this thread if I encounter any errors.

Xenonthunder

Xenonthunder
@Silent Bob Hello again, I followed the steps in the link that you sent me, and it has seemed to have worked so far, however, now I cannot access Custom Game to play fist alpha add on, which is included in the uTorrent Download, any ideas?

Regards, Xenonthunder

Brchi
First, there is v1.5.1 available, check the Downloads (Tools).
And why can't you access Custom Game? You can also just create a shortcut to vietcong.exe and add -addon fistalpha parameter to it.

Jump to Forum: