· The ACE 1 week
· Highl@nder 2 weeks
· Jardacz 2 weeks
· desintegrator 2 weeks
· gus 2 weeks
· forrest747 2 weeks
· Jerry 3 weeks
· doomed 4 weeks

View Thread: bad performance. how to make the game smooth?
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
bad performance. how to make the game smooth?
turricanus
hello. the game runs with low fps.
i have 23 - 50 fps in halong v1.9 server and other custom maps, not playable Sad
i need minimum 50 fps. how can i increase the performance? whats wrong?

thats my system:

phenom 8450
8gb ram
geforce 285
windows xp & vista

what i have tried:

- different windows versions & drivers
- re-installed the game + vcstarter
- tried without sound
- lowest game settings & resolution

help pls Sad

Brchi
I think your CPU is a big bottleneck. You could try to overclock.
Also be sure that as little background processes as possible are running (Have a look with process explorer: http://technet.mi...96653.aspx ).
And check your graphics driver settings, especially to disable demanding processings like antialiasing.
But still I think you need a far more powerful CPU to cope with your GPU.

http://www.myCong.net
turricanus
the cpu is already overclocked to 2.7 GHz.
i dont think the cpu is the problem because new games run smooth. the only problem is this game.
i disabled many services i dont need. i have only 13 processes with vietcong opened. anti aliasing, anisotropic filtering, everthing is off + i set it to performance mode.
i'll test it later @ my brothers pc.

thanks for the tip
Edited by turricanus on 24-11-2012 20:10

Brchi
At which resolution are you running it? Try to lower it. Also try to disable triplebuf. (game) and vsync (driver).
Disabling services is generally not needed, I was more thinking about some intensive background processes, also downloads, or whatever.

I tried Halong v1.9 at 1440x900 and FPS were at ~50 on us side looking to vc side, but my system is quite good (Phenom 975 @ 4.2 GHZ, AMD HD6970 also overclocked to max.).
Seems like the engine isn't very optimized... (But it was very playable at 50).

Silent Bob
Forget about the video card...on Mrs. Bobs working-PC the map runs at ~65 fps on the onboard video chip (Q45). Resolution 1280x1024, 16bit textures and triple buffer.

VC only uses 1 core and the video card does not matter in any case.

www.vietcong.info
Nosek
(Im not starting new thread, because the problem is kinda similar)
I also have problem with performance, but that one is related with GPU (as it seems).
I have laptop with CPU Core i3 2328M Sandy Bridge (2.2 GHz, dual core - VC only uses 1) and 2 switchable graphics (Optimus) - Intel HD 3000 and nVidia GT630M. I tested the game at resolution 1024x768, VSync and triplebuf. off, no difference in fullscreen/window mode, no difference with/without VCStarter v1.4.

On Intel HD 3000, the game acts very similar to my PC (Athlon II 260 - 3.2GHz Dual-Core, nVidia GF 9600GT, win XP) - FPS is very high when looking into the sky (Halong-V1.9 - about 300) and also good while playing. But some textures are glitched (walls for example) and in front view to the port, framerate is only about 21 FPS. So, scenes with many polygons have not good performance (on PC everything runs smoothly).

BUT I have strange problem with the second GPU - nVidia GT630M (no textures glitched when using). When I launch the game and then play a map with many polygons or hard to render (Halong-V1.9, MangYang_beta, FlyJump2_(Figi),...) framerate instantly drops to 2-8 FPS and wont reach 15 FPS even when looking into the sky. But THEN, when I quit and join again (or simply reload problematic map), framerate becomes fine and quite high (front view to halong-v1.9 - about 28 FPS, looking into the sky - only about 90 FPS, vSync is off). Then I can play fine until I reload the game and it all repeats...

I dont know, if this problem is somehow related to nVidia Optimus (I switch it manually in nVidia control panel) or just to bad drivers (or its settings). I tried a lot with no result. I would play on HD 3000, but that glitched textures are quite annoying. And VC is the only game, where i noticed this problem (tried mafia&mafia2, portal&2, VC2 - in these games has GT630M much better performance than HD 3000).
Edited by Nosek on 25-11-2012 14:03

www.clan-delta.websnadno.cz
Brchi
Hmm, but then I think its an nvidia problem. Try the latest drivers.
Bad textures: Always set "Textures in system memory" in engine options. Other option seems bugged.

Nosek
Updating Intel HD Graphics driver actually solved most of texture bugs, but nVidia drivers are the latest, so its probably problem in Optimus (VC doesnt detect nVidia GPU even if its forced in drivers).

www.clan-delta.websnadno.cz
KostiCZ
Sometimes older drivers are better. VC is very old game and it was optimised for old version of drivers... I have problem with background fog on my nVidia and I remember I haven't this problem when I started to play VC 10 years ago :-) Lots of ppl are telling me that I'm cheater if I can see gooks on horizont in fog but this is not cheat but bug or driver problem :-(
Edited by KostiCZ on 27-11-2012 00:17
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
evgen
Hello everyone! I also have a problem with the FPS. On maps, if you look into the distance drops to 20 fps! I play on a laptop, AMD Dual-Core A4-3300M with integrated graphics Radeon 6480g (1.9 - 2.3 GHz) and a discrete Radeon 6650m. All filtering disabled. Or protsesorr weak? How to solve this problem?
SignatureПока у Русского солдата есть спички, пули, самогон - сосите х.. солдаты НАТО, дрожи от страха Пентагон!!!
VC

KostiCZ
Change resolution or install Windows XP Smile Vietcong is old game, it doesn't need modern graphic cards or processor.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Kangeruh
Hy,

You must first get out, it is worran, video card driver, Trojans, ventilation ???
Graffikartentreiber to uninstall in safe mode and with * NFR * clean !!!!
After that you can install an older driver in normal mode, better or not better ??
On my 8800GT it lags when driver 340, the 195 Easy to install and all is well.
Observe also temperature of Video Card and CPU.Labtop are very sensitive ....
One can sometimes take the tool to test * * RivaTuner or * Razer Game Booster *

Cu
Kan*geruh
SignatureHuepf Huepf s14.directupload.net/images/140318/temp/cr9g6zvb.jpg
fs5.directupload.net/images/171125/temp/drg6qo6x.jpg

Sorry,for my Bad Inglisch VC

Say Nix is ​​sometimes more, but it brudelt in a then high, so also nothing.

evgen
Driver version for 2011. Temperature is also okay. no viruses on the idea)))) changes the resolution does nothing.
Which version vkstarter better to use?
Edited by evgen on 01-11-2014 17:53
SignatureПока у Русского солдата есть спички, пули, самогон - сосите х.. солдаты НАТО, дрожи от страха Пентагон!!!
VC

Intruder
Hi evgen,

I'm not an expert but I'm afraid your laptop is not powerful enough to have higher fps, whatever the settings you will try (I hope to be wrong!).
Without to forget most maps aren't optimized at all... Frown
Good luck anyway! Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 02-11-2014 12:34
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

Kangeruh
Hy,

I think by many software tools are not verery much, but a test we do have this toll also on my computer.
Install times (Razer Game Booster >> http://www.razerz...s#software )

Test it !!!!

Cu
Kan*geruh
Edited by Kangeruh on 02-11-2014 14:17
SignatureHuepf Huepf s14.directupload.net/images/140318/temp/cr9g6zvb.jpg
fs5.directupload.net/images/171125/temp/drg6qo6x.jpg

Sorry,for my Bad Inglisch VC

Say Nix is ​​sometimes more, but it brudelt in a then high, so also nothing.

PuMa
yo PC experts, i have a question about vietcong running in compatibility mode. I have to run it in compatibility mode because when im using an anticheat tool "MOSS" witch takes pictures ingame while playing. So when im not running in compatibility mode all screens are black or only screens of my desktop while im ingame. But when i run in compatibility mode screens are normal. But here comes the big BUT, when running in compatibility mode i cant change the gamma in options so the game get a bit lighter, so it is kind of dark and hard to see others ingame. Is there any solution to fix this?

puma

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/player/2220025/
evgen
created Razer Game Booster,no significant changes have occurred. What I have noticed is the fact that the FPS drops on those maps where there is fog and long distance.
Edited by evgen on 03-11-2014 21:32
VC

Silent Bob
Could you check NVA Base Coords 0/0 in CTF Mode and post your fps there when you use the Turbo Feature of the processor (2,5Ghz @ 1 core)

Check this posts as a reference CLICK

www.vietcong.info
evgen
I think you're right. FPS is totally dependent on the CPU frequency. The first picture is taken at a frequency of 1000MHz processor, and the second at a frequency of 1900 MHz. The result is obvious. Regarding your advice to use turbo (2.5 MHz), I can`t turn turbo manually Amd vision engine control center for 2011. A new version of the program where it is already available on a laptop incorrectly installed.Therefore, the laptop starts working badly. I have a turbo is activated automatically when the CPU decides that this should be. But for the VietCong, he does not think so)))))
evgen attached the following images:

[295.1 kB]

[391.86 kB]

[335.24 kB]

[229.89 kB]

Edited by evgen on 04-11-2014 20:21
VC

evgen
But why when I turn around FPS jumps very much ????
evgen attached the following image:

[355.99 kB]

Edited by evgen on 04-11-2014 20:26
VC

Jump to Forum: