View Thread: Still alive?
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Still alive?
KLRI
Hi!

I was just wondering if this game is still alive? I played Vietcong alot some years ago and absolutely loved it. I have seen that there is some 1.7 patch in developement? Is it still being made or is it cancelled? I tried to play Vietcong few months ago but seems like I can't play it with DirectX 11 installed to my computer, I was wondering if there is a fix for this or is this 1.7 patch going to fix it. This problem has kept me from playing this game once more :(

I also made a map based on halongport for CSGO, I thought you guys might want to check it out :) http://gamebanana.com/csgo/maps/170357

Silent Bob
Nice looking map, keep it up!

BTW: fix for the directx problem is vc starter 1.4.1 which can be found in our download section Wink

www.vietcong.info
KLRI
Thanks for the replies. Got the game running fine with VCStarter Smile Can't believe that this game still feels like so much fun after all these years and even the graphics doesn't seem half that bad what I thought as I have been playing modern games recently !

I've got only 1 problem left though. Is there any way to lower mouse sensitivity even lower than what it is possible in game menu, and is there a console command for mouse sensitivity, so I can change it ingame?

KostiCZ
try to set mouse sensitivity in windows control panel or install some driver which support changing sensitivity by some keyboard combination. I have gaming mouse with buttons for it Smile
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Intruder
KLRI wrote:

...Got the game running fine with VCStarter Smile

Good! Brchi's tool is certainly one of the most important program that keeps Vietcong alive! APPLAUSE

...and even the graphics doesn't seem half that bad what I thought as I have been playing modern games recently !

When I read "this", I usually advise to install my maps (VC_ and FA_ maps) to show that Vietcong can STILL be nice looking, compare to much more modern games... Wink
In fact, we don't really need all those "new visual technologies" in a Vietnam war game, where the bushes, the mud and the rain will mainly set our battle scenes.

You will find all my maps in this downloads section, or on the Vietcong-coop.net site (select my name Intruder in the "dropdown" menu). You can even go at Vietcong Customs.

...and have fun! VC

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

Jump to Forum: