· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: [MCF]Reflet-Final
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 2 ratings)  
 Print Thread
[MCF]Reflet-Final
KostiCZ
navratilv@seznam.cz, or you can send link to PM YES!
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Tocra
i'll give you a link in your email.
Thx
Smile

Chavez_US
Its been a while since ive been in any VC forum. But its good to see people still turning out maps for Vietcong I and II. Tocra, excellent work on the terrain. Exper, good to see you as well. Hello to everyone i missed, as i cannot list all of them...

Ive been away for some time, but i still havent given up on this game. I'll have a new terrain for all within the next week...

Tocra, I will PM you my email address, could you please send me a link (or the map itself) to my email?

Also, Exper, i do try to give credit where it is deserved, im sure you know how long it takes to make, texture, and import an object into VC from 3dsmax. Also the time involved with populating a bare terrain, waypoint connecting, sounds, scripts, etc...I have had a few occasions where i intercepted/collected someones work, but did not know who made it. Then had to wait and see who commented on the object(s) i used. Then i would give proper credits on the download site to those i found to have made specific objects i used. This method, gets me in a little snarf at first, but then all is good once the creator is exposed...

As far as anything i created, it wouldn't bother me much that someone used the things i created. I feel it is for the better good of the VC community of map/level editors. The more objects and scripts, the better we are in the long run. Additionally, i would be happy to see anything i made in anyones maps/missions...

This week i have the opportunity to "hang out" with Michal Janacek. He is here for the GDC in San Francisco (1 hour away)...I'll let him know Vietcong is still going well...only if we meet up. He has alot planned while he is here, i may not get the opportunity...

Rick (Chavez_US)

Tocra
Hello!

I have re-upload the map

http://www.vietco...p;p_id=798

ThxSmile
Edited by KostiCZ on 02-04-2013 08:15

KostiCZ
Map hosted at servers, CTF and COOP ready for testing

Teamrespawn.cz
Tocra
Hello!

Thank you very much KostiCZ for edit the link.
I have tested the map it's ok for me in COOP mod.
All objectives is ok.
But i have not tested the CTF because i am alone!
LOL

See you on your server.

ByeSmile

KostiCZ
Maybe one thing - I saw weapons on top of rocks, but I was not able to pickup them... I tried it only in CTF mode, alone... It can be a problem? I can check in editor but maybe someone already noticed?

Teamrespawn.cz
Tocra
No, it is just for the decoration(set).
Because it is possible already to take marksman.
But personally, I prefer not to put it, it is better for the difficulty of the map, harder to make.
It is a tasteful question I think
Thx! Smile
  x 1  x 1

Intruder
Hi Tocra,

-Unfortunately for me, the map is unplayable because of very low fps...
In the Coop mode, the drops is under the 10 fps and I barely reach the 15 fps in the CTF mode. I know my pc starts to be old now but even those with a better pc than mine started to have fps troubles also...

-The water has no "fog under" and it seems impossible to go out once we fall in it. Is it made intentionally?

Tocra wrote:

KostiCZ wrote:

I saw weapons on top of rocks, but I was not able to pickup them... I tried it only in CTF mode, alone... It can be a problem?

No, it is just for the decoration(set).

-In that case, I wouldn't put guns if we can't take them. It will be a "natural thought" for a player to think it's a bug!

Good continuation! Wink

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

Tocra
Hello intruder

Hello,
I'l managed lods under 3ds on the ground and the objects create.
And for me I have no problems with the FPS!
Sorry.
But i have tested with three players, can be that it is not sufficient(self-important) for test them FPS.
Well, let us hope that it will not be the same thing for the others.
Bye

Sorry for my bad english, i use the reverso traductor and it's not good translate.
Bye and thank you as youSmile

Exper
Intruder wrote:
-Unfortunately for me, the map is unplayable because of very low fps...
In the Coop mode, the drops is under the 10 fps and I barely reach the 15 fps in the CTF mode. I know my pc starts to be old now but even those with a better pc than mine started to have fps troubles also...

-The water has no "fog under" and it seems impossible to go out once we fall in it. Is it made intentionally?

1 I have great FPS on it and i have some cheap 3 years old pc so yes, your pc might be very old.

2 There is a way to go out of the water, some little mark is the place where you can go out, yes, could maybe be more obvious.

http://blackle.com
The ACE
Looks like nade academy, nades spoiling the fun. NO!

Anyway great job APPLAUSE
Edited by The ACE on 04-04-2013 19:47

http://theace.favos.nl/
KostiCZ
we can limit number of nades per life at servers, so if 4 nades per soldier are too much, we can set 1 or no nades

Teamrespawn.cz
The ACE
KostiCZ wrote:
we can limit number of nades per life at servers, so if 4 nades per soldier are too much, we can set 1 or no nades
Kosti, the gooks nade a lot! They are the nade spammers....

Exper
The ACE wrote:
KostiCZ wrote:
Kosti, the gooks nade a lot! They are the nade spammers....

If i'm exact, Tocra already setted 1 nade per VC in the rev1 version.
Gentlemen, this is nam, you camp, vc nade the ish out of you.
Realism doesn't spoil the fun but trains you to be a professional.
The Ace, i played hundreds of games with you and your Dutchstyle oldschool teamplay (same as MadDog's, Shogun's or Pegasus's) is legendary.
But, with all my respect (and u know i got some for you), it's too slow mate, you guys talk for hours while VCs are so close and that works on maps with basic scripts but not with Jani's aggressive VCs. They'll hunt you and simply kick your butts if you take them lightly. Don't let them breathe and keep on an realistic pace unless you campers don't stand a chance.
Dude, i got to fly to Norway and got lots of other ish to solve but i promess, i'll be back to show you how to play this kind of jewels.
I am also sure you can ask Kraky, X or Master Cuta to show you.
Lots of lovin' VC

KostiCZ
Exper, there have to be decided before each mission a lot of things, teamleader, strategy etc. If you wand just start to fight, we need before each mission some briefing outside map. So it is reason why we are "too much talking".

Teamrespawn.cz
The ACE
So Exper with rambo behavior you can avoid nades?
Calling us out for dudes and campers? Nice going Exper.....

Exper
The ACE wrote:
So Exper with rambo behavior you can avoid nades?
Calling us out for dudes and campers? Nice going Exper.....

Dude isn't something bad in American language,
and i can assure you that as i grew up there.
You're my friend, remember that pal.
What i meant is that once you've setted your plans, tl, etc, don't just get there, and stay behind houses or a rock thinking you're safe.
VCs are configured 1 by 1 and they're not configured to let you guys camp, once you passed that door, it's showtime.
But maybe you prefer to play NVA Base for the 1000th time ?
Show some love and train more and more your level, because it's "hard work baby, only hard work".
See you soon mate.

Exper
MadDog wrote:
Sorry Exper, but your kind of way of playing is for Battlefield or COD Black OPS. Only running and killing. No Tactics.
If you are in a real war situation then you go low and slow. Dont play Rambo

I disagree mate, i don't run, i walk low and slow and clean maps, with team or by myself. I just don't camp in the middle of a firefight like a noob.
There is a tactic actually, only one, cleaning maps with maestria. And that's why i got hundred of perfects and some on maps nobody ever won.
I am not a Rambo, i'm an expert, a killing machine, and you know it.
Basketball is teamplay, Soccer too, but you still need some Michael Jordan or some Leo Messi to make the difference.
vc-coop is same, you need guys like me you can point the finger at but who makes the difference beetween success and failure. Top 5 everyday, all day baby !

EDIT : i remind you buddys that this is a topic about a map: REFLET, not about gameplay, i'm sure you'll find the correct thread to speak about this
Edited by Exper on 05-04-2013 17:55

The ACE
Its only you who is talking off topic, Exper!

Hehe kiling machine, maestria and you make the difference. NO!

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.38 seconds - 105 Queries 4,920,653 unique visits