View Thread: Vietcong 3
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Vietcong 3
DSOP-Apache
HI,
We have a community with skillfull programmers ,modders and mapmakers for sure .
I was looking arround the other day and saw the page of cryengine http://mycryengin... free for use for non commercial Smile

here is a litle trailer .
http://www.youtub...rvzClrJmDI

Iam sure down for it and can setup a bugtrack etc .

Imagine this Vietcong3 made by VC community Smile

Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 28-03-2013 18:00
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

Silent Bob
Yeah, would be great but i doubt we have enough people to work as a team for a non commercial project with the output of a playable game. There has been alot of effort to provide a working patch 1.70 for Vietcong 1 and still there is alot to do but it looks promising.

Main goal should be to bring players back to the game as it is unbeaten in gameplay and immersion.

When you prefer better graphics all you can do is play another game or use the modern tools to "pimp" the existing grafics like downsampling (nvidia videocards) or some shader mods.

www.vietcong.info
DSOP-Apache
Well i like VC as it is ,i have other games installed dont play them much ,

As what for the patch , its nice folks are busy trying to improve the game Smile but i am not fussed about the weapons how i look and others ,and how many time you have to shoot your enemy,those things are ok as they are for me , i rather saw other things improved at number 1 the game engine and then some minor thing like , stealth,collisioneffects ,better character setup incl female charactes,
Its good we have so many maps and still maps are made ,so i dont think i would get bored with VC that fast Smile
I was just playing with the idea of making a nice jungle game with a new engine Wink
Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 28-03-2013 19:03

Hoods
Heh, but it would be wrong to do some LDC VC or any mod.
SignatureGames such as Flashpoint, Mafia and Vietcong never die.

DSOP-Apache
I guess it not wrong .
And you can not trow Vietcong at the same pile as OFP or arma .Arma and ofp are simulators and VC is a game dude Wink i hope you understand the difference .
That tons of people are using it as game ok but its beyond gaming and more simulation.

And OFP and arma have a community of many thousands you cant say the same with VC .

DSOP-Apache
Silent Bob wrote:
Yeah, would be great but i doubt we have enough people to work as a team for a non commercial project with the output of a playable game. There has been alot of effort to provide a working patch 1.70 for Vietcong 1 and still there is alot to do but it looks promising.

Main goal should be to bring players back to the game as it is unbeaten in gameplay and immersion.

When you prefer better graphics all you can do is play another game or use the modern tools to "pimp" the existing grafics like downsampling (nvidia videocards) or some shader mods.

Just wanna add ,
Yep i love grfx and gaming overall. But then again VC is more than a game its also the community.the people you share time with online and i like most of you guys so it for me vc is not a game alone but also friendship and you dont trow that away as if thats nothing Wink

I still play other games because clanmembers/friends moved that way but iam every day out and about in the jungle /VC .
I just posted my previous post because the gameplay in that engine is Amazing because i play/played a lot of games made in that engine and one of them is Sniper .

Greets

andy_kosela
DSOP-Apache wrote:
I guess it not wrong .
And you can not trow Vietcong at the same pile as OFP or arma .Arma and ofp are simulators and VC is a game dude

I beg to differ on this. At the time of Vietcong release (2003) it was a more _advanced_ squad CQB simulation than Operation Flashpoint (2001). The immersion of jungle warfare, 3d sights (which really pioneered that concept in the commercial products), authentic sounds, the smoothness of movement, excellent tactical AI and many other little things made Vietcong something special for any "serious FPS games" enthusiast.

OFP was from the beginning trying to be a combined arms simulator, modelling everything from aircrafts down to individual soldiers and in that it was more a complete battlefield simulation (it pioneered that concept too) than pure infantry sim. It was trying to be too many things in one though and the actual simulation of everything was very basic.

I still think that AI was one of the biggest strong points of Vietcong. Even in todays nearly photorealistic game engines the producers are still struggling with it and are going the easy way with just scripting the virtual opponents. Arma/VBS2 AI is still inferior to Vietcong's one (I haven't tested the latest build of VBS2 2.0 though).

www.andykosela.com
DSOP-Apache
HI,
I played ofp right when it came out i made tons of mission/scripts for Ofp for many years .perhaps you know the LOL clan i was senior member and server admin for many years awell,Later in Arma i made many maps/missions/scripts with my clanmembers for Arma so if i say that you cant trow them on one pile then i know what i am talking about i guess.
See the avatar i use here ? that was my face in arma and ofp Wink .

And i can add this ,,,, there was no game more advanced than OFP when it came out if if comes to the editor and scripting and pe the AI,The maps were hugh,only for close combat it was not that great at the beginning but that was fixed later by the community ,the sounds en special effects also there are great mods for everything you might need for your mission.I kind of miss making missions for arma that was just fun to do, all those possiblities Smile Its very easy look at the thousands of maps and mods that are made for ofp and arma you would not be able to count them and iam not even up to date with those numbers .The intro's ,briefings only you were not able to find that elsewere .
Smile
Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 12-04-2013 19:45

Hoods
If we talk about OFP and VC, I think it is better OFP, as the price for the best game in the world, I think that even modern games cant humiliate him. Vietcong I think is good, but in terms of environment I like best OFP.

Yes, I have a lot of missions in OFP scripts, finishing up a new military units, if you want, you can download them Smile

Yet I think we should revive the VC, most as possible, OFP is also enlivened by mods .... (FFUR. ..). Make an interesting mod could do something augment VC ....
SignatureGames such as Flashpoint, Mafia and Vietcong never die.

DSOP-Apache
Yep VC is a total different game and for me the best jungle game ever , i know we tryed to make junglemaps for ofp but it was never even close to VC , thats why i said you cant compare those games with each other .on the other hand making a mission for ofp is so much more fun because of the options you have in editor and besides that .

Greets

andy_kosela
DSOP-Apache, it's a matter of what you are looking for I guess. I was always more of a Rainbow Six crowd preferring intense CQB than large battlefield. Yes, I agree that OFP/Arma/VBS have a great editor and they are overall great, but like I said it's the little details that counts for me.

Infiltration (mod for UT99) would be a really perfect CQB simulation if the AI would be on the same level like in Vietcong.
Edited by andy_kosela on 12-04-2013 21:40

www.andykosela.com
andy_kosela
Hoods wrote:
Make an interesting mod could do something augment VC ....

That's exactly what I'm working on - military simulation mod for Vietcong 1. There are quite a few things I don't like in default game, so that's why I'm changing them, like proper realistic wound system and weapon parameters. AI in Vietcong is also very scriptable so it's easily changeable.

DSOP --> Have you checked DCS: World? I think you might like it. It's very similar to Arma (also combined arms).
Edited by andy_kosela on 12-04-2013 21:48

www.andykosela.com
DSOP-Apache
Hi,
I did not checked DCS because there are not enough hours in a day only 24 Wink
Iam beta testing warface at this moment and i dont have the time at this moment but i will keep that in mind and have a look later thanks for the tip Smile.But if i had more spare time i would be more active in Arma/OFP to but most of my free time is VC related if it comes to gaming at this moment Smile. I also have 3 vc maps i have to finish .
Great that you are working on a new mod .cant wait to see it .

Greets

Jump to Forum: