View Thread: aligned iron sights
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
aligned iron sights
andy_kosela
Hi all,

Has anybody thought about implementing aligned iron sights we know from Vietcong2? This is one thing that VC2 had right. I looked around in weap.txt and weapons scripts from SDK, but it seems you can't do it from the script or I missed something. Any clues how to implement this? Or maybe it's possible to import VC2 weapons into VC?

www.andykosela.com
KostiCZ
Hi. It is not a problem, originaly it was like that but ppl don't want it so it was changed. I'm not sure if we should change it, soldiers are used to have ironsights as we have now so any change can ruin playability... This is exactly what is different from VC2 and maybe also one of reasons why VC1 is still alive when VC2 is dead already.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
andy_kosela
KostiCZ, can you point me in the right direction what to change? I'm prototyping on my own mod to Vietcong and would like to experiment with aligned iron sights concept.

www.andykosela.com
KostiCZ
I think there should be modified Z coordination for FPV model of weapon, but I didn't work on it, maybe LDC-78 can say more how to do it. David? Can you explain little bit more?

Teamrespawn.cz
andy_kosela
LDC-78 wrote:
right you can change weapons position in 3ds max but then your hand-positions will not be placed correct, also the animations (*.stg) will not fit with your weapons model.
*.stg files can be created or changed with Haluz Studio but this tool has never been released for public.

So in other words this is nearly impossible to implement... What about importing VC2 weapons into VC1 then?

www.andykosela.com
KostiCZ
Why? As I know players, all of them want only AK47, is they are US, they have M16. There is enough weapons and nobody is using them.
Edited by KostiCZ on 03-04-2013 08:25

Teamrespawn.cz
andy_kosela
KostiCZ wrote:
Why? As I know players, all of them want only AK47, is they are US, they have M16. There is enough weapons and nobody is using them.

I meant importing VC2 M16 so it would have aligned iron sights. Is it possible?

www.andykosela.com
KostiCZ
Not so easy as you think. All VC2 objects (.bes) are different than VC1, you cannot extract them from original CBF and use them in VC1 without conversion in 3DSMAX

Teamrespawn.cz
andy_kosela
LDC-78 wrote:
as i said before, if you want to change the weapons view, you have to change the FPV weapons animation (*.stg files).

I could not find any solid information about Haluz Studio. Was it a commercial product or just an internal editor never released to public? Anyone tried to reverse engineer .stg files?

It seems like this task is doomed though. I was able to easily change the zoom factor of iron sights, but that's pretty it.

www.andykosela.com
apfelbaum
Haluz Studio is a private tool developed by a pterodon ex-dev. this tool is not public and will never be public.
there are alot of bugs in the tool and models, compatibility problems a.s.o.
the only informations you can find about it are here:

-> http://www.angelf...ions/hsen/

it's a tutorial about a few functions but doesn't cover everything.

regards
Edited by on 03-04-2013 21:12

andy_kosela
LDC-78 wrote:
http://www.angelf...Solutions/

ehm jep you're right ofcouse you can easiely change the zoom, it's also possible to change some other weapon options.
and jep your right it is a "view thing" but we talked about "alinged iron sights", so what . . . ?
sorry for my bad english.

so what is needed to have the "alinged iron sights"? you have to lift up the right hand, to have the correct look throug the rear peep sight.
which can be changed only via *.stg files.

OK, so true aligned iron sights are basically out of question at this moment for Vietcong.

But as far as changing zoom factor, is it possible to change zoom independently for scene and weapon, like it is in VC2? By that I mean e.g. make zoom 1x (no zoom) for a scene and zoom 2x just for the weapon model so it will be more "close to the eye". Unfortunately in weap.txt I see only one parameter for zoom (VC2 has two parameters), but my understanding of weap.txt is limited at the moment, so maybe there is some other solution to my problem?
Edited by andy_kosela on 03-04-2013 22:45

www.andykosela.com
Jump to Forum: