View Thread: Game freeze
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Game freeze
PuMa
Hi Vietcong experts, i need some help hereSmile
So the game is starting up all fine, i join a server and i have no lags or anything for several minutes (the duration of time im able to play is differente from time to time, could be from 10-40min)
Then suddenly it just freezes for several secounds, somtimes even for minutes or more. Then the screen turns black for 1 secound and im back in game (with redboxxxing in the right corner for some sec), but when i first got freeze once it comes back from time to time while im playing. Sometimes the whole game crashes also...
My first tought was, now my graphic card is going down the trash. BUT i started up some other games like L.A Noir (with the best graphic i can choose) and it runs all fine, also GTA 4 and Fallout 3 is running all fine with the best graphic i can choose.
This first occurred me while i had vcstarter installed, so i tryed to reinstall vc and without installing vcstarter and running the game in XP mode (got win7 ulti, so i can choose that thingy). But that did not work..... so i dont think it has anything to do with vcstarter.
I got my graphic card up to date with the latest drivers. Here is some pc info.

Motherboard: ASUSTeK P6T SE
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz
RAM: OCZ DDR 3 PC3-12800 1600MHz Value Gold Tri C 6gb
Graphic card: GeForce GTX 295 *2 GPU
Disc: SSD from intel, where i got win 7 installed and VC + other stuff
SoundCard: Creative Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Champion
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster T240
CPU-Cooler:Corsair Hydro H80
Powersupply: Corsair HX 850W

My pc is getting old but it should handle VC!

If anyone have experienced anything like this and/or got any solution to solve this problem, i would be so happy!

Pumish

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/player/2220025/
Silent Bob
Which version of the VC Starter did you use?

I never tried other versions than V1.4.1...so i cant say if there are problems with those versions.

Do those problems also occur in single player mode (quickfight,etc?), it could also be your internet connection.

The last thing io can think about is the video card setting (GTX 295 is 2 cards with built in SLI right?).....i guess you have an up to date video card driver....

www.vietcong.info
PuMa
I dont think it has anything to do with vcstarter since it happends both with and without it.

I have not tested it in single player mode, but so far i have not got any freeze when im playing COOP mode, only when i play wars or public in CTF mode. I dont think it has something to do with the internet because i can still speak on teamspeak and lissen to the other guys there while i got this freeze (the duration of the freeze is differente from time to time.)

You are right about the video card, i have not changed anything in the settings or anything, only updated the drivers so they are up to date. I think it is wierd that this just happens without any reason. I have not changing any parts from my computer or changing any settings from before it was running fine and untill now.

KostiCZ
Is this problem related to exact map? For example only NVAbaseCTF? Or all CTF maps?

Another idea - try to reduce screen resolution, in case the problem is caused by videocard. Maybe in 800x600 it will be OK.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Silent Bob
Do you have a constant ping on the server you play or does it jump up for some reason after playing a while?

www.vietcong.info
PuMa
It often happends in NVAbaseCTF since that is the map i often play, but i belive i also have noticed the freeze in other maps like waterfall but im not quite sure now when u ask me if it is only in one map. I will try some other maps and cheack if i also get the freeze there, to be 100% sure.

If i reduce the screen resolution im afraid my "skills" wont be the same, but i will give it a try just to cheack if it stops the freezing.

Yes i got constant same ping on the server and i dont use wireless.

KostiCZ
SB: it is not related to problems with connection, it looks more like HW problems, if you told that it starts after some time (GC overheated?) but otherway if L.A. Noir is working fine... it is strange. OK, try lower resolution, textures in system memory (always), update GC drivers... Maybe reinstall VC from different source.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Jump to Forum: