· Don Turtuma 4 weeks

View Thread: --- Crashing servers ---
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
--- Crashing servers ---
KostiCZ
From about 22.5. we have problems with crashing servers. As we observed servers are freezing with strange behavior - mapname is empty and all players are disconnected. After that server dissappear from serverlist. If several server instances are running on PC, all of them are affected at the same time.

I tried to almost everything...
- disable map download and voicechat
- run only one server at the PC
- reinstall OS
- install another OS (Win7, Win Server, Win XP)
- host server at different PC

Nothing helped, servers are still crashing.

What I know not only Vietcong.Info servers are affected, a lot of others are crashing also.

If you have any info or idea, please share it with us.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
KostiCZ
Maybe one important thing should be noticed...

http://pc.gamespy...460p1.html

Teamrespawn.cz
Silent Bob
KostiCZ wrote:
Maybe one important thing should be noticed...

http://pc.gamespy...460p1.html

Some reading on the internet:

Servers are affected in many games. But as far as I know Powered by Gamespy which is owned by GLU Mobile is a different company than Gamespy. Both shut down for pretty much same reasons.

[...] Games with lifetime support signed on contact will not have their servers shut down. They stopped offering lifetime contacts in 2004 I think.

Hopefully we are lucky.....

www.vietcong.info
DSOP-Apache
Hi,

Lots of servers are down but some are alway's up or most of the times .
Perhaps we should look what servers are stable and perhaps we can find out what the problems are .

And if it comes to luck , i would not depend on that factor but start thinking what we should do in the worse case scenario.

But for now perhaps we can look arround and see if there are any servers stable at this moment en report it here.

I can see for sure CoopFactory 1 and 3 are not stable .

I thought that the server of flying duck was very stable i can contact him later if that is the case , does any one else play there a lot because i play there with 2 or 3 people mostly .

About gamespy ,
Bad news because this means the problems might be comming from that direction , bad managed servers and way to many users active just to save money , and perhaps they pull the plug out in the near future.

Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 04-06-2013 16:26
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Wow Kosti you did a lot of work there for many day's to bad we can do not much to help you because i understand how much work you did already trying to solve this problem.

I dont think its a local problem myself ,hopefully things are getting better soon.

Thanks

Greets

Intruder
Hello DSOP-Apache,

DSOP-Apache wrote:
I thought that the server of flying duck was very stable i can contact him later if that is the case , does any one else play there a lot because i play there with 2 or 3 people mostly .

Do you mean the "Ducks coop range" server from Sitting Duck (note: Hradba off)?
I'm not sure this is in relation with the actual servers troubles but I play almost exclusively on Duck's server and here is what I noticed with the time...

- Maps are the main factor of server crashes... With some, I'm almost sure the server may crash during the game, and with others, it's at the map change that the server will probably crash (all those crashes are certainly due to bad and buggy scripts that have spread)...
- Usually, with the "usual players" (I'm used to play with), we can play for looong hours on "safe maps" without any troubles at all... But sometimes, when we have "unknown players" with us, those "safe maps" can start to crash the server also (at the nextmap only then)! Because I noticed this fact many times, I've started to think that some players may crash the servers also, without to notice it (different datas?)...

In the hope those informations may help you guys to direct your researches... Wink

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png
  x 1  x 1

Silent Bob
To be on the safe side i recommend to post server IP´s in this thread.

When the gamespy masterserver goes offline all info is lost! Shock

Maybe someone can past IP´s from known servers in the thread.

Our Gameservers Page shows the IP adresses of our servers so we can still provide direct connection.
Edited by Silent Bob on 04-06-2013 17:20

www.vietcong.info
DSOP-Apache
Hello
Played like 5 maps and no crash only when i changed map i lost connection but the server was still up.

I played each map for over 15 min or so some longer .

At some point Bill joined and server was stable .
Greets

DSOP-Apache
Hello,
@ Intruder hi,
When i play on duck's server it never crashed or something but you play(ed) there more than i did Wink

Greets

Troll
On 28th May all servers crashed across the board, 1.01 and 1.6. I run two nGG servers on 1.01 and since that big crash all has been stable for me and the others on 1.01. We ( in 1.01 ) are being regularly attacked by a clan based in Mexico called =HISPANOAMERICALIBRE=, who are continually being IP banned. Looks to me like the problem is based solely in 1.6.
Edited by Troll on 05-06-2013 10:14

http://ngg-team.com/
DSOP-Apache
I guess a look in the direction of DDoS attacks cant hurt in this case and how to protect your server if something like that is the problem.
From the Internet
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Flaws within GameSpy, a popular program that allows game clients to find and connect to game servers, might permit crackers to flood systems with useless packets and tie up processors through DDoS attacks.
years ago we had the same kind of problems but it seems it is getting worse by the day.
Gr
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 05-06-2013 12:01

Troll
No, not Ddosing me, there are other ways to crash servers, which is best not to discuss on open forums. I know how and why they are doing it. They want to move the community from Europe to the Americas, North and South. Good luck with that.
Its not a problem if they do find a way through the IP range ban and crash us, the server is back up in ten seconds and the IP is noted for a future ban. We had a spate of them crashing all the servers in 1.01, now all seems stable again.

http://ngg-team.com/
KostiCZ
Lets continue with discussion at private channels Wink You are right it is not good to discuss it here.

Teamrespawn.cz
PuMa
Silent Bob wrote:
To be on the safe side i recommend to post server IP´s in this thread.

When the gamespy masterserver goes offline all info is lost! Shock

Maybe someone can past IP´s from known servers in the thread.

Our Gameservers Page shows the IP adresses of our servers so we can still provide direct connection.

I remember back in the days when the masterserver was down. We installed Qtracker and we where able to see all the servers running, find their IP and direct connect trought the game, so we where still able to play ESL matches!
I <3 VC!
Edited by PuMa on 05-06-2013 15:08
SignatureWhat do you know about getting owned?!

Cheack out my esl page WhApAW-> http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/player/2220025/

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/player/2220025/
DSOP-Apache
Troll wrote:
No, not Ddosing me, there are other ways to crash servers, which is best not to discuss on open forums. I know how and why they are doing it. They want to move the community from Europe to the Americas, North and South. Good luck with that.
Its not a problem if they do find a way through the IP range ban and crash us, the server is back up in ten seconds and the IP is noted for a future ban. We had a spate of them crashing all the servers in 1.01, now all seems stable again.

I was not talking about you Wink

And i was not able to find any other topic about this in members forum .

Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 07-06-2013 16:34

Jump to Forum: