View Thread: Vietcong 1.01
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Vietcong 1.01
MaDHoUsE
Hi
I have a question about coop and changeing vc behaviour.
We have a server in 1.01 and I was wondering if it is possible to change VC s behaviour to be more agressive.
Is it possible to get server to run with this and being visible for others..and if yes...HOW???

Thank you in advance Smile

KostiCZ
You can change difficulty only at server settings (try VIETNAM, I hope it will be enough). Or there is also another way - to change AI scripts when you are making new map.
Maybe that somebody made some crask or "tool" which can made changes ingame but my advice is to not use it.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
MaDHoUsE
hi Kosti
Thank you for your reply.

Changeing the AI can not be done for 1.01? That is where our {GR} coop server is. is this proceedure concidered "new map"? That all players ned to have in order to have the agressive VC?

I am familiar with opening CBF since I was wes searching for info and that is when I realzed I needed knowlege of scripting = I NEED HELP Sad
We are only interested in 1.01 since 1.6 already has super maps and super coops that I love playing on my own Smile
Edited by MaDHoUsE on 10-06-2013 18:15

DSOP-Apache
Hi,
You can modify lots of maps in the editor , and in that case you can assign other scripts to the bots and that is very easy to do i guess.

Why did you not upgrade VC ? they did not made those patches for the show i guess.
After you modify the map everybody else have to DL it aswell if they wanna play the modified map.

Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 11-06-2013 10:11
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

MaDHoUsE
Hi DSOP-Apache

We try to keep 1.01 alive and 1.6 has enough servers. I play 1.6 too.
If I have understood you correctly, this type of modding in cbf is concidered new map...? It is only coop behaviour we are after.

Cheers for reply
Smile

DSOP-Apache
Yep if you change the scripts for the AI its a new map .Keep the 101 servers alive ? why would you do such thing ?
I would love to say "Teamup in 1.6 Smile as to the coop players in VC2 also Wink

Greets Smile

Troll
You may not understand 1.01, the discs are still on sale here in my country, without any patches. Consider this as a gateway into Vietcong where people can then consider the patches to 1.6. I think Vietcong 1.01 is probably the most important place to keep servers open.
I posted a youtube video on how to install an nGG anti-crash patch for 1.01 advertised on our servers. Since February this year it has had over 1000 hits. I wonder if 1.6 gets quite so much newcomer traffic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egblZCYBAAQ

http://ngg-team.com/
MaDHoUsE
DSOP-Apache Thank you. For you answer. And yes, it is nostalgic reason and also the game with least servers. But as you can see, we all know eatchother and have fun in game......

Troll
Smile Nice to see you here too
Got your flip flops back ee... hehehe

Brchi
Just want to mention that the client patch may not be needed anymore. GoGs asked me to create a serverside fix, and I've made it like that players cannot go to that position anymore as they will be ported backwards immediately and damaged a bit.
But now I see that there are more bugged places than just the one in NVA Base, can someone describe me the other ones or give me the coordinates?

http://www.myCong.net
MaDHoUsE
Hi Brchi
Anything for the good of the game. If you need my help, tell me when and where
Smile

Troll
I hope nobody posts any exploits here on this live forum, the game is bad enough for cheaters, glitchers and bug users without adding to the problems. Send in a PM please. I hope your maps work Brchi and wish you luck.

MaDHoUsE
we have added coordinates in PM Troll Smile nice piont though...for the rest SmileSmile

DSOP-Apache
Troll wrote:
You may not understand 1.01, the discs are still on sale here in my country, without any patches. Consider this as a gateway into Vietcong where people can then consider the patches to 1.6. I think Vietcong 1.01 is probably the most important place to keep servers open.
I posted a youtube video on how to install an nGG anti-crash patch for 1.01 advertised on our servers. Since February this year it has had over 1000 hits. I wonder if 1.6 gets quite so much newcomer traffic.

Hi,
May not understand ? you must be joking right ? i do understand,and most do, those patches are upgrades to improve the game i hope you understand that and not made for the show check the bugfix list sinds that 101 version Wink I remember that we all waited for those upgrades at that time .
The very first thing i do is check the upgrades when i buy and install a game .If people see the server list with mostly 1.6 patched servers then i guess they will upgrade soon enough Wink
And you can have 100.000 hits but we dont see that in the server list those 101 servers are a just a few and they are empty mostly .
Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 14-06-2013 10:19

Troll
DSOP-Apache wrote:
Troll wrote:

Hi,
May not understand ? you must be joking right ? i do understand,and most do, those patches are upgrades to improve the game i hope you understand that and not made for the show check the bugfix list sinds that 101 version Wink I remember that we all waited for those upgrades at that time .
The very first thing i do is check the upgrades when i buy and install a game .If people see the server list with mostly 1.6 patched servers then i guess they will upgrade soon enough Wink
And you can have 100.000 hits but we dont see that in the server list those 101 servers are a just a few and they are empty mostly .
Greets

The first thing you do, yes correct. But you are not the kids that are buying or downloading this game. They download it and instantly look for multiplayer and off they go. Much later on they realise there is a whole new experience on 1.6. This is why its important to keep servers open on 1.01. If I have not made that clear enough then whatever. We get very many new players all the time on 1.01 and probably most of 1.6 traffic comes from there. I don't really care about comparing one dead side of VC with the other.

DSOP-Apache
Well i still respect you even when we dont agree with each other Wink sometimes people just think different and in this case aswell Smile .But ok now i understand why there are still 101 servers in the list because i had no clue why before , i thought they just like their privacy a lot Wink lol
Thanks for the explaination.
Greets

MaDHoUsE
hi LDC-78
Thank you for your reply. Its a shame noone is around (as it seems) from "the old" pterodon to answer. It is a super game and we all would like to keep it alive.

Jump to Forum: