View Thread: New sounds for player´s voice commands
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
New sounds for player´s voice commands
H5N1 Bird Flu
Hi,
i made a little sound mode for players voice commands just for fun Smile I used voices from Enemy territory...i think they are great Smile
...but till now made only for US player (you have to choose DEFORT as player)...VC player in progress Cool

...also changed sound of US scored , VC scored and sound for results table...

Just recopy file to VC folder...

Whats your opinion ? Do you have any ideas for "cool" sounds in extra items for VC ?

Text changed for all language.

Post if sounds doesn´t work for you and type to the post version of Vietcong...THX

Let me know if it worked(someone who has US version of VC)....

This is not final version..it is just for testing purpose.
H5N1 Bird Flu attached the following file:
et_sounds2.rar [1.27 MB, 639 Downloads]
Edited by H5N1 Bird Flu on 20-11-2013 22:43

30min.vietcong1.cz
scorpion
Fun mod Smile good job lol I didn't expect gangnam style when vc score haha VC

H5N1 Bird Flu
Video for preview:

http://www.youtub...e=youtu.be
Edited by H5N1 Bird Flu on 20-11-2013 23:17
  x 1  x 1  x 3

30min.vietcong1.cz
Intruder
I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the "voice commands" tabs by adding other original sounds like "damn gooks", "attack", "grenades",...?

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

H5N1 Bird Flu
Intruder wrote:
I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the "voice commands" tabs by adding other original sounds like "damn gooks", "attack", "grenades",...?

Intruder

I didn´t find any INI file for set-up these lines (something like for menu)..so it looks that it is implemented directly in engine ,but may be I´m wrong...

...but it looks that is possible create new speech for player...but i´m not sure (not tested) just predict Cool

30min.vietcong1.cz
mick
It's a nice one but still not that realsitic. Other phrases from vc1 (and vc2 maybe) as well would be great ;}
Edited by mick on 21-11-2013 23:20
Signaturevc1+fa; vc2+fb

Intruder
H5N1 Bird Flu wrote:

Intruder wrote:

I didn´t find any INI file for set-up these lines (something like for menu)..so it looks that it is implemented directly in engine ,but may be I´m wrong...

...but it looks that is possible create new speech for player...but i´m not sure (not tested) just predict Cool

Some questions...

-So, it's possible to change the actual voice commands but not to increase them...?
-Because the other sounds can be extracted from the game, is it possible to use them as "external sounds" like you made with the Enemy Territory ones? And each character can have his own sounds?
-To be heard by all the players, we must have the same sounds installed also I guess?

I've always found some of those actual sounds were "useless or superfluous" (almost never used)... Maybe we could replace some with "better ones" (mainly for the Coop mode)?

Thanks!

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

H5N1 Bird Flu
Hi, did some testing and finally it is possible to increase voice commands for player...

watch this:http://www.youtub...e=youtu.be

Answer for Intruder:
So, it's possible to change the actual voice commands but not to increase them...?

So finally are possible both options. I mean, change actual voice commands and also it is possible to increase them.

-Because the other sounds can be extracted from the game, is it possible to use them as "external sounds" like you made with the Enemy Territory ones? And each character can have his own sounds?

I didn´t explore whole sounds ,but it looks that yes,each character have own sounds.

-To be heard by all the players, we must have the same sounds installed also I guess?

Yes client side is needed(only if u rewriting existing files).It is possible add to map i think ,but with this method you didn´t give an option to player. If he won´t these sounds he have to delete your map after that.
Edited by H5N1 Bird Flu on 29-11-2013 00:16

30min.vietcong1.cz
DavidGrootenboer
Really coolAPPLAUSE but its sad other players cant hear it(or less they have that client or something)Frown

H5N1 Bird Flu
DavidGrootenboer wrote:
Really coolAPPLAUSE but its sad other players cant hear it(or less they have that client or something)Frown

You don´t need any extra program.. Wink Client side it means each player (you too) which have installed Vietcong game.
All you need is just copy file ET_sounds.CBF to folder Vietcong(folder where you have installed vietcong game).
Who wants to heard also these new sounds just do the same just recopy mentioned file.

ET_sounds.CBF file you will find in the first post packed to et_sounds2.rar which you can download.

P.S.: a little bit simplified Smile
If you create server you are server side and other players are clients.
If you are connetcting to server you are client side.
Edited by H5N1 Bird Flu on 28-11-2013 20:56

30min.vietcong1.cz
DavidGrootenboer
OOh thats that client thx for exlpainingAPPLAUSE

Maybe i will download your programCool

DavidGrootenboer
Do you also have or know a mod-program which you can hear the sounds from screaming when you get killed ??

H5N1 Bird Flu
DavidGrootenboer wrote:
Do you also have or know a mod-program which you can hear the sounds from screaming when you get killed ??

These sound files you have to extract from vietcong files via Total Commander with CBF plugin.

30min.vietcong1.cz
DavidGrootenboer
Sorry what do i have to extract eeeh...

Silent Bob
Try to get familiar with the process of extracting .cbf files with the use of total commanders plugin (available in the dl-section).

You should extract all .cbf´s of the game and have a look on the file structure, its damn easy to find out what you can modify once you have extracted the .cbf files Wink

www.vietcong.info
DavidGrootenboer
All files?Shock

Jump to Forum: