View Thread: VC BOTS/Coop respawn time
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
VC BOTS/Coop respawn time
techno
Hello
I created the two maps in the following link/download using a bots script for bots on both sides in CTF
by applying only one side of the bots I then have a map that its players Vs bots in CTF
the problem is players can join both sides and re-spawn times are sometimes 40seconds
http://aussierampage.com/smf/downloads/VietcongMaps1.6/%7bAUR%7dNVA_VCBotsUSbots2Xmaps.zip

Now I would like to know if anyone knows how to make scripts if they can make a script for one side bots only
with a 10 second re-spawn time and players can only join the players side and not the bots side when playing.

I would be happy with VC bots only but 2 sets of scripts one being for VC and the other set for US would be better
I could then make the same map playable both ways players Vs VC or Players Vs US.

I used a pack I downloaded "can't remember where from" that explained how to add the bots to a map using
the files in that pack,,, problem being the files were .scr files and not .c files and the way to apply it was by renaming
all the .scr files to .c adding the scripts to the game and then renaming the .c files back to .scr before finalizing the map.

this works good but doesn't give me the options to edit the script files to try work out my self the options I want.

Maybe if someone still has the bots script in its raw .c format they could share it and I will try and work it our me self.

any help with this one would be great.

cheers
Edited by techno on 12-06-2011 22:51
SignatureDon't spend your time lookin' around for something you want that can't be found

Ando
If you need simple script for bots then you can find some from SDK.( link to SDK on Vietcong-Coop page).

But if you need a bot script where he acts like CTF player (go for flag and return), then it will need some work.

Silent Bob
Techno, i think you are talking about NIX´s CTF Bot scripts...

I agree with Ando, but it will be much work.

www.vietcong.info
KostiCZ
Silent Bob wrote:
Techno, i think you are talking about NIX´s CTF Bot scripts...

I agree with Ando, but it will be much work.

Not so much, simply search flag object, go there and if picked up, go back to own flag position.

But - sure - special thing - search for stolen flag - get position of enemy with flag, go there (kill him) and return flag.

Simply

EDIT:
For entering only to one side (as US) use SC_MP_SRV_SetForceSide(0) command in your ctf script in case SC_NET_MES_LEVELINIT: section. If you need details, search in SDK manual.
Edited by KostiCZ on 16-05-2011 22:07
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
techno
SC_MP_SRV_SetForceSide(0) for US side only
SC_MP_SRV_SetForceSide(1) for VC side only
works great, That's all I needed to change to do what I wanted, thanks heaps for that

cheers

Am I able to set the re-spawn time as well?
SignatureDon't spend your time lookin' around for something you want that can't be found

KostiCZ
I can send what I wrote in some oanother thread...

GoGs wrote:
Download source  Code

float GetRecovTime(void){
   float val;
   s_SC_MP_SRV_AtgSettings set;

SC_MP_SRV_GetAtgSettings(&set);

if (set.ctf_respawntime>1.0f){
      return set.ctf_respawntime;
   }   

val = SC_ggf(400);
   if (val==0) val = 25;
   return val;
}

Here...
0 = Default
///////////////
if (val==0)
{
val = 25;
}
return val;
//////////////

I think there is few bugs. If it it original CTF script I wonder how it can be functional...

val is float, it means you cannot check if this is ==0 (better <0.0f) and then you cannot store val = 25 (try val = 25.0f)

BUT - i still think respawntime is stored in set.ctf_respawntime (readed from server settings) because the second part with val is used only if set.ctf_respawntime<=1.0f (0 seconds)

Edit:
Hehe, if you want to override server settings, try something like this:

Download source  Code

float val;

val = SC_ggf(400);
   if (val<=0.0f) val = 25.0f;
   return val;
}

;)

Teamrespawn.cz
techno
Download source  Code

float val;

val = SC_ggf(400);
   if (val<=0.0f) val = 25.0f;
   return val;
}

this code works good with the current edits for 1 side player spawn and with your code an instant respawn
but I found that this ctf.c with the currect edits works with coop bots only, If I add the ctf bots they don't spawn. do the same thing
but with coop bots and the bots spawn ok.

the ctf bots I have are from here follow this link
http://www.vietcong-customs.com/download.php?action=popup&kat_id=1&fileid=17&img=1&s_string=TDMC

Is there away to over-ride this and have all bots spawn.

I tried SC_MP_EnableBotsFromScene(TRUE);
but again only good with coop bots and not ctf bots.

the website to the creator of the 4x4bots does not work anymore; there for I cant ask for support from the creator of 4x4bots.

any idea's!!!,

cheers

KostiCZ
Sorry, cannot help you, because I don't have sourcecodes of CTF bots. The link you posted here there are only compilled versions (.SCR).

Teamrespawn.cz
Silent Bob
AFAIK there has never been source of the CTF4x4.SCR or ATG4x4.SCR....even nix did not have it, he just used it in his map parameter.

www.vietcong.info
GoGs
Maybe on coop community web site.
SignatureGoGs

techno
Thanks for helping me out,
I have been playing with the script for the passed x amount of hrs now and I can't find away to work it out.
I have been studying the vietcong scripting and trying all kinds of things, best option I can do was UScoop and VCcoop replace the ctfbots, now it works like this but problem is there coop and not ctfbots, so you will have a fight but they don't go for the flag lol.
If only I knew how to tell the vc_000.c script to go for the flag as well then that would solve this problem.

I have searched the web as well but there are allot of places in German CZ and more that I can't read. I also tried a translator but the pages don't fully load :)

If anyone knows where to find the original ctfbot.c scripts or have them, please share.

thankyou
Edited by techno on 18-05-2011 20:49

Jump to Forum: