· Don Turtuma 4 weeks

View Thread: New game mode idea
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 4 ratings)  
 Print Thread
New game mode idea
Yrchi
As there is no real action, cooperation and teamplay on public servers with CTF, ATG modes I came across an idea to make a new game mode that would bring more thrilling.
Here's the idea: There are two locations where teams start and between them (in fortress, base, hill..) one neutral flag that has to be taken by the team and hold for certain amount of time to score or actually win. When neutral flag is taken the team also start to respawn at it's spawnpoints and not anymore at primary locations.
There would be much about offensive versus defensive.
Name could be (HTF) or Hold The Flag.

Is anything like that possible to make? I'm not a script maker so I'm asking for help Smile
Comments and ideas are wellcome!

KostiCZ
Ofcourse it is possible, but if you have VC team and US team, which flag you want to use as neutral? VC flag or US flag?
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Ando
Good idea.

KostiCZ wrote:
Ofcourse it is possible, but if you have VC team and US team, which flag you want to use as neutral? VC flag or US flag?

If I understand right then only one flag and it's neutral when game starts. Later depends who is holding that place.
Edited by Ando on 22-05-2011 14:41

KostiCZ
Ando wrote:
Good idea.

KostiCZ wrote:

If I understand right then only one flag and it's neutral when game starts. Later depends who is holding that place.

Sorry my knowledge about flags, never worked on TT or RW maps, so I dont know if there is some "neutral" flag. I only know CTF mode :-) But if there is such flag, this is no problem to create this gamemode.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
hrco
for neutral flag u have example like RW....make a map one neutral flag on fortress,hill etc etc...the team who "touches" the flag own it and they have to defend it like some 3 mins or so.....

http://www.greens420clan.webs.com/
Yrchi
Yes, I thought about RW/TT neutral flags.
And what about timers and how to set them ? I imagine 2 timers with countdown for each team.
And when one team wins map auto-restart ...

I will take a look about KOTH.
Edited by Yrchi on 22-05-2011 21:59

hrco
i know its not so simple but can u copy script timer from ATG and put it in HTF? and maybe KOTH is same thing...

Yrchi
No KOTH is't fine, I haven't found any flag there.. so

Vlatka
HTF sounds grate. It would be team work and fun.

But im rely interestid in one idea. Which would bring allot players, and would sure be a blast! Well at least in my opinion...

Zombie mode !!!

So imagine HTF system...but with Zombies...

Could that be made?

I was talking with D-boy about it aswell......he told me about a modder mariachi, known as jimmy also. Said that he would be a great help in that.

I don't know...just an idea...it would be brilliant brilliant brilliant !!!
Something totaly new!!

So can we think of making something like that?
Signature*nGG.| Vlatka
  x 1  x 1

Silent Bob
Jimmy is MIA since some months......i like the Zombie idea Smile

www.vietcong.info
Vlatka
I do not know Jimmy..... only thing i know is what D-boy said about him, when i tell him about u guys and all new mods u are doing (he was opening server for last GTP fw). He said thats great and that if we can contact Jimmy he could be good add on for team, could help.

Please please please make new Characters....yeeees..... and zombieee.... it would be a blast !! APPLAUSE Grin
Edited by Vlatka on 24-05-2011 17:03
Signature*nGG.| Vlatka

Bierkes
Jimmy...

Is that the guy who created the ''mariachi hack''?

If so, i am not sure if it's a good idea to contact him again.
I can remember that that mariachi hack was released while the ladders at clanbase where still very active. That hack was used by many players. ( you had a vc and a usa.cbf.) If you putted the usa.cfb in your folder for example, all usa players had bars above their head of like 20 meters.

So my opinion, is to not involve him in this private section, since he can use the info for himself, against vc. Altho, i can't imagene people still want to spend much time to create hacks for vietcong, since their are only a few players left.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/player/4007318/
apfelbaum
new charcácters sounds cool. I would implement new characters, but it´s "forbidden"(say what you want) for me....;-)
Edited by apfelbaum on 24-05-2011 18:11

Vlatka
Uf...well makes sence jimmy known as mariachi...mariachi hack...lol....did not know.....then good hes MIA lol
Signature*nGG.| Vlatka

Silent Bob
Jimmy is a nice guy and the hack was dead simple.....even i could do it.

Edit:
Jimmy is a nice guy and the hack was dead simple.....even i could do it.
Edited by Silent Bob on 24-05-2011 22:44

www.vietcong.info
No Use For A Name
I don t know why he did it, and even tho it might be simple: There's no need in creating hacks. Anyways, he's a good modder, so get him :-)
SignatureDon't come back now on your knees
Crying take me back please'
'Cause you can't mend my broken heart
Because it died when we were apart.

LG
And what about to do Hold the Flag DM in center of map there will be some flag dunno if you can tak neutral flag you will take it and you score depends on how long you alone have the flack on your back. Also look like cool.
Signaturewww.vietcong1.cz

www.vietcong1.cz
RiskyDingo
Pardon me if this has been thought of already, but.... the most straightforward HTF method, using Stronghold2 as an example:

Simply place both flagpoles in the fort, one in maybe the basement and the other maybe in a tower.

Have the VC spawn way over on one side of the valley, and the US spawn way over on the other side.

Title the server HOLD THE FLAG(S). Time-limit the game.

While one team has control of the fort, one player steals the enemy flag and scores. Then another player steals the flag and scores, then another player....etc etc etc. Allow team-killing so the flag can be taken from clueless or uncooperative teammates.

If the other side manages to take the fort, it will be their turn to do the same thing.

The winning team will be the one that has the most points by the end of the game.
Edited by RiskyDingo on 22-07-2011 23:12

apfelbaum
GAMEMODEIDEA: steal the gamemodeidea "rush" from bad company 2. there are 2 teams, attacker and defender. the attacker have to destroy 2 mcoms. but the attacker only have limited respawns/tickets.
->1. when they cant destroy the mcoms (or maybe bombs in vc) with the limited tickets, the defenders have won.
->2. when they destroy the 2 mcoms, the maps get a new area. in this area are 2 new mcoms.

-the defenders always spawn in/near the mcoms area
-the attackers always spawn far away ( in vc around 150-200 meters [ not near]) the mcoms.

maybe it is possible for you to create/script "delayed appearing areas". i mean...if the attackers destroyed the 2 mcoms they can enter the next area around 10-15 seconds later while the defenders can search/take new positions.

-so that the defenders cant make a spawn rape you can either add a specified area for the defenders they can enter until eg. 50 before the mountain, so they cant shoot or nade the attackers and they can spawn secure...
-...or the editor of the map add a collision, so they cant move into the forbidden area.

for the gameplay the attackers have some vehicles (eg a jeep with machine gun/helicopter/tank)

so its easier to know where are the mcoms/bomb an image is always displayed through all elements/the whole terrain with always the same scale... eg small, bright blue dot (64x64 dots) or a sign.the icon/sign changes if the bomb was planted.i51.tinypic.com/qnaa83.jpg

hope you like the "idea".
Edited by apfelbaum on 22-07-2011 23:54

hrco
this maybe could work but for vehicles in VC i did drive them in multiplayer on coop but they dont have hradba on so i doesnt kick u for speedhacking...but even when u r in a vehicle its not good bcoz i dont actually see a man in vehicle u see man flying around LOL

Jump to Forum: