· Terminator 1 week
· Homi 1 week
· Highl@nder 2 weeks
· Confused Master 5 weeks
· Sully 5 weeks
· gus 7 weeks
· areen 7 weeks
· xhc 7 weeks

View Thread: How do I export the map correctly?
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
How do I export the map correctly?
GONZO
Hello. I need help. I making new map for VC1 but stuck with sectors. I created 2 sectors with portals in 3dsmax (Portals are correctly linked to sectors, face inside, aligned and rotated 2 degrees). When loaded in editor, all appears good. I set in/out parameters, now in editor is all working (f8) but when I finalize map, portal setting is gone. I ask if anyone know:

1. How do I export the map correctly?
2. What exactly represents numbers in PORTAL settings? (for example In map Jarai is set Portal=1,1, in Minefactory Portal=0,0).

Maybe it's just trivial problem, but I would be very grateful if someone can advise.
My map is almost finished, just this last problem.
=GONZO=

apfelbaum
Did you read the Helpfile? Everything that is important is written down in it.

(From Helpfile): Portal= active_dist, half_dist, fade_dist, r, g, b

1. active_dist distance from a portal to camera, to which it remains open

2. half_dist distance from a portal to camera, to which only those objects are drawn that had been linked to the sector in 3DS MAX

3. fade_dist distance from a portal to camera, in which the portal starts changing color, if set to 0, the portal is closed without changing color

4. r, g, b color of the closed portal

There are a lot more infos about setting and editing properties in 3Ds Max AND within the Editor. Just type in "Portal" in the searchbar of the helpfile.

To the sector problem...Did you give those sectors separat names? "sector1, sector2..."
Edited by apfelbaum on 30-11-2014 23:03

GONZO
Very sorry for the mistake. I worked over 20 hours and I accidentally mistook the word PORTAL for SECTOR. The 2. question should be: What exactly represents numbers in SECTOR settings? (In map Jarai is Sector=1,1, in Minefactory Sector=0,0) " Sectors I named correctly. Parameters for the portals OK. I read lots of instructions than I asked for advice here.
1. I created two sectors and each exported as .bes separately. Sectors are not adjacent.
Sector_A.bes (1 sector named Sector_A, 4 portals named Portal_A00 - Portal_A03)
Sector_B.bes (1 sector named Sector_B, 7 portals named Portal_B00 - Portal_B06)
2. Editor created automatically 11 worldportals.
3. I set parameters 10,10,1,0,0,0 to portals (in MAX) and adjust in editor.

After finalization map sectors are working properly, but at a distance of closure portals begin appearing background. I probably need relaxation.

But thank you very much for your time.

apfelbaum
Uhm would you mind sending me your level folder of your map so i can take a look at it?

GONZO
I wanted to create a portal which gradually closed with increasing distance until a predefined color of closure. In the editor it works, but in the final map not. I have not seen a map where it was used. So I suppose that it can not be created. In my map I will use other method.

Jump to Forum: