Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
finalizing
Silent Bob
RiskyDingo wrote:

"FPV map"?

First Person View Map

Usually ist a .bmp in the Folder structure, just add your text in the .bmp and overwrite the file Wink

www.vietcong.info
RiskyDingo
Brchi wrote:
RiskyDingo wrote:
Is it possible to give my "pre-finalized" folder(s) and file(s) to someone else with an editor, and see if they can finalize my map on their computer?

Yea, I can try. Zip and upload the whole levels\<yourmap> folder.

I had an idea.

My old laptop, which I havent' turned on in years, has Vietcong 1.6 and the Ptero editor.

I copied the LEVELS folder (with the DESERT folder in it, and, I assumed, all my edits for "DESERTv1.1" ) from my regular laptop and pasted it in Vietcong on the old computer. I used an external USB drive to do the transfer.

But when I used the old editor to open the scene in the old computer, all it showed was an unchanged Stronghold2 map. None of my edits were there. It even had to rebuild the textures.

I am baffled. Were you able to notice my edits?

Brchi
Actually, no. Looks like the original one.

Where did you save your modified scene? levels\DESERT\BAK02.SCO?
If you open that file, do you see the changes?

http://www.myCong.net
RiskyDingo
Brchi wrote:
Where did you save your modified scene? levels\DESERT\BAK02.SCO?
If you open that file, do you see the changes?

WELLLLL, LOOK WHAT I FOUND !!!!

From www.pterodon.com/pda.php?id=18

" 3. Why do I not have the possibility to save a scene into a different directory than the one it was created in?

[Answer:] An *.sco file should never be saved into a different directory than the one it was created in. This is because the file refers to the data structure of that directory. If you move it or save it somewhere else than the proper directory, some of the textures will not be found (and drawn) plus the scene finalization process will not be performed correctly. "

Very Angry !#%&#!?#!

I'm just going to have to do it all over again entirely on my old almost-10-year-old Dell.

Brchi
Just try with moving the elsewhere saved .sco file into the levels\DESERT\ dir?

RiskyDingo
Brchi wrote:
Just try with moving the elsewhere saved .sco file into the levels\DESERT\ dir?

I don't think that matters. Moving the file *anywhere* is a kind of saving, and that "corrupts" (so to speak) the file structure from the editor's viewpoint.

I noticed that while I'm in the editor, the .SCO file shows a"date modified" as the date and time I last worked on it.

But if I look up that SCO in the directory using Windows, the SCO's date modified is shown as whenever I first loaded it into the editor.

I think the editor keeps the changes to an SCO file as a kind of internal separate "template" or overlay. The original SCO (and whatever attendant files) remains unchanged. The act of finalization combines changes and SCO into a working map.

But I can't finalize anything, because my editor always locks up at compiling scripts.

Brchi
RiskyDingo wrote:
I think the editor keeps the changes to an SCO file as a kind of internal separate "template" or overlay. The original SCO (and whatever attendant files) remains unchanged. The act of finalization combines changes and SCO into a working map.

For me, the windows modified date of the .sco is updated as soon as I save the scene.

RiskyDingo wrote:
But I can't finalize anything, because my editor always locks up at compiling scripts.

Maybe your editor installation is broken, I could check that with TeamViewer (kinda remote maintenance, you can see what I do and quit at any time).
Or have a look with Process Explorer while it's stuck and see if the editor .exe or parents of it (scmp.exe etc.) are using up the CPU.

RiskyDingo wrote:
But one of those simple invisible no-go barriers would be a lot easier, or just adjusting an existing barrier. Am I able to do that? Or is that a 3DSMax thing?

Go through the object database, maybe there are invisible objects, otherwise you need max (PM me if interested).

RiskyDingo wrote:
Even more important.... is the Black Pajama Homi server still a "going concern"? Seems inactive lately. Frown

Running a fixed damp_lagoon_b10 now, it had many visual glitches. Also adjusted spawn points and flags.

RiskyDingo
Brchi wrote:
Or have a look with Process Explorer while it's stuck and see if the editor .exe or parents of it (scmp.exe etc.) are using up the CPU.

I'm noticing that scmp.exe lingers and stays in the processes in my task manager after I completely terminate the editor.

And if I run the editor again and let it crash when I try to finalize, another copy of scmp.exe shows up as a process in the background.

As many copies of scmp.exe will accumulate in my task manager as the number of times I run-crash-terminate the editor. (I terminate all the scmp's with Ultimate Troubleshooter afterward.)

And yeah, scmp.exe is gobbling up CPU.

So what does all that mean?

Jump to Forum: