· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: more finalizing
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
more finalizing
RiskyDingo
I started over again with the Ptero Editor.

I am currently working only a new Stronghold map.

QUESTION: Does it mess up the "Compiling Scripts" step if I made changes in the Multiplayer Game Editor before finishing my changing objects in the map?

In other words: Is it very important to not do anything with the Multiplayer Game Editor until all changes to the map are finished?

apfelbaum
It doesn't matter, the editor should recompile all scripts (for gamemodes etc.) everytime you finalize. so you can set all properties in the multiplayer game editor and then edit your map.

you just have to create all necessary helpers (flags, recovery points) so the game doesn't crash by starting match.

in this case its a bit try and error if you forgot something but you can ignore the order completely..

RiskyDingo
apfelbaum wrote:

you just have to create all necessary helpers (flags, recovery points) so the game doesn't crash by starting match.

in this case its a bit try and error if you forgot something but you can ignore the order completely..

1. If I'm working on a pre-made user-made map that has recovery points (and/or other special objects) for several different modes, do I have to delete all the non-CTF stuff if I am making a primarily CTF map?

2. I am having trouble getting finalization past "Compiling scripts" after I try to Finalize. At that point, the Ptero Editor freezes and goes no further, no matter what map I'm working on. Apfelbaum, have you ever had that problem?

Die
Hi, I had a same problem, try Editor.exe ,,run as Administrator".
And if you have some files in ,,Virtual store" try it move to the Vietcong/levels/mapname..
Smile hope it works

Jump to Forum: