Print Thread
Hawk
RiskyDingo
a slightly modified {THM}AREANA ctf map
Edited by RiskyDingo on 19-02-2015 16:28

420Ninjutsu
APPLAUSESmileWink

SGT PEPPER
Coming from the guy who made Areana : It is a classic in the world of CTF players, played a lot as is, or as was. When I started making maps I read in a forum to "be respectful of others work", moving a few things around in a map is not map making, and dude, what were you thinking with those flags?
I will put together a package of plain jane terrains and other objects for you to use, be creative! Package coming soon

RiskyDingo
SGT PEPPER wrote:
Coming from the guy who made Areana : It is a classic in the world of CTF players, played a lot as is, or as was. When I started making maps I read in a forum to "be respectful of others work", moving a few things around in a map is not map making, and dude, what were you thinking with those flags?
I will put together a package of plain jane terrains and other objects for you to use, be creative! Package coming soon

Flags were set to create a choke-point, namely: Limit flag access to a route up to top of building(s) and then over the side to get atop the wall and then to the flag. Intention was to make scoring more of a challenge.

It occurred to me later that seizing a flag may still have been easy to do by just jumping up from ground level while standing next to the wall. (Contact with its virtual entity.) So I set the flags higher atop barrels. Kind of clunky-looking though, and still not sure that that worked.

Now why did I do any of this? Frankly, I was getting bored with AREANA. One can stare at even the Mona Lisa for just so long.
Edited by RiskyDingo on 19-02-2015 16:57

SGT PEPPER
I have made some new terrains and gathering some other objects for you or anyone who wants to work with, will be done soon and post a link here for download Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i93hvi33dbhbyrz/Map+editing.rar

There is enough to keep you or anyone else busy for awhile, enjoy Smile
Edited by SGT PEPPER on 19-02-2015 23:08

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.13 seconds - 57 Queries 4,882,031 unique visits