· WEZ 5 days
· Homi 1 week
· Terminator 1 week
· Silent Bob 1 week
· Highl@nder 3 weeks
· Jardacz 3 weeks
· desintegrator 3 weeks
· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: Game crashes everytime-help!
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
Game crashes everytime-help!
qm2hill
My game "Vietcong" crashes every time in the insertion Three Canyons mission when they say "I can smell the bastards!" As soon as you hear it, the game crashes to the desktop. I've installed several patches, but the game still crashes. Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem? I am using Windows 7 Ultimate, and I open the game and select run as administrator. The game play is fine until the Three Canyons mission. I really am enjoying the game. I am a veteran who actually searched small boats along the Mekong in 1975. Please help me solve this crashing problem so I can continue playing the game. I would very much appreciate your help.

I also installed Vietcong loader as I am playing on a modern Windows 7 computer. The game was working flawlessly up until it crashed. Please help!
Edited by qm2hill on 27-03-2015 21:57
  x 1  x 1

420Ninjutsu
oh , are you playing single player mode ? have fun ! some professional will help you soon .Smile

qm2hill
I hope so; great game! Thanks for the response, awaiting help.Smile

Brchi
The VCStarter tool fixes this problem and also adds some features you can configure.
You can find it on this site in Downloads -> I Tools -> VC Starter 1.5.1.

http://www.myCong.net
qm2hill
Thanks so much for your reply. Question: I down loaded vcstarter 1.51 as a zip file. I select the following files to be unzipped by winzip:

msvcp100.dll
msvcr100.dll
readme.txt
vcstarter.dll
vcstarterconfig.exe
vietcong.exe

When I select all these files to be unzipped and try to unzip them into the c:\program files\vietcong directory, I get the following message:
Error: Access is denied
cannot create c:\program files\vietcong\vcstarter.dll administrative privledges may be required

I am signed on as an administrator so I don't know why I get this message; I just have one account and its says Greg/administrator

I am running windows 7 ultimate with 8gigs memory and fast processor. How do I unzip vcstarter 1.5.1 successfully? Really want to play the game; I really appreciate your help! VC

dRgiGGLeZ
When running the VC Starter executable or anything requiring priveleges "right click" on it and select "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR".
Edited by dRgiGGLeZ on 28-03-2015 20:00
SignatureDR. GIGGLEZ
HEADHUNTERS CLAN ::]HC[:: USA

https://www.facebook.com/groups/147630708642766/
SGT PEPPER
I extracted to desktop, then drag n drop into Vietcong folder. I had same problem with windows 7 not wanting to extract to Vietcong directly.

qm2hill
When I download vcstarter 1.5.1, I open winzip and see these files:

msvcp100.dll
msvcr100.dll
readme.txt
vcstarter.dll
vcstarterconfig.exe
vietcong.exe

Should I click or check each box beside each file; including vietcong.exe and extract to the desktop? The folder in program files called "Vietcong" already has an executable file called "vietcong.exe; I assume this is what launches the game. I am not familiar with winzip or extracting files; I would love to play this game but this game crashes every time I hear them say "you can smell the bastards" in the Three Canyon's Mission. I'm barely getting started trying to play this game but I can't proceed due to crashes on my windows 7 pc. Could you tell me the step by step process of what to do once I'e down loaded these files. Do you Click all of them, including the vietcong.exe file the vcstarter.zip file downloads and extract them all to your desktop then copy all including the vietcong.exe file and paste it into the program files "vietcong" directory? Do vietcong.exe in the zip file overwrite the vietcong.exe already in the folder that the original setup file from the gaem cd's put in that directory? If I just double click each .zipped file (If that is what they are) I get error messages. If I right click them, I don't see run as administrator. Please tell me what to do once I've downloaded "VCStarter.zip 1.5.1.

I actually served along the coast of Vietnam in the 70's but I'm afraid my computer skills; particular .zip knowledge is very weak. if you could explain the process to me so I can play this fantastic game, I would very much appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Greg Hill-Duluth, Ga
Edited by qm2hill on 30-03-2015 17:42

Brchi
I don't know how winzip looks (I have winrar) but yes, select all files inside the archive and extract them to the desktop. Just try a bit around, that shouldn't be hard Pfft
Then copy those files from desktop and paste them into the Vietcong directory, confirming any overwrite prompts.

Then use vcstarterconfig.exe to configure some options and start the game as usual with the new vietcong.exe.

http://www.myCong.net
qm2hill
Finally am able to play this game "Vietcong." Thanks everyone for your help. Vcstarter 1.5.1 when loaded properly does keep, so far, my game from crashing. I really appreciate everyone's advice.

420Ninjutsu
APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSEnever thought it will be resolved lol . APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE

Jump to Forum: