View Thread: Vietcong Troubles
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
Vietcong Troubles
Silent Bob
Recieved this issue via PM:

Hi. I have just recently joined the Vietcong.Info community in order to find a solution on a problem that keeps making trouble and what I couldn´t solve. I would like to ask for your help. I was struggling to find a solution for my problem but without any success.
So here´s the problem:
After I downloaded and installed the game (+ crack), I downloaded the VCStarter I tried both the 1.4,1 and the 1.5.1. versions, and played with the sound setup in the Control Panel in order to avoid the voice crash when you need to use the microphone further in the 2. mission. Here comes the problem: (First I change the resolution in that Setup window which keeps occuring at the start.)After the game launches my screen turns black and I can hear the main menu music. Clicking with the mouse hiting the Enter button nothing helps nor wiating. I cant see the main menu with the options: New Game, Continue.... I just hear the main menu music. I couldn´t figure out what causes the issue that´s why I turned to you. If you´ve got time please help me with this, I truly hope that we can sort this mess out and make the game run.
PS.: It´s my second try to install this game on my PC. The first was like 2-3 years ago. I remember I had to setup many different things to run the game. It worked, but now I´m lost and cannot really remember what I did on the first time to make it work.
Here the specs of my PC :
CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 3,10 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
-Realtek High Definition Audio
Graphics - GeForce GTX550

For your effort and help I want to thank you in advance Smile

www.vietcong.info
Nosek
Here's what I'd suggest:
1) Check if "Run this program as an administrator" is ticked in Properties of vietcong.exe (perhaps it is forced by VCStarter v 1.5.1).
2) Try to run the game in Windowed mode - uncheck "FullScreen" in the Ptero-Engine II Setup. Also uncheck anything else apart from "Show this dialog".
3) Check nVidia Control Panel - in "Manage 3D settings" in Global Settings everything should be set to its defaults.
4) Maybe updating the Audio Driver or the nVidia GeForce Driver (but ye this is a long shot).
5) And about VCStarter - use v 1.5.1 only. V 1.4.x can be dlocked by AntiVirus SW.

www.clan-delta.websnadno.cz
Jump to Forum: