View Thread: Lightmap bug
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
Lightmap bug
apfelbaum
Hey folks,

I got a little problem, maybe someone experienced the same bug!

When I try to load an object with multiple materials there are two materials with the same Diffuse#1 texture but with 2 different LightMaps in 3DS Max assigned.
Problem is that one material adopts the lightmap from the other (you see the ground uses the lightmap from the building).
The only way to avoid this was to assign a different diffusetexture to one of the materials.

Already tried but not working:

1. Delet and recreate material
2. undefine and reload texture in PteroMat
3. Pay attention both materials don't have the same ID or name
4. Pay attention both textures don't have the same ID

fs2.directupload.net/images/150721/8tv6sfu6.jpg

Is this a common Problem with the engine or does a workaround exist to avoid such a bug?

Best regards

Die
Hi apfelbaum,
I dont know how to fix this problem, but this building looks absolutely awesome!

Intruder
Hello apfelbaum,

I'm not sure to have really understood what is your problem but have you already tried to calculate the lightmap of your "plane" as a subobject? If you can't because your "plane" is a part of the main object, maybe try to "unweld" it then...
Sorry but it's the only suggestion I'm thinking about.

Good luck! Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 31-07-2015 12:43
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

apfelbaum
The Lightmap is calculated in 3DS max....

Intruder
I guess you have your reasons but why don't you calculate the lightmaps in the editor? Isn't a way to fix your problem?

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

apfelbaum
i don't use it to get

1. more beautiful results (indirect lighting, more precision, more complicated lighting circumstances)
2. a better performance: inengine calculated lightmaps are processed with the cpu and we all know especially this part of hardware usage is limited in vietcong ;-)
also it shortens the loading time of the map. this building is part of a big architecturaly drawn map so we need to save resources where we can.

the only way i found was to duplicate the diffuse texture and rename it so i can assign two different textures to the materials.

what part of my explanation didn't you understand? maybe i can get more in depth when i know whats misunderstanding

regards

Jump to Forum: