· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: Looking for my successor
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Looking for my successor
KostiCZ
doomed, I think it is still possible to make VC2 server as non-dedicated if there will be group of players ready for mission. One of them can has fast internet connection...
And I also agree that servers are mostly empty, so 2 servers can be enough. Now we should decide which servers it should be. We have FastShooters@VIETCONG.INFO, #1, #2 and #HNN.
Edited by KostiCZ on 29-10-2015 17:35
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
doomed
KostiCZ wrote:
Now we should decide which servers it should be. We have FastShooters@VIETCONG.INFO, #1, #2 and #HNN.

Ah, right, fastshooters --- I forgot about that one (since it's not really coop..). Guess, you should keep that for those who like to play that style (that way we get less hassle with ppl joining, not communicating and running like chicken, and eventually ruining good coop rounds). Or have the usual players (elbunda etc.) who play there moved on to other servers?

Might be good (if possible) to have two 'normal' coop-server though, then we're not so 'paralyzed' if one server crashes and such.....HNN as a passworded server is not really necessary, since we play on open servers for the most nowadays. We can still put a password on in case of special rounds/missions etc. when suitable.

cheers, d.
SignatureNobody suspects the butterfly. (B.S.)

Brchi
So I will start these two:

VIETCONG.INFO
FastShooters@VIETCONG.INFO

If a server crashes, it will be restarted immediately.
I'm yet investigating the freezes, maybe I can fix them, otherwise it will also restart then.

http://www.myCong.net
KostiCZ
OK, switching off server PC now...
Thanks man

Teamrespawn.cz
OndraG
Thanks for hosting it that long, KostiCZ, it was fun to play there!
  x 1  x 4

https://vietcong1.eu
sniperspider
KostiCZ schrieb:
doomed, I think it is still possible to make VC2 server as non-dedicated if there will be group of players ready for mission. One of them can has fast internet connection...
And I also agree that servers are mostly empty, so 2 servers can be enough. Now we should decide which servers it should be. We have FastShooters@VIETCONG.INFO, #1, #2 and #HNN.

I can host servers every day, but I think that this Brchi or his Clan is crashing servers, that´s why we stopped hosting.
If the server is running good and many players, he will immediately crash it with hacks, mods and cheat, over hours until you shut down the server, so that all go play on his server, yes BRCHI you destroying the game and don´t notice it. He is the only one who is scripting and the server tools are don´t working no kick, nothing
Edited by sniperspider on 03-11-2015 20:49

Brchi
@sniperspider
Wow, do you think it's fair treating me/my clan like this? You "think", that "this Brchi", okay... NO!

I'm always for honesty and transparency, so I'm telling you something now: Yes, indeed, I've taken down a server in the past a few times. One server, a single one. And I had a good reason for that. It had copied our name 1:1 (to gain more players I guess) and I think what I did was just appropriate. I was trying to contact the admin before, without success.

"... he will immediately crash it with hacks, mods and cheat ..."

Pretty offending you are. But how can we take this seriously? Pff...

VCGuard blocks all known attacks (also the one I was using to take down the faked server), the only crashes (of which I fixed many already) come from buggy scripts or the engine itself.

If I would be site admin here, you would deserve a ban for a few months now...
Edited by Brchi on 03-11-2015 22:26

http://www.myCong.net
KostiCZ
lol, i banned him, this guy smoked too much of weed, there is no other explanation. Maybe he don't know that without Brchi Vietcong.info servers should be stopped about 3-4 years ago.

x 1  x 1

Teamrespawn.cz
xhc
Kpt Haddock wrote:
I am not sure what you mean with being an admin for coop, but we are quite a few who are ready to help!

kicking players who write on server in other language than english is? yes progressive rule APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE

NO!

http://moddb.com/members/xhc
KostiCZ
xhc wrote:
Kpt Haddock wrote:
I am not sure what you mean with being an admin for coop, but we are quite a few who are ready to help!

kicking players who write on server in other language than english is? yes progressive rule APPLAUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUSE

NO!

Pokud budu psat ve svojem jazyku, taky nebudes vedet, jestli ti nenadavam do debilu a kretenu. Taky se ti to nebude libit. Takze pokud nekomu reknu, ze se bude bavit anglicky a nebo mlcet, tak se to bude dodrzovat, jinak kick aby si to uvedomil. Pfft Pokud mas namitky, zaloz si na to vlastni thread. Tenhle je o hostovani serveru.
Edited by KostiCZ on 06-11-2015 08:27

x 1  x 1

Teamrespawn.cz
DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Kosti he quoted in UK language why are you reponding in CZ ??

He has a point there if Haddock was no admin here or change his dominant kind of behaviour (dont know how to say it more nicer than this) there would be playing a lot more folks , he is not a bad dude just a bad admin sometimes if it comes to handeling things he does not like . like really bad ..
But then again he is admin and yous have to deal with this but in my world admin rights would be taken away A VERY LONG TIME ago Smile

Cya

Gr
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 06-11-2015 10:39
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif
  x 2  x 1  x 1

KostiCZ
Apache, you asked why I responded in CZ. Try to think about it. This is the same like when players speak (chat) in their language in game -> nobody understand. But you can use google translator to translate my answer. Ingame it is not possible.

Maybe you think Haddock is not the best admin, I remember he kicked me from 6th sense servers two or three times when I was not able to do exactly what he said (language barriere, didn't understand him), but he wants players strictly follow our rules. And that is OK.

x 1  x 1  x 1  x 1

Teamrespawn.cz
Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.