December 12 2018 07:02:32
Navigation
· Home
· Articles
· Downloads
· FAQ
· Discussion Forum
· Web Links
· News Categories
· Contact Me
· Photo Gallery
· Search
· Gameservers
Languages
Users Online
· Guests Online: 3

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 1,057
· Newest Member: Hydrocious
Teamspeak 3
Last Seen Users
· Homi05:25:32
· sonic09:38:33
· Intruder10:43:15
· Confused Master10:46:50
· ceghe13:00:00
· Hoods15:09:43
· VCG john18:08:43
· dRgiGGLeZ 1 day
· luporandagio 1 day
· braddock 1 day
· Virus 1 day
· 420Ninjutsu 1 day
· martyr 1 day
· WEZ 3 days
· Nosek 4 days

View Thread: Alligned Ironsight on Vietcong
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
Alligned Ironsight on Vietcong
MarcomiX
Hello there!
I am new to the forum...
Vietcong (the FIRST vietcong) is the best Vietnam War FPS ever created: It contains a good storytelling, surprisingly good characterization and an appealing and fascinating graphich (Excellent textures...i mean, EXCELLENT PHOTOREALISTIC TEXTURE!)
Alas, it has one MAJOR flaw: TOTALLY UNREALISTIC IRONSIGHTS. If you hold a rifle like that, you would be shooting at the birds or at the clouds... -.-''
Now, I am a modder (I modded many WWII FPS games such as CoD 1, MOHAA and BIA) and someone says that I'm pretty good.
I've already the compressed the Vietcong_itc_01.cbr file (The archive in which there are all the weapon files and models)
Lurking the forum, I read that the ONLY way to allign Ironsights would be raising the animation of the right handin the "stativ_aim.stg" files.
I also know that the ONLY way to do this, is to use a private tool of an ex-pterodon dev that had the BRILLIANT idea not to release it. Nice way to decrease the lifespan of a game.

I tried EVERYTHING: swapped animations file between a weapon and another, importing the "Stativ_aim.stg" from vietcong 2 into VC1...NOTHING WORKED.

Am I the only one who is interested in improving this major flaw in this game?

Of course, If someone will tell me how to allign the Ironsight, I will publish a full fledged mod, with IMPROVED WEAPON textures (Won't change them....I'll just improve them by adding some HI-res details) and Realistic sounds (Taken from Battlefield 3 and Battlefield BC2 Vietnam)
Edited by MarcomiX on 27-07-2016 15:11
  x 1
 
420Ninjutsu
Certainly . its funny , but most iron sights on vietcongs are not alligned .

in my opinion , most not alligned sight on vc is :

i.imgur.com/hFXz0B1.jpg

and most alligned sight is :

i.imgur.com/lEE1abB.jpg

that iron sight of panmagazine machinegun is joke lol .
Contrally , the Iron sight for sten mk.II is damn real . why !?
although , as the iron sight for sten , with realistic sight , it will be much harder to aim or find enemy quickly , because of the alligned rear sight ring / notch narrowing sight view . so , using realistic iron sight on multiplayer might be a disadvantage for the user . ( except everyone use it ! )

and also , for utmost reality , gun should be jammed . especially the delicate one as M16 .
for ultimate reality , there should be maintainance kit as bore brush . like , without maintainnance the gun will jam . obviously AK47 might have advantage over M16 on that case . lol .
 
Silent Bob
MarcomiX wrote:
Of course, If someone will tell me how to allign the Ironsight, I will publish a full fledged mod, with IMPROVED WEAPON textures (Won't change them....I'll just improve them by adding some HI-res details) and Realistic sounds (Taken from Battlefield 3 and Battlefield BC2 Vietnam)


Can you provide an example of the alligned ironsight from another game?
 
www.vietcong.info
MarcomiX
420Ninjutsu wrote:
Certainly . its funny , but most iron sights on vietcongs are not alligned .

in my opinion , most not alligned sight on vc is :

i.imgur.com/hFXz0B1.jpg

and most alligned sight is :

i.imgur.com/lEE1abB.jpg

that iron sight of panmagazine machinegun is joke lol .
Contrally , the Iron sight for sten mk.II is damn real . why !?
although , as the iron sight for sten , with realistic sight , it will be much harder to aim or find enemy quickly , because of the alligned rear sight ring / notch narrowing sight view . so , using realistic iron sight on multiplayer might be a disadvantage for the user . ( except everyone use it ! )

and also , for utmost reality , gun should be jammed . especially the delicate one as M16 .
for ultimate reality , there should be maintainance kit as bore brush . like , without maintainnance the gun will jam . obviously AK47 might have advantage over M16 on that case . lol .


Well, Actually the stuff of the jamming weapon is PRESENT in FC2...so, it's not an absurd request. However, of course it will be harder to perform a point-blank shot, but the weapon will feel more precise when aiming at a mid-long distance target. Yeah, I wish to make vietcong more realistic by fixing this issue...I said MORE realistic, not ABSOLUTELY realistic. It's a videogame, after all. But the aiming system in vietcong is just....absurd.

PLease, bare in mind that this mod is SINGLE PLAYER FOCUSED....i don't give a duck about multiplayer XD However, the mod should be working for multiplayer too...
Edited by MarcomiX on 28-07-2016 14:05
 
MarcomiX
Silent Bob wrote:
MarcomiX wrote:
Of course, If someone will tell me how to allign the Ironsight, I will publish a full fledged mod, with IMPROVED WEAPON textures (Won't change them....I'll just improve them by adding some HI-res details) and Realistic sounds (Taken from Battlefield 3 and Battlefield BC2 Vietnam)


Can you provide an example of the alligned ironsight from another game?

Ehm...Ok!

Call of Duty 2 - M1 Garand:
www.oldpcgaming.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/14.jpg

Medal of Honor Pacific Assault - M1 Carbine
screenshot.it.sftcdn.net/it/scrn/36000/36105/3_screen_2.jpg

Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 - M1A1 Thompson
www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b7/RTH30_Baker_Thompson_2.jpg/600px-RTH30_Baker_Thompson_2.jpg

Call of Duty: Black Ops - M16A1:
www.cod7blackops.com/images/weapons/m16-iron-sight.jpg

Battlefield BC2 Vietnam - M16A1:
i.ytimg.com/vi/3Ree5N-xSaY/maxresdefault.jpg

Battlefield 3 - M16A4:
3.bp.blogspot.com/-r3DRtjpXcgo/UqIhg8EUEaI/AAAAAAAADDw/AD1ZmkcEtf4/s1600/1280px-BF3_M16A3_Iron_Sight.png


Insurgency - AK-47
www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/99/Ins_ak_sight.jpg/450px-Ins_ak_sight.jpg




And I could go on and on and on...
Edited by MarcomiX on 28-07-2016 20:40
  x 1
 
420Ninjutsu
Where can i download the realistic sight mod for VC ?

Can you provide an example of the alligned ironsight from your vietcong sight mod ? Im so interested .

also , i want the M79 grenade launder's sight to be alligned and even adjustable ~
( adjustable sight for M79 might be really useful )
Edited by 420Ninjutsu on 29-07-2016 05:31
 
Silent Bob
MarcomiX wrote:
Well, Actually the stuff of the jamming weapon is PRESENT in FC2...so, it's not an absurd request. However, of course it will be harder to perform a point-blank shot, but the weapon will feel more precise when aiming at a mid-long distance target. Yeah, I wish to make vietcong more realistic by fixing this issue...I said MORE realistic, not ABSOLUTELY realistic. It's a videogame, after all. But the aiming system in vietcong is just....absurd.

PLease, bare in mind that this mod is SINGLE PLAYER FOCUSED....i don't give a duck about multiplayer XD However, the mod should be working for multiplayer too...


Imo ist not possible to add the Jamming function into the game because the weapons function is hardcoded in the engine.
Eventually there is a way to randomize Magazine capacity like from 18 to like x bullets for the M16 which would result in an empty Magazine after the x shot, but then you also have to store the total number of bullets shot compared to Initial bullets and you must also find a way to trigger this once every Magazine reload.
Thats beyond my Scripting knowledge, maybe Kosti or Ando can tell more, but i doubt that it would work.

As for the alligned ironsight: you can play around with the zoom factor of the weapons but this is firstly considered as cheating and its not the way you wanted it.

The zoom factor zoomes the whole distance to the enemy and not only to the grain of your weapon so enemies appear much bigger and are easy to shoot.
  x 1
 
www.vietcong.info
MarcomiX
420Ninjutsu wrote:
Where can i download the realistic sight mod for VC ?

Can you provide an example of the alligned ironsight from your vietcong sight mod ? Im so interested .


Well...you cant't download it anywhere, since that's what I'm trying to do: MAKE AN ALLIGNED IRONSIGHT MOD. And it's strange that nobody dit that before...

Silent Bob wrote:
As for the alligned ironsight: you can play around with the zoom factor of the weapons but this is firstly considered as cheating and its not the way you wanted it.


I think we are missing the point here...
The problem is NOT the FOV when you "aim"...is the fact that the aiming system in VC is TOTALLY WRONG!
Ok, I'll try to be more clear....

s32.postimg.org/b1mawf2ph/Thompson.jpg


s32.postimg.org/ro3v5hvn9/M16.jpg


It's not about the zoom...it's about the ALLIGNMENT ITSELF.
Now, I'll try to import models + animations from VC2...I doubt that it will work, but I'll try.
However, the easy way would be edit the .stg files...any ideas? How could I do that?

Oh, and about that jamming stuff...well, one step at a time...Wink We cannot draw the Sistina Chapel's fresco if we can only draw some stickmans XD


***EDIT***
Note...importing weapon model+ anims from VC2 makes the game crash everytime I try to load a game with the interested weapon (I Tried to import the thompson from VC2...just to test if it'll work)
Edited by MarcomiX on 29-07-2016 13:39
  x 1  x 1
 
dim
You're right, the alignment is off, but the key is that the top of the barrel sight in most weapons(including those of the various games you have used as examples) is still where the bullet will hit. Its something that most people probably haven't even noticed in Vietcong(I'll admit I didn't)so I'm not sure it's worth the time to play with it, but that's completely up to you I suppose. Other than aesthetics and sensibilities I don't think it changes much.
  x 1
 
xhc
actually every game has own "reality" (shooting, moving, physics - that all for specific reasons...)
other thing is who can adapt to it better, is better in game

http://img-9gag-f...00b_v3.jpg
  x 2  x 1
 
www.youtube.com/user/xhc1
420Ninjutsu
I want reality iron sight badly . some one make one for me .
 
Nosek
I personally don't think that VC needs more realistic ironsights. The game is not pure simulation, it's rather about fun.
VC2 had more realistic ironsights. But they were so annoying! Obscuring huge proportion of player's vision...
Edited by Nosek on 30-07-2016 12:51
 
www.clan-delta.websnadno.cz
MarcomiX
xhc wrote:
actually every game has own "reality" (shooting, moving, physics - that all for specific reasons...)
other thing is who can adapt to it better, is better in game

http://img-9gag-f...00b_v3.jpg


Well, many of the mistakes the games makes about aiming system or t camera view are because of a badly modelled weapon (RPG) or the impossibility to recreate a two-eyed camera (when you ADS using academical aim in real life, part of your FOV is gone, since you close one eye.)
The Vietcong models are perfectly suitable for an ADS mod, since they have notches, peeps and front sight modelled....the problem is: they're not alligned!

That's where the community should strike in: If there's a way to enhance a game, the community should do it. And I wish to do it, but I need a way to edit .STG files...
It's 2016, guys....is it possible that there's no way to achieve that goal??
Edited by MarcomiX on 30-07-2016 12:54
 
MarcomiX
Nosek wrote:
I personally don't think that VC needs more realistic ironsights. The game is not pure simulation, it's rather about fun.
VC2 had more realistic ironsights. But they were so annoying! Obscuring huge proportion of player's vision...


Vietcong 2 was annoying not because of realistic Ironsight. In VC2, the entire shooting system was poorly made.
One of the issues on the Ironsights of VC2 is that the model was WAAAAY to close to the camera.

If I manage to edit .stg files for VC1, I could edit the animation anyway I can...and, trust me, the Ironsights won't be that "annoying"
  x 1
 
MarcomiX
420Ninjutsu wrote:
I want reality iron sight badly . some one make one for me .


that's what I'm trying to make...but I could use some help.
 
Intruder
To inform all those who don't know it yet, the Vietcong ironsight is not a mistake but something Pterodon wanted. If I'm not wrong, the main goal was to have a non-obstructive view for a better gameplay... Maybe they made the wrong decision but at that time they thought it was the best compromise between gameplay vs realism.

Personally, at the beginning, I would have prefered more realistic ironsights but after all those years, I'm not even sure to want them corrected... I would say it became "a part of Vietcong's features" and to be honest, when I play, I don't think about it anymore!
Same with the guns' sounds... For me, the actual sounds are "perfect". Maybe not the most realistic but they just sound great in game. So far, I've still never heard better sounds in any other games. When an "AK" fires close to me, I always jump out of my chair! lol

Instead, I would like to see all the little bugs finally corrected and fixed (sounds, textures,...). Or the addition of Nhut and Nguyen characters, without to forget "tripflares" and a finally working "blooper" for our coop missions (just few examples)! YES!


Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png
  x 2
 
420Ninjutsu
I agree that gun sound is very good APPLAUSE

Id love to listen it all the day , baby . FAW
Edited by 420Ninjutsu on 03-08-2016 07:47
 
MarcomiX
Ok, maybe some of you are ok with this type of... "sight system"
Me and other guys are not. Taste matters, whatever...
I just wish to know if there's ACTUALLY a way to edit them.
What program or plug-in I should use to get this thing done?
 
Silent Bob
There is no way to edit the ironsight the way you want them to be edited.

As for the jamming there may be a way, though the M16 magazine capacity is set historical correctly to 18 bullets which was the way to prevent jamming.
 
www.vietcong.info
GONZO
Bob, you're tactful.
Smile
 
http://vietcong.7x.cz/
Jump to Forum:
Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Blender plugins for Vietcong files Maps & Mapping 18 02-12-2018 16:30
Vietcong Tactics Manual General Discussion 3 02-06-2018 04:30
Vietcong Messenger Allgemeines Diskussionsforum 3 13-05-2018 14:04
Vietcong is still alive! General Discussion 54 02-05-2018 11:37
Vietcong bug in Wine Vietcong Tech Talk 36 29-04-2018 13:04
Login
Username

Password



Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.26 seconds - 94 Queries 2,268,764 unique visits