· WEZ 3 days
· Sully 4 days
· doomed 1 week
· Terminator 1 week
· The ACE 1 week
· GONZO 2 weeks
· VictorMyson 3 weeks
· Don Turtuma 4 weeks

View Thread: How to create a specific thumbnail?
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
How to create a specific thumbnail?
Intruder
Hello,

Does someone know how to create a specific thumbnail (picture) for each map version build from the same original map? Actually, it will be the thumbnail from the last map version that will be used for all the previous versions also and I want to avoid that. I hope to be clear in my explanations...

Thanks!

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

VCG john
sorry man, i dont think that this is possible -.-
probably other players have ideas, how this could work...

Greetings,

#VCG_freddy
Signature#VCG_freddy
Mail: vietcongguys@gmail.com
Facebook: fb.com/vcgfreddy
VCG_Page: fb.com/vcg31
Vietcong Guild: https://discord.gg/mXaXG2P
Vietcong Messenger: https://vietcongmessenger.mn.co

https://vietcongmessenger.mn.co
Intruder
I'm more a mapper than a modder and I don't know if it's possible... However, I found something very "interesting".

If we select a solo mission, I noticed that all the Briefing maps are using the same thumbnail (a picture of Hawkins' bunker). If the Pterodon's mappers used the same original map to create all those briefings "missions", it may also explain why those maps are using the same thumbnail, like in my case!
And so I see 2 options... Maybe it's really not possible to use a specific thumbnail for each map created from the same original map. OR, mappers just took the "easiest way", without to really bother to search for a solution (because it's just a "detail" in fact)...

I first thought it was possible to use Total Commander, to decompile the specific file to change and replace some datas before to recompile it, but I'm really not familiar with this kind of edition.
Or, I could still create a new map (another copy of the same original map) and import ALL the files and datas already "fixed and updated" from my "good map", to reduce the work to do. But I'll have to redo all the lods for example... It may still be A LOT of work to do for just having that specific thumbnail!

I still don't know what to do but I'll keep you informed if I find a solution...

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

sonic
Intruder wrote:
I first thought it was possible to use Total Commander, to decompile the specific file to change and replace some datas before to recompile it, but I'm really not familiar with this kind of edition.

Mmm yes, unpacking and packing by Total Commander should be possible - but I know nothing about map editing...

https://github.com/sonicpp
Silent Bob
Intruder wrote:
I'm more a mapper than a modder and I don't know if it's possible... However, I found something very "interesting".

If we select a solo mission, I noticed that all the Briefing maps are using the same thumbnail (a picture of Hawkins' bunker). If the Pterodon's mappers used the same original map to create all those briefings "missions", it may also explain why those maps are using the same thumbnail, like in my case!
And so I see 2 options... Maybe it's really not possible to use a specific thumbnail for each map created from the same original map. OR, mappers just took the "easiest way", without to really bother to search for a solution (because it's just a "detail" in fact)...

Or, I could still create a new map (another copy of the same original map) and import ALL the files and datas already "fixed and updated" from my "good map", to reduce the work to do. But I'll have to redo all the lods for example... It may still be A LOT of work to do for just having that specific thumbnail!

I still don't know what to do but I'll keep you informed if I find a solution...

Intruder

I am not quite sure if i understand you right but i hope this helps:

from SDK

Multiplayer map Definition

Multiplayer map definition is placed in the TX3 files located in the directory ini/multiplayer/maps. Each tx3 file is one map which can contain many more missions. Format is simple. Every command starts with the ` sign (tilde), valid commands are `map, `screenshot, `mission, `desc, `scene, `script,`time, `points and `players.

First specify the name of the map and it’s screenshot like this:

`map MYSUPERMAP

- The name of the map

`screenshot g\textures\thumbs\myscreenshot.bmp

- path to the screenshot

from SDK

Campaing.txt contains:

List of all scenes

Format is as follows:

MIS = [id] , [name id], [description id], [scene name.sco], [show in single mission]

id is numeric identifier, allways use one identifier for one mission! This is also used for thumb pictures which should be placed in the directory g/textures/thumbs/Thumid.bmp (Thumb63.BMP for id 63)

name_id is text id for the name of the mission (shown in the single mission menu)

I took a look at the jpv scripts pack (map Hamburger Hill):

The thumb.bmp is there --> \Levels\HILLBASE\data\[JPV]HamburgerHill\thumb.bmp

www.vietcong.info
Intruder
Thank you for all those precious informations!
I need to test that as soon as possible but don't worry if it takes some time for the result because I have many things (of all kinds) to do for the moment...

Intruder

Jump to Forum: