View Thread: Crash at the beginning of radio calls
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Crash at the beginning of radio calls
GoGs
Pif
Only put mic and speakers with last audio drivers and WOLA.
SignatureGoGs

Pensy101
Alright, guys, I've finally fixed the problem. I used VCStarter in conjunction with the NoCD .exe and it worked perfectly! Thanks a million for all your help, guys! I'm glad we could all pitch in to get this fixed.

ckolonko
Hi,

I currently have to plug a headphone jack into my microphone output to get Vietcong to work. I've got VCStarter but it doesn't seem to work. Do i need to get a NoCD program to get it working properly? I also have the same problem of the crashing when the radio goes off.

Silent Bob
Sound problem fix here

VC Starter V1.4 here

www.vietcong.info
ckolonko
Cheers Silent Bob, I'm currently using Vista though rather than Windows 7.

ckolonko
Got it working! Thanks for the help and the amazing work you have done with VCstarter 1.4 Smile

MikeHotel
YES! Finally got it working with Windows 7 thanks to VCStarer 1.4 !

Thanks very much!

maninahat
Hello folks. I'm resurrecting this thread because I've had the same 2nd mission crash issue. Even following the advice on here, with VCStarter 1.4, I can't solve the problem. I followed the instructions (unpack, run in admin mode etc.) but still no dice. I've disabled sound in start up menu, and lowered the graphics, and that hasn't helped either.

Any advice please? Should I try the No CD fix? Where is a good one?

NB: I'm vista

Brchi
@maninahat, version 1.4.1 is the proper vietcong.exe including the tool (you can delete all old vcstarter files): www.thearchifamil...V1.4.1.zip

http://www.myCong.net
fayi
Hi, i'm new, Smile
I have Windows vista, and i tried to use vcstarter 1.4.1, but when i'm starting vietcong, occurs a error: No valid vietcong version found!
This program requires Vietcong v1.6.
I have vietcong 1.60 with addons (fist alpha & red dawn), so...¿what i can do?.

Plz help me! and sorry for my bad english Wink
Edited by fayi on 12-11-2013 04:08

wyattearp
im trying to get fist alpha to work on windows 7 64 bit on first mission when you find the crashed plane he says "oh what a pile of scrap defort gimmie the radio" then it crashes.... im trying to use vcstart but when i run exe it says faild to update please help i want to play these great games again

wyattearp
Also i have read a lot of things on these forms i dont know why im still getting radio crash please help i really want to play fist alpha and vietcong.. some of my fav games along with Hidden and dangerous 2

Brchi
@fayi
Then your game.dll or logs.dll must be different from the original 1.6 files. Can you confirm that? (I doubt red dawn changes them)

@wyattearp
Delete all old vcstarter files and download the latest one here: http://www.thearc...V1.4.1.zip

wyattearp
that is the first one i used it doesnt do anything maybe i am doing it wrong plus avg thinks its a virus

wyattearp
whenever i try to use vcstarter 1.4.1 it just says you do not have the required permissions to access (yes i am running in administrator) and if i try to use the config it says "no instilation of vietcong has been found" it is in vietcongs directory and i have version 1.60

Brchi
You have to start it elevated, even if you are admin. This is the behavior of windows. Rightclick and run as administrator, or choose in properties.

wyattearp
yes i am doing that in properties it is set to run in admin..

wyattearp
ok i fixed it disable avg and it works

fayi
Brchi, i don't think that red dawn changes these dll files, because i have a portable version of vietcong, the size of game.dll is 2.28 mb and logs.dll 1.78 mb, where i can download these files? Frown

maninahat
@Brchi

1.41 works! Thanks a bundle. I never thought it would be fixed.

Jump to Forum: