· Don Turtuma 4 weeks

View Thread: All my files related to VC1 and VC2 for download
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
All my files related to VC1 and VC2 for download
Chavez_US
Hello Editors and Scripters for VC1 and VC2. Over the next several days i will be uploading everything i have related to VC1 and VC2. I feel after 8 years of editing, that the community has grown smaller, and there isnt a need to keep anything private and site specific anymore. So i will be uploading Objects collected from others, and objects created by myslef to www.vietcong-coop... over the next several days. I may also include seamless textures as well.

I hope this may provide extra items, or scripts, for those interested in modding games for VC1 and VC2.

Additionally, I will be releasing "stripped" custom terrains for editing (for those which do not have 3dsmax).

Me and TRAVX have been working diligantly on new custom maps, and some will be released soon. So keep your eyes on Don T's website (listed above) for newest uploads...

Rick (Chavez_US and VETMET)
Edited by Chavez_US on 17-02-2012 20:41
  x 4  x 5  x 1

Chavez_US
I spent more than half the day getting everything into one file, now i have to organize it Wink

Rick (Chavez_US)

mick
Could you post the links for finished maps here, for not to look for them? (esp. interested in vc2 maps) Smile
Edited by mick on 19-02-2012 09:42
Signaturevc1+fa; vc2+fb

KostiCZ
Chavez: please don't upload it all together in one file Smile I want only few things from your depository Grin
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
forrest747
Chavez:

It might be easier to upload your stuff to Mediafire (www.mediafire.com). Then you can give us a link to a folder, where we can download specific files that you have uploaded to that folder.

Just an idea,

www.scottcole.com
Chavez_US
Many of the upload sites only have files availiable for a few days, i will just upload them to www.vietcong-coop... . Don's website is the best option for me, as it is always there, and it is more commonly known by the vietcong community. Also, i have been going through the files and getting rid of duplicates, so that way everything i have, is organized and availiable for all...Sorry nothing has been uploaded yet, but it is coming very soon. I will have categorized downloads (Objects - buildings, walls, barrels, boxes, scripts, for both VC1 and VC2). To be honest, most of the VC2 stuff is scripting files and information provided by Luke and Andy (this is a different Andy, not Ando)...

Thanks Forest. It has been a very long time since i have seen your posts, i hope all is well with you.

Rick (Chavez_US)
Edited by Chavez_US on 22-02-2012 05:16

KostiCZ
Luke and Andy? Both from Squad Baker? This is strange, they never helped me with scripting of VC1 Angry

Teamrespawn.cz
Ando
KostiCZ wrote:
Luke and Andy? Both from Squad Baker? This is strange, they never helped me with scripting of VC1 Angry

I think those Luke and Andy was part of Indiglow team, who made Fist Bravo addon for vc2.
  x 1  x 1

Chavez_US
After reviewing most of the files i have for objects, i have found there really isn't much "new content". Most of the level editors that have been around will see alot of what has already been out there. So, bear with me, i am making new objects in each category.

What i have done so far:

Made ladders of various sizes (3m, 3.5m, 4m, 4.5m, 5m, 5.5m, 6m, 6.5m, and 7m) - If anyone wants a custom-made "larger" ladder please post-message me.

Made sandbags with lower polygons, made a 12m straight sandbag wall .8m tall, a 90 degree bent sandbag wall, and a 340 degree bent sandbag wall.

Made a Sandbag bunker (can be used for either US or VC side)

Made (12) more Vietnamese signs to place on walls and buildings

Made two boxes of beer (Budweiser and Anheiser)

Made a VC temple, and am in the process of making more VC temple buildings and objects.

Lowered the poly counts on (3) VC2 vehicles (cars not trucks) made for VC1 maps...3 different colored ones

There are plenty of barrels, and boxes so no need to expand on those...

I need suggestions for anything else the community of level editors want/need...

Also, i have a plugin for 3dsmax which allows .MANM files to be exported. I have a bouncing-betty i made, and i am wondering if Ando (or other knowledgable scripters) can help to get it working ingame. It needs a triggering mechanism, a "do explosion" script and a damage radius...that will come much later...just passing the information to you all...

More info to come, and be patient please for the release of these files...i've been working hard after all other obligations to family are finished (usually up past midnight making things in 3dsmax and checking them out in the editor) Wink

Rick (Chavez_US)
Edited by Chavez_US on 22-02-2012 18:21

Ando
Chavez_US wrote:
I have a bouncing-betty i made, and i am wondering if Ando (or other knowledgable scripters) can help to get it working ingame. It needs a triggering mechanism, a "do explosion" script and a damage radius...that will come much later...just passing the information to you all...

I have one object already (made by LDC 78) but two versions would be better.
I will do it if somebody will give detailed description how it should work. My knowledge about weapons is very bad.

Silent Bob
Here is a good description how it works.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Bouncing-mine.svg/299px-Bouncing-mine.svg.png
Edited by Silent Bob on 22-02-2012 19:17

www.vietcong.info
Chavez_US
Silent Bob wrote:
Here is a good description how it works.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Bouncing-mine.svg/299px-Bouncing-mine.svg.png

Exactly, a soldier enters a radius of the bouncing betty (small radius) and it triggers the MANM bouncing betty to spring up, and explode 1-2 meters off the terrain. The radius of damage is similar to a grenade basically. Two sounds are needed - a spring sound followed by the explosion sound. It was a very, very deadly contraption used during the Vietnam War.

Rick (Chavez_US)
Edited by Chavez_US on 22-02-2012 20:48

Silent Bob
Here is a video from MW3 in slow motion

www.vietcong.info
Ando
Silent Bob wrote:

Those game versions looks badly made if I understand right that wiki description

So in real world:
- triggered by foot or wire
- then delay 3 - 4 seconds.
- small explosion and it will jump up 0.9 - 1.5 meters
- when up in air then main explosion. (lethal within 20 meters and casualties within 100 meters)

Am I right?

apfelbaum
yes, that's right. the german determined it while the second world war. their they were used eg. at the beaches of the normandie.
Edited by apfelbaum on 22-02-2012 22:24

Chavez_US
Ando wrote:
Silent Bob wrote:

Those game versions looks badly made if I understand right that wiki description

So in real world:
- triggered by foot or wire
- then delay 3 - 4 seconds.
- small explosion and it will jump up 0.9 - 1.5 meters
- when up in air then main explosion. (lethal within 20 meters and casualties within 100 meters)

Am I right?

Yes, a real boucing betty was triggered by someone stepping on the pin sticking out of the ground or tripping a wire. Here we would need a small "trigger radius" (or the same mechanism for the whiptrap). There should only be a one second delay, otherwise it would miss the intended target. No explosion is needed at beginning, just a "spring" sound, and the device must be visible going up to 1-3 meters and dissappear after the explosion+sound of explosion. The parameters should be "lethal within 5 meters (circumference), and injuries others within 10 meters (circumference).

Code would be like
if trapsprung;
pause 1 second
do bouncingbetty.MANM
do "spring sound#
do explosion sound# + grenade explosion
do bouncing betty disappear
do grenade damage
update player positions and damage
end

The model must be placed into the terrain in 3dsmax. Im not sure if there would be anyway to add it to an existing map, simply because you would need the surrounding terrain texture...it could be set up as random placements like the macetrap and whiptrap though...

Rick (Chavez_US)
Edited by Chavez_US on 22-02-2012 23:52

apfelbaum
http://www.youtub...fbhcqrKtno

Chavez_US
Yes, computers do serve a purpose for solving problems apfelbaum. Wink

apfelbaum
simply because you would need the surrounding terrain texture

i know 2 methods how the crates could work.

1. you use a simple crater texture.

i41.tinypic.com/2utqf0j.png

2. this method is used in battlefield 3 and i think in other modern games: over the whole terrain is a damage texture applied, but you can't see it; now when a grenade explodes you can see the texture in this place. The advantage is that you have more detailed and realistic "craters" and they don't overlap. in vietcong you can create these craters ( static), but then you have to duplicate the terrain mesh or specific areas of it.

i41.tinypic.com/vouzq0.png

KostiCZ
Bouncing Betty
http://www.youtub...re=related

Teamrespawn.cz
Jump to Forum: