View Thread: Moving boat
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Moving boat
DSOP-Apache
HI,

I saw a misson were a boat was on patrol .
Is here any1 that can point me in the right direction ? i can need stuff like that in my new maps and it would be a great addition Smile

Greets
Apache
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

Ando
Was it my map ( DauTien_beta_1 )?

If not then you should describe more.

DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Wauw man that is one beautifull map i have looked my eyes out and it was hard to pay attention to the enemy .
Great job there Smile yes it was the boat as if i was landed in a other game LOL ]
Greets
Apache

Ando
Unfortunately I have not released the source code of that AI boat because there is still some bugs.

DSOP-Apache
HI,
Did i ask for the source code ? didnt thinks so i can also unpack your map and just copy the lot but i never do that .

If you look back then i asked if somebody can put me in the right direction here nothing else.

But ok i fully understand thanks

Silent Bob
DSOP-Apache wrote:
HI,
Did i ask for the source code ? didnt thinks so i can also unpack your map and just copy the lot but i never do that .

If you look back then i asked if somebody can put me in the right direction here nothing else.

But ok i fully understand thanks

Ando always releases his stuff and a tutorial how to if the stuff is free of bugs...so no worries.
Its not a very easy task so please be patient.

www.vietcong.info
DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Dont get me wrong pls here .... i did not ask for a tutor and stuff English is not my native language but i have looked back and did not ask for that at all.
But hell forget about it Wink its not that important some thnigs never have changed in this VC community .
Greets
Apache

Ando
Don't worry, we understand you. I just said what is current condition about that boat script.

Anyway you just cant copy it because its too complicated to use so.
That boat scrip choose randomly boat trajectory from 6 different movement animation.
So, every time you play that map, you will see boat in different trajectory. Also traps appear in random places on that map.

Good thing is that I already found some bugs there and next map version will be out soon.

If all is working well then you will found source code with "how to use" description on my scripting topic: MP synchronized object/helper scripts

DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Dont get me wrong here pls i dont mean to be rude or ignorant but yous still havent got the point here.

I did not ask you for any scripts but just some hints because you are busy with the scripts .
But pls dont be a tit and think that everybody is to dumb to get this going and the random blerps has nothing to do if things are complicated or not ,
I was more hoping that somebody would share some expiriments because i am also looking in that direction , and yes iam not a great programmer but hell i made stuff working while the other so called great scripters went wrong so iam not complete in the dark if it comes to gamescripts but have not clue how things are working in VC or just a little bit .
So this was no question about give me the shit pls but more >>> OK man you make nice stuff iam also looking in that direction can you give me some tips about setting this up nothing else .
And i dont need a moving boat so i have to make this from scratch for other stuff to move so it would be not that complicated as your scripts .
Iam So sorry if i was not clear in my previous post ,that happend a lot ..
Thanks again.
Greets
Apache
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 05-03-2012 12:21

Ando
DSOP-Apache wrote:
Did i ask for the source code ? didnt thinks so

DSOP-Apache wrote:
Dont get me wrong pls here .... i did not ask for a tutor and stuff

DSOP-Apache wrote:
Dont get me wrong here pls i dont mean to be rude or ignorant but yous still havent got the point here.

Why you afraid that I misunderstand you?

Its public forum and I assumed that its fine to describe more than you asked.
I always knew that you didn't ask about source code.
Somebody else might be still interested about my description of current script condition because name of that topic is: "Moving boat".

Just ignore that information what you don't need.VC

Jump to Forum: