Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Wall block in Maps
techno
Was wondering, when duplicating maps lets say NVA
on the US side if you remove the barbed wire to open
up the map more, you will find there is a blank wall
or something stopping players moving passed that point.

What is it?
can it be removed?
SignatureDon't spend your time lookin' around for something you want that can't be found

Intruder
What is blocking you is an invisible wall...

To "see it", you have to:
- Press [Ctrl]+[H] to tick the box "collision object", in the Collisions option. Now, you can see the wall(s) in "pink".
- Select the entity/sub-entity selection tool (up in the toolbar, like a target icon) and select the invisible wall (now surrounded by a yellow frame). Note that only one side is "selectable"...
- You should now be able to put it "under" the terrain...
- Rebuild new invisible wall(s) by using the "kolizepomocna" object in the editor

Note that sometimes, the invisible walls have been build FROM the terrain, and so, it's impossible to delete them without to mess the terrain also!

Intruder

Chavez_US
Also, if it is the terrain i am thinking of, some of the collisions on the trench walls dont work, causeing anyone to fall through the map the a guaranteed death. ALOT of kolizpomoknas needed to fix those areas,...

Intruder
Chavez_US wrote:

Also, if it is the terrain i am thinking of, some of the collisions on the trench walls dont work, causeing anyone to fall through the map...

Oh, really? Personnally, I've never encountered such a problem with a Ptero map...

But it makes me thinking about an important precision to do!

Important note for "all":

So, we have to use the entity/sub-entity selection tool to move the invisible walls of a Ptero map (if possible) but if it's working "simply" with them, we have to be very careful with objects beeing "part of the map" (those we can't select the "normal way", like trenches or rocks). Because in that case, we will have to "move" the texture AND the collision separately but "together", otherwise we will create bugs by moving the object (the texture) but NOT its collision (check the collision box to move this last one)!!!

...ALOT of kolizpomoknas needed to fix those areas,...

In that case, I would advise to create a simple plane (2 polygones only), with the correct collision in Max instead. After to have placed them at the "right position" (to "replace" the missing collision), we just have to "clip" those planes at 0.01, to make them disappear from the scene! It's not even necessary to have a texture because if the plane is white, it will be easier to "mix" it with the terrain's polygones! Smile

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 07-03-2012 19:47

Jump to Forum: