· desintegrator 4 weeks

View Thread: Vietcong 1 on Hamachi
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Vietcong 1 on Hamachi
STCU_Dodgy
Hi ... anyone's help with the following most gratefully appreciated ...

We have a small LAN group in New Zealand, and we get together most Fridays to have a bash at Vietcong. A number of our regular players have moved to other towns, so I decided to try and open a VPN on our (Lan mode) server so they can participate again. Since we can have a number of players in the same building, we don't have the ADSL uplink bandwidth to run our server in Internet mode.

Hamachi seems to allocate IP addresses to our (XP) server box (running VCDed). They are 5.x.x.x addresses. Vietcong doesn't seem to see them.

I read that some games require the IP's to be in specific ranges to be recognised. Am I supposed to translate the 5.x.x.x addresses to the 192.168.1.x ? If so, does anyone know how to do it?

Thanks for reading!

STCU_Dodgy
(aka The Maj.)

JohnDoe
No,mate,you don't have to have specific IP of Hamachi,you just need to create server on it,than to share server password with all your friends,and,they need to locate game (VC),to go to LAN,with Hamachi on,then to type server name and password,and they will join.
Nothin' is doable from VC meny,navigate thru Hamachi,it was a long time I used it,I'll try to explane better when I install it (today - tomorrow),there are probably updated versions of Hamachi....
Cheers
Signature
Relax. What is mind? No matter! What is matter? Never mind!

KostiCZ
If you want to have joined group of ppl inside of home network and only few of them joining from internet, just setup standart internet server behind router and set NAT for this server. Members from another cities will join your server as Internet server and ppl from same building (playing on 192.168.1.x) will join LAN game. It is working, trust me. I'm hosting also VIETCONG.INFO server inside my home network and when I want to play I'm joining LAN game. You don't need hamachi.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
STCU_Dodgy
Thanks for your help guys ... much appreciated! I'll have a tinker around with those ideas at our next session...

We've been playing VC since when it was first released, and we're still doing it! For pure fun-factor, it's more popular amongst our players than VC2!

Thanks again guys ... see you around (but if I do, you should probably duck!) FAW Grin

Jump to Forum: