· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: Own server problem
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong 2 General Discussion » Vietcong 2 Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Own server problem
JonesR
Hi all. I get in servers easily and i can play multiplayer, but creating my own server is a problem, it not shows my server on list , and no one cant joinSad

I have a wireless router TP-Link TL-WR842ND, and my home allow wireless internet connection.

I think , this router is already bridge, im right???
What i must to do that i can create my own server, did i must open some ports and where i open ports, i not understand these things Sad

I have windows firewall, and i connect it off, but not helping to create my own server , please someone help.

Many thanks.

I have Windows Vista.
Edited by JonesR on 29-03-2013 18:10

Brchi
It should be enough to forward port 15425 UDP to your local IP (mostly 192.168...). Also enable "UPnP".
Edited by Brchi on 29-03-2013 20:38

http://www.myCong.net
KostiCZ
Do you have public IP address? If not, you are not able to create server. It is mostly problem of wireless networks.
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Brchi
@KostiCZ
It's not really clear what you mean with "public IP". Do you mean static? But a server can also be hosted with dynamic IP (just will be offline in favorites if IP changes).
There's one exception though I came across so far, @Archis ISP Centrio. They seem to run out of IPv4 addresses and it can happen that multiple customers share a single IP so a server will not work and you have to pay an extra fee to get an unique IP. But that's really rare and strange I think.

//EDIT:
If you are behind a router though, you should connect to it via a static local IP, so that you don't have to change the port forwarding rules all the time. I think this is what @KostiCZ meant with wireless problems.
Edited by Brchi on 29-03-2013 22:11

http://www.myCong.net
KostiCZ
Public means your own IP adress. As Brchi said, if ISP is out of adresses, you can have shared with other people, so in that case you are not able to host server. It is problem mostly of small local companies but Centrio shouldn't have this problem. I also have Centrio ISP, I have my own IP and I pay extra money for static IP adress.

Teamrespawn.cz
Nosek
@Brchi
I'm sure @KostiCZ meant with "public IP" that client isn't "hidden" behind ISP's NAT (that's the problem of most wireless networks) or proxy server. ISP just transfer every signle port directly to the client, so people have direct access to him. And, of course, hosting a server with dynamic IP is possible, but it isn't very comfortable (adding a server to friend list every week, because it's IP has changed).

I'm connected to wireless network and I also have the possibility to host game servers, because I pay for unique and "public" IP to my ISP (he uses NAT 1:1 method for transfering communication to me). Then I just have to forward ports (I use DMZ instead).
Edited by Nosek on 29-03-2013 23:35

www.clan-delta.websnadno.cz
JonesR
I looked my router settings and there was these settings:

I can choose connection type:
-Dynamic IP
-Static IP
-PPPoE
I have Dynamic selected.

next setting is my PC mac adress and WAN mac address, shall i chance these both numbers and letters , or to do nothing??

Next setting is Give me a name for your wireless network (SSID) there is already numbers and letters, shall i chance anything, or or to do nothing??

Next and last setting is select a security strength:
-Most security (WPA2-PSK)
-Better security ( WEP-128bit)
-No security

I have got selected No security on this setting.

Could someone tell me that is these settings OK, or shall i chance something ???

There is no firewall settings , where i found router firewall settings??

Many thanks again all , and happy easter to all Smile

KostiCZ
Try to search for NAT settings, what you wrote here has nothing to do with your problem. You need to forward some ports to your IP address in your inner (home) network. As Brchi wrote mostly something like 192.168.x.y.
The easiest way (but not most secure) is set your inner IP as DMZ, so all ports will be forwarded to your PC.

Teamrespawn.cz
JonesR
KostiCZ wrote:
Try to search for NAT settings, what you wrote here has nothing to do with your problem. You need to forward some ports to your IP address in your inner (home) network. As Brchi wrote mostly something like 192.168.x.y.
The easiest way (but not most secure) is set your inner IP as DMZ, so all ports will be forwarded to your PC.

I cant find any NAT settings on router, this router was cheap, maybe i buy better wireless router ??
What you mean DMZ, what is it and what i must to do??

My IP is 94.22.2. and continue, my IP not start 192. example , what this mean?

Thanks.

KostiCZ
Here you can find manual...

http://www.tp-linkru.com/Resources/document/TL-WR842ND_User_Guide.pdf

Section 4.10 refers to port forwarding.
Section 4.10.3 there is how to set DMZ, just enter IP address of your PC and check Enable button. I'm not sure if this router needs restart to apply changes, but if it will not work, you can try restart it.

Your IP address you can check by entering command line (Start/Run.../CMD) and typing command IPCONFIG /ALL . It is line above network masc (192.168.x.y with masc mostly 255.255.255.0), not gateway (192.168.1.1).

Teamrespawn.cz
Silent Bob
Is this really a VC2 problem?

www.vietcong.info
KostiCZ
Thats true, we are speaking about VC1 in VC2 section. But if he will set DMZ it will work also for VC2.

Teamrespawn.cz
JonesR
Hello all again. I try this like KostiCZ advise me :
Section 4.10.3 there is how to set DMZ, just enter IP address of your PC and check Enable button. I'm not sure if this router needs restart to apply changes, but if it will not work, you can try restart it.

It works and i happy Smile

Many thanks to all, lets hope that we can keep players on VC2 game Smile

Jump to Forum: