· WEZ 5 days
· Homi 1 week
· Terminator 1 week
· Silent Bob 1 week
· Highl@nder 3 weeks
· Jardacz 3 weeks
· desintegrator 3 weeks
· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: VCStarter v1.5.1: Better performance on newer hardware, and registry fix
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 2 ratings)  
 Print Thread
VCStarter v1.5.1: Better performance on newer hardware, and registry fix
Brchi
Hi, thanks for the feedback!
Can you tell me what are the benefits of it? Because it is not really a syncing (by driver) but just an approximation by minimal breaks every frame.

http://www.myCong.net
HellTiger
Two things are bothering me!

1. to the dev, i play right now the singleplayer. at some points i can see a VC enemy, but when i zoom, he gets hidden behind a bush, this is annoying. is it possible to increase all view distances and remove all other caps? people have good enough hardware this days. In Farcry 1 this was a quite hard task cause map files needed a recompile, so it could be understandable if a better view distance wont happen for vc :\

2. many coop maps crashing at map loading, i have a folder which contains a lot maps which i cant load on my win7-64bit system. also on a other win7-64bit machine those maps arent working, my install is quite old and moved from many systems, maybe its my own fault, maybe some of my map names are working for others:
HD_BongSon_v3, [MCF]temple, [MCF]FrenchCampBeta1, [MCF]Reflet-final-rev1, also some quite common custom maps from servers wherent working

Brchi
Hidden? Do you mean he jumps behind? Or is it a kind of a graphical glitch (yea I think it's the depth buffer, but I don't know how to fix it)? I could try to increase/remove some caps, but I think it's pretty deep in the engine..

I tried to run HD_BongSon_v3 and [MCF]temple and had no problems! What exactly doesn't work?

http://www.myCong.net
Intruder
HellTiger wrote:

1. to the dev, i play right now the singleplayer. at some points i can see a VC enemy, but when i zoom, he gets hidden behind a bush, this is annoying...

I think it's just a "clipping" problem... Some bushes have a very short one "by default" (set in 3dsmax during the creation) and if the scene view distance is higher than the "clipping", then the bush will only appear when you "zoom" by aiming or by using the binocculars.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to fix that bug with the single player campaign. Frown

However, once the map is edited, the mapper can FIX that visual bug!
None of my "VC_ or FA_" updates have such visual bugs by the way... Wink

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

Jump to Forum: