View Thread: Graphical crash
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
Graphical crash
King Eliaerts
Hi there,

The task of getting vietcong to work has been a very ver yextensive one and now, just when I thought I was there proves to be even more difficult. Let me update you:

The problem:

- VC runs fine for several instants, but at certain points (getting out of the chopper in mission one, entering you bedroom in mission one, etc) the game graphics crash. It' hard to describe, but it's a bit like looking through a Kaleidoscope: a central point with different radiating colored lines; also the loading bar was chopped in two at one point. Menu seems to be doing fine..)

Everything I've done:

- Downloaded VC
- Got everything to work alright, but ended up having the radio crash problem
- Tried to work around that for ages, finally ended up mailing Brchi and he put me somewhere in the right direction.
- Uninstalled everything, including al changed patches, no CD's, fixes and of course the game iself
- Reinstalled Vietcong
- Installed all the patches I could find from your website in the right order (1.01; 1.26;1.20;1.30;1.40; 1.41;1.60
- Downloaded VCstarter 1.5.1
- Copied everthing from VCstarter 1.5.1 to th Vietvong Directory.
- Tried every different VCstarterconfig setting which deals with graphics
- Tried most of the Vietcong startup menu graphical options (different resulution, filtering, etc.)

Who's got any idea? If nobody has got one, I'm giving up. Besides, finals are very close Smile

Cheers.

Jef
Windows 7 32 bit edition
Dell Vostro 3500
Intel HD Graphics
Intel Core i5 CPU M 450 @ 2.4 Ghz

Intruder
Hi,

It seems to be a typical graphic card drivers problem.
My advise yould be to try some other ones. I doubt it's a VC game trouble...

I also see: Intel HD Graphics... Maybe it's the "weak" part of your graphical crash?

Good luck!

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

King Eliaerts
Oh thank you for replying. It's a laptop so bad luck on that. But, the funny thing is: I never had this graphical crash while playing Vietcong with different patches and stuff. Before I could get VCstarter to work, I played the game several times allready. I just had to cheat to third person to get around the radio crashes (which was pretty nasty)... So I figured the crash was due to everything I had 'changed' about the game by adding the patches from thsi site and by using the VCstarter package.

Intruder
In that case I would wait for Brchi to come here... Maybe he knows something that could help you "in relation with VCSarter" if it's the only real change you made since the last time Vietcong was running without troubles... Wink

By the way, and for "all":

Installed all the patches I could find from your website in the right order (1.01; 1.26;1.20;1.30;1.40; 1.41;1.60

I'm not sure it's useful to install all of them. All will depend of your "game level", already patched after the first install. In my case, I only need the 1.60 patch for example (if I remember correctly!)...

Intruder
Signaturewww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month1011.pngwww.vietcong.info/portal/images/ranks/Member_of_the_Month_6.png

King Eliaerts
Well no, with me it required me to install every single patch. It wouldn't install without the previous version.

Besides, as I advance through mission one the graphical proplem seems to occur less and less. Maybe it's grapic carf after all. I've lowered the graphics even more. 1280x768 for life! Smile

KostiCZ
I think 1.26 is not needed, only 1.20, also 1.40 is not needed because there was bug and this patch was replaced with 1.41
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
PuMa
If you consider to reinstall vietcong, i recommend using the patch that patches from 1.01 directly to 1.60. It will save you alot of time Grin

Since i cant upload the patch here on this site (because of the size of the file)i uploaded it on ESL

http://www.esl.eu/czsk/vc/1on1/ladder/download/26578541/

Download -> Unpack anywhere in the same folder -> run setup.exe -> and follow the instructions there
Edited by PuMa on 21-05-2013 00:26
SignatureWhat do you know about getting owned?!

Cheack out my esl page WhApAW-> http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/player/2220025/

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/player/2220025/
KostiCZ
I have GOLD EDITION, one DVD with VC+FA patched to 1.60, so only one click/setup and all is installed. ;-)
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
PuMa
For the people who dont got the GOLD EDITION Grin use my link to get the full patch directly from 1.01 to 1.60
And if u are fast it will only cost you ONE SINGLE MOUSE CLICK!!! Thats what i call a good deal!

I also want vietcong in gold booze(

Maybe we can upload the patch 1.01->1.60 here on download site, because when i look in the download section i cant find it.
It will be easier for the players that want to play vietcong to download and install only one patch Grin
Edited by PuMa on 21-05-2013 00:37
SignatureWhat do you know about getting owned?!

Cheack out my esl page WhApAW-> http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/player/2220025/

http://www.esl.eu/eu/#/eu/player/2220025/
Brchi
Hey @King Eliaerts, could you please try if the graphical errors still occur when not using VCStarter 1.5/1.5.1?

http://www.myCong.net
King Eliaerts
Hey guys, I'm sorry it took me a while to respond. I was visiting friends for a few days. I would prefer NOT to reinstall VC Smile I'm not quite following why the way I got to patch 1.6 would matter in my case.

Additional info:
Graphical errors seem to be triggered by certain things:
- Everyhting that happens at the Base camp (Nui pek?) is much more succepitble to the erorrs.
- Teamkilling (Singleplayer, don't ask me why I tried it) triggers graphical errors
- etc...

Brchi, I'll try it without but how do I do it? Recopy the original (cracked) exe-file to the map?

ALSO: does ANYONE have ANY idea how I can move the IDIOT of a Le Dhuy Nhut away from the entrance of the tunnels in the mission with Shrew 1 and Shrew 2? Or how I can restart the mission? I need to examine the VCtunnels but Nhut is blocking my way. I cannot command him to go somewhere else. I cannot push him. I cannot crawl underneath him. I cannot stab him to make him run. ARG!

Brchi
King Eliaerts wrote:
Brchi, I'll try it without but how do I do it? Recopy the original (cracked) exe-file to the map?!

Yes, just copy back the old vietcong.exe

King Eliaerts
Ok I'll try it (by the way I jus realised I can load older saves) ^^

King Eliaerts
I con't get the game started. It says something like 'Can't find entry point to the procedure ?MEM_log_blocks@@YAXXZ in the DLL-file dll.logs.' I guess the craked exefile (from the downloaded 1.01 version doesn't work with the currently installed 1.6 version.

Brchi
King Eliaerts wrote:
I guess the craked exefile (from the downloaded 1.01 version doesn't work with the currently installed 1.6 version.

Of course not :P
Here, take this: vietcongNOCD.exe

King Eliaerts
Thank you Smile And oh yeah: vital info about the crash: CTRL+ALT+DEL gets the game back to normal. So I just ESC, CTRL+ALT+DEL and I decrash it. But it sucks to do it a lot Smile

King Eliaerts
Well, I did not encounter a graphical error but I was in the low demanding black tunnels, so... Smile I could only play for a while because when I received a radio message the game crashed, of course.

King Eliaerts
I know it's off topic but still: how hard is the tunnel level? I practically used up all of my autosaves, light sticks and nearly all of my bullets (shootings sheds some light)... It's thrilling though.

Intruder
King Eliaerts wrote:

ALSO: does ANYONE have ANY idea how I can move the IDIOT of a Le Dhuy Nhut away from the entrance of the tunnels in the mission with Shrew 1 and Shrew 2?

Use the "disperse" command till some clear the passage... Then the "Hold/Stay here" so they won't follow you...

I know it's off topic but still: how hard is the tunnel level? I practically used up all of my autosaves, light sticks and nearly all of my bullets (shootings sheds some light)... It's thrilling though.

Have you tried the [L] key for your torch? Wink

Intruder
Edited by Intruder on 24-05-2013 11:11
  x 1  x 1  x 1

Silent Bob
Intruder wrote:
Have you tried the [L] key for your torch? Wink

Yeah, reading the manual helps a lot Smile

www.vietcong.info
Jump to Forum: