· gus 3 weeks

View Thread: IP Addresses
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » General Discussion
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
IP Addresses
dRgiGGLeZ
I have three (3) issues I need help with. First, How can I see the actual IP Addresses (example: 73.123.123.11) in Vietcong Fist Alpha v1.60 for those who have been banned? Is there a console command? Second, It is very easy for a player who has been banned to change their IP Address and they are able to log back into the game, even with the same user ID. Is there a way or software available to keep them permanently banned? I would really appreciate the help from any Server Admins who have had to deal with this issue. Third, I've heard of VC Guard anti-cheat program but cannot find any information on it, or downloads for it, that would work with Fist Alpha v1.60. Any help on this and any of the above, again, would be greatly appreciated. I am a veteran player of this game (since 2003) and despise cheaters, especially with the small community of those who still love this game, and who play fair. dR. GiGGLeZ. HEADHUNTERS CLAN ::]HC[:: =USA=

https://www.facebook.com/groups/147630708642766/
KostiCZ
Hi mate

There are two ways how to ban player.

ban - ban by player name
banip - banned player's IP address

you can use command banlist which will show you banned players, but only names and time to ban expiration.

If you will use VCGUARD you will have also some additional logs like banlog.txt, banlist.txt ... where you will see also IP address, time and reason why player was (auto-Slàinte anned.

If Brchi (creator of VCGUARD) will agree, I can send you last version I got from him.

Unfortunately I don't know about way how to ban exact client ID...
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
Silent Bob
you can also ban client ID with the ban command:

open console
type:

list

you see all players with their player ID´s

type

ban XX <-- XX is player ID like ban 50 means ban player with ID 50

if player XX rejoins again, IP ban him first, then ban or kick him to prevent rejoin.
if player still rejoins (dynamic IP) set a password on the server or swap him from side to side (in team based modes like CTF) every 10 seconds until player leaves the server...... Wink

www.vietcong.info
dRgiGGLeZ
Thank you so much for your quick replies. I would very much like to get the VC Guard program so please check with Brchi. My E-Mail address is: ljwhitesr(at)suddenlink.net.
My SKYPE user name is ljwhitesr. We could also use TEAMVIEWER to transfer file, if necessary, if he approves letting you send it to me.

I anxiously await his decision. Dr Gigglez.
Edited by Silent Bob on 01-01-2014 12:01

KostiCZ
Sent by e-mail Smile

x 1  x 1

Teamrespawn.cz
Paolo
First of all, hello and I apologize for my English is not good. I have the same problem on my server (Server Italia). Reading the post I saw that there is this software (VCGUARD). Would be very helpful to me too and a help to the whole community of honest players, being able to have this software for defend my server from hackers increasingly intrusive.
So I would ask if it were possible please send it to me too.
I apologize for the request maybe too much daring.
If it were possible my mail address is (p.ilbiondo @ virgilio.it)
Thank you in advance
I await an answer with confidence Wink
Paolo. manager and administrator of the Server Italia
  x 1  x 1

KostiCZ
Sent by e-mail Smile

x 1  x 1

Teamrespawn.cz
Paolo
Thank you so much for your kind availability.
And of course, thanks to the creator (Brchi) Smile

Best Regards. Paolo

dRgiGGLeZ
For those who have followed this thread I have the VC Guard now installed since 01/01/2014 and it is doing a great job!!. Since installing it we have not had any of the repeat cheaters back!! I really appreciate KostiCZ for sending it to me and would also like to thank the owners who developed this tool and for making it available to us Admins!! Again, thanks!! :)

JMS
Been playing this game since demo and never been banned on a server except yours. I don't cheat, never have! I can't get into your server because I have been Banned from server. Could you or someone have the courtesy to tell me why I was banned? I go by the name of "SULLY"
Thanks for any reply

Brchi
You were banned twice on BLACK PAJAMAS HOMI, but I have unbanned you now. However, you must've been very suspicious to get a ban, I don't remember what it was though. Sorry for being wrong apparently.
Edited by Brchi on 28-01-2014 15:58

http://www.myCong.net
NoZzLeZz
Hello everyone

I also hate cheaters on my dedicated server ([J4F] Clanserver) and I read about VCGuard made by Brchi. My question is if it's possible to send me also a version of VCGuard so my server can be also cheatersfree, mail can be send to [techno_freak02[at]hotmail . com]. I have many appreciation for Brchi, so it would be nice if many servers can be cheatersfree.

Greetz from Belgium (NoZzLeZz.), player and admin.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Render time: 0.26 seconds - 79 Queries 4,920,975 unique visits