View Thread: VC Installation Win10
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Vietcong Tech Talk
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 1 rating)  
 Print Thread
VC Installation Win10
WillisB
Hey Folks!

I hope to get here a concrete Installation Guide for Vietcong on a Win10 System.
Is there anyone who wants to write a complete one here with links for the tools i need and detailed Informations
about settings??

Hopefully
=TT= Willis*B

http://www.the-ta...

http://www.the-targets.de
Brchi
Hi, I could try to help you with concrete problems.

http://www.myCong.net
420Ninjutsu
use vc starter ? but i still use win xp so , lol .

TC-Roland Deschain
Hello guys. Been a long time. Trying to install again on new laptop with Windows 10, and I am having some difficulties.

VC + FA + V1.6 patch + V1.6 No-cd =

I can play single player with no issues (yet) but I am unable to host a map (not dedicated server) on Multiplayer - Internet, with the message after a while "Connection Timeout". This was never an issue with my work laptop (Win 7).

VC + FA + V1.6 patch + V1.6 No-cd + VC Starter V1.51 =

Unable to select "Fit textures in Video memory" resulting in very poor FPS.

VC + FA + V1.6 patch + V1.6 No-cd + VC Starter V1.65.1 =

Corrected issue above (video memory) but when trying to host (non-dedicated) a map, as above, there is no progress on the map loading progress bar, and a "connection time-out" message.

I have seen other things regarding host files etc on the forums, but Windows 10 won't let me modify the host file.

Is there something I'm missing? My gut feeling is maybe firewall, but I am no expert so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT - Messing with firewall cured issues with hosting and loading map, however, I can only use "Fit textures in System Memory" as if I use Video memory, I get a message Direct 3D 9 error - Update texture. With system memory, FPS is crap!!!

Any ideas? Laptop has AMD Radeon R5 graphics card.

EDIT - I have removed VC Starter V1.65.1 and now just have the V1.6 No-CD. Seems to work ok, but can't see any servers.

Any help?

EDIT - Thanks to a post by Brchi, I dropped the V1.65.1 files in the installation folder, then added the V1.7beta Dll file, and it now works amazing with outstanding FPS with all graphic options maxed out!!!!

[b]I still would like advice on how to be able to see other VC servers. I am unable to modify the host file on Win 10.

still would like advice on how I can see other VC servers please.[/u][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b

EDIT - Followed FAQ I found. Opened Notepad as admin, put link in Hosts file. Now ok. However I tried to join a server but game crashed. I wonder if it was because it is now showing version as VC Starter V1.7Beta, and not V1.6 as the other servers show?
Edited by TC-Roland Deschain on 09-01-2017 01:30

sonic
I am using VC Starter V1.7Beta too - without a crash. Which and how many serveres did you try to join? Can you still play single player with 1.7Beta?
SignatureAnyone who run, is a VC. Anyone who stand still, is a well disciplined VC.
-Door Gunner

https://github.com/sonicpp
TC-Roland Deschain
This must have been a one-off. It was the only server with players on.
I tried joining other ones with no issues.
On graphics card settings I maxed everything out. 12X Anti aliasing etc. Turned all graphics up in the game settings. At least 45 FPS !!! VC never looked so good.

420Ninjutsu
I finally got new PC and win 10 , now i cant install VC because it cause bug . after installing VC on my PC , right-click on .exe file didnt work , so i got scared and used system restoration and it got fixed ..

WHY , win10 !?

Paolo
I did not understand what you got back and why Cool

However, you do not have to install a VC game, you can copy an old game installation simply, just use VCStarter 1.7 beta.
If you have the game installed on another PC or operating system, copy the Vietcong folder to the root directory, then create the link on the desktop or use a .bat file, make sure the game is not blocked by the firewall.
I honestly do not understand why you have so many problems with win 10, all old games work for me, and I have to reinstall them. I just copied the various folders with the games.
If you have problems use the built-in resolution tool in windows
SignatureLearn to obey before you command

Homi
Direct Play installed?
Windows programs and functions, add older direct play components.
SignatureAlpha-Team Czech Teamrespawn
www.alpha-team.cz
Vietcong1.cz
www.vietcong1.cz
KozoRoh Servers
www.vietcong-kozo...

Owner Servers:
ALPHA-TEAM.CZ #1
ALPHA-TEAM.CZ #2 Private
KozoRoh.tk {CD4c} -No Nade-
www.vietcong-kozo...
KozoRoh.tk {Midi}
-!*VIETNAM WAR ZONE*!- #1
-!*VIETNAM WAR ZONE*!- #2
Pterodon's Stream Public
[stats]Halong Only
[stats]Osgiliath Only
Vietcong1.cz #1
Vietcong1.cz #2
Vietcong1.cz #3

Hosted Servers:
Elit'acky Server. [CZ-SK]
crockersserver.we...
=GONZO= WARSERVER
vietconglab.wordp...
! Vietcong - Funserver #WEZ
30MiNuTeS SeRvEr
30min.vietcong1.cz
>> PLATOON COOP SERVER <<
Partisans
MELBER Dev SERVER

TeamSpeak Servers:
ts3.alpha-team.cz
  x 1  x 1  x 1

https://www.alpha-team.cz/
Paolo
@Homi

You're right, it's important to check that Direct Play is enabled.

1. Open Cortana and look for Control Panel .open Control Panel.
2. find/ open "Programs and Features" then press the "Turn windows features on or off"... it's on the left hand side.

i63.tinypic.com/2v0bn2x.jpg
SignatureLearn to obey before you command
  x 1  x 1

420Ninjutsu
Paolo wrote:
@Homi

You're right, it's important to check that Direct Play is enabled.

1. Open Cortana and look for Control Panel .open Control Panel.
2. find/ open "Programs and Features" then press the "Turn windows features on or off"... it's on the left hand side.

i63.tinypic.com/2v0bn2x.jpg

!!!!!!!!! DIRECT PLAY WAS NOT ENABLED ON MY WIN10 !!!!!!!!!!!!! Sad ITS ENABLED NOW Smile. I LL TRY AGAIN . THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ALMOST CRIED . Sad

Jump to Forum: