View Thread: TMP - Tactical Mission Planner
Vietcong.Info » Vietcong General Discussion » Maps & Mapping
Who is here? 1 Guest
Current Rating: (Total: 0 ratings)  
 Print Thread
TMP - Tactical Mission Planner
DSOP-Apache
Hi,
I had to make some programs so i tried to make a tool for vc aswell while iam busy anyway.
It is a new tool for vc called Tactical mission planner ,you can load a vc map ,place markers and if you click the markers you will see a environment picture as you see it ingame.
Still lots of work to do but started it as you can see Smile Later more .
The tool is for teams who wana make a good plan before they step into the jungle .
I dont even know if this is something people are going to use but hell if you dont shoot you wont hit anything as most of us know Smile
Here some screens starting the project.
sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/601619_521385837913590_319084747_n.jpg

sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/525086_521385884580252_2115461833_n.jpg

sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s480x480/5578_521403214578519_1417984160_n.jpg

I never used any cheats for VC but i have seen people flying above the surface and i would love to have a View from above the map aswell ,any suggestions pershaps ?
Also i add Three standard maps from VC and planned one custom map Intruders Intrusion ,what map should i add more ? suggestions are more than welcome also about the tool itself Smile
Later more .
Greets
Edited by Silent Bob on 19-03-2013 17:54
Signaturei1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/ApacheDSOP/apache.gif

Silent Bob
For the view from above the map.....the editor is the solution Wink

The idea is great!

www.vietcong.info
DSOP-Apache
thanks for the reactions Smile
Thanks for the tip,it probebly is the best solution Smile was thinking about making a 3d walktrough with 3d max aswell Smile but i can add that later .

Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 19-03-2013 18:43

KostiCZ
This is nice idea. But I don't fully understand what do you mean by adding maps? I see there is some Load map button, so is it possible to load any map or just some maps fixed with tool?
Signature________________________________________________

2LT William Theolinus "KostiCZ" Boner Jr.
LRRP Squad Baker, Delta Team
cache.www.gametracker.com/player/KostiCZ/63.143.47.189:2302/b_560x95.png

Teamrespawn.cz
DSOP-Apache
Hi,
KostiCZ you can load a few standard maps from the list in the combobox but i will add the option to load every map you want if you have a picture of the map
And perhaps if it works out well and i have the time and motivation i will add a kind of editor were you can place markers and routes to the imported maps ,i have te look how it works out with the ingame view of the locations who are linked to markers .

Greets
  x 1  x 1

Silent Bob
DSOP-Apache wrote:
.....................what map should i add more ? suggestions are more than welcome also about the tool itself Smile

I´d like to see some of the SqBaker maps (the ones with respawning VC´s) as they are very hard....

www.vietcong.info
DSOP-Apache
Hi
@Bob hello thanks again for your reaction Smile
Ok what are the names ,i need the hardest ones ,they have to look good aswell Smile
If you give me two names that should be standard in the editor i will load the maps today and have a look arround Smile
Thanks again for your input Bob .
I can manage the german translation myself but later i need somebody who can make it in CZ language aswell because the community have also a lot of CZ people . So you can swap languages between UK,German,CZ .
Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 20-03-2013 09:43

Silent Bob
Imo Kosti is the right guy to decide which one is the hardest (cause he made them)....there are some hard maps eg: SqB-DeathValley_beta4.

@Kosti: whats the name of the map where you merged 2 original maps from the campaign and you have to start over when you die?

www.vietcong.info
DSOP-Apache
Yep some great maps ,but i can see the beta4 and it would be shite if there is going to be a beta5 or so Wink its a lot of work so i wanna be sure there is not going to be a beta5 or a non beta version Smile
Thanks again Smile
Greets

Silent Bob
There is also a final version of that map but without respawning AI. Imo that map (the finalk version) is way more easy to master.

Lets wait for Kosti´s input and decide later.
Edited by Silent Bob on 20-03-2013 10:59

www.vietcong.info
KostiCZ
Hehe, if you want some my maps, you can add some older with Final at the end. They starting with "SqBaker", not only "SqB". I made new versions startinf with SqB only and all of them are beta versions or v1, not final versions. I think that these beta versions are final because I don't have time to finish them.

If you want to add some maps, maybe SqBaker-OpSake4 (parts 1, 2, 3, 3.5 - intermezzo and 4). This serie was made for SaBaker special night and part 4 is merged end of three canyons, Bahnar village, Bahnar razed and stream.

If you want some other maps, try SqBaker-Jarai-v2, starting near Jarai village, then cross the bridge and find crashed huey, then return to village. It was also made for SqBaker special night.

Another map - SqBaker-GoldenGate, it is French route A+B.

SqBaker-OpJulie-v2, also favorite map, one of my first.

Also there is a lot of special maps made for "specials", like MIA-SqB-mode (modified TMG-MIA), SqBaker-KobayashiMaru, SqBaker-DeathValleyFinal, SqBaker-RiverBeachFinal...

Yes, as SB told, there is exists SqBaked-DeathValleyFinal without respawning VCs, without bleeding, traps etc. and newer version SqB-DeathValley-b5. Maybe there will be b6 or v1 where you will also have continuation of story Wink

Teamrespawn.cz
DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Thanks for the reaction.
I hope you can understand that iam not going to implement maps who are still beta as it comes to changes of the layout of the map ,i dont mind the gamescripts,AI etc but more about rocks,plants,trees etc if those things are not going to change then there should be no problem Smile
Iam thinking about implementing de standard Pterodon maps and add the option to load your own maps .
I was thinking of making a table also were you can see the map in 3d you can turn the table and zoom in on the 3d map on the table like in a briefing room Smile
I know that the vc community is not that big and some things are just a lot of work i try to keep it in the middle somewhere .Wanted to start with the editor today and tried to reinstall it but editor error msg was "cant find the vc install" so i have to check my registry .
Thanks for the input guys and when iam done with the standard maps i will contact you again and see what maps we are going to add who are final for sure Smile
Greet
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 21-03-2013 10:00

KostiCZ
I don't understand principle how it is working but is it necessary to "add" map to this tool? Why yoy cannot simply open map which you want?

Teamrespawn.cz
DSOP-Apache
I will make a little discription later today Kosti Wink
Yep you can load any map you like if you have a picture of the map ,but then you have to add all the environment photoshots like in the example above
or just do it with the flat map as in picture one but it would be nicer if people just could click on the marker of the map and see how it looks more as if you were ingame .Iam also thinking about that briefingroom were you can see the map on a table ,so you can turn the table arround and zoom in/out of Smile

Greets
Edited by DSOP-Apache on 21-03-2013 12:20

Silent Bob
I think you dont understand....ist more likely a tactical map how to Play different maps.
  x 1  x 1

www.vietcong.info
DSOP-Apache
You will see no players or any stuff like that , its ike bob said a planner but you can load the maps and make a plan on teamspeak with your team mates ,you have a plan flat map now but i wanna a markers and if you click them you will see a screenshot from the location as you see it ingame.
The thing iam looking at now is loading the map in a 3d viewport so you can see a minimap in 3d as in a briefing room .

I hope you understand now ?
Greets

KostiCZ
Maybe one idea. What about EXPORT function? If you will create some markers on handmap in your tool, maybe it can be possible to export this handmap with markers to levels structure directory to exact position where was original handmap and then you can see it also ingame...?

I'm not sure if it can work, to modify one file from user created map... But I'm sure it can work with original ptero maps.

Teamrespawn.cz
DSOP-Apache
Hi,
Great idea Smile thats how things works sometimes you start with small idea and it grows with the help of other people Smile thanks for the input Smile
Greets

Silent Bob
KostiCZ wrote:
Maybe one idea. What about EXPORT function? If you will create some markers on handmap in your tool, maybe it can be possible to export this handmap with markers to levels structure directory to exact position where was original handmap and then you can see it also ingame...?

I'm not sure if it can work, to modify one file from user created map... But I'm sure it can work with original ptero maps.

Kosti you mean something like Intrusion_beta_1 "FPV map" fix?

www.vietcong.info
KostiCZ
SB: Yes, something similar. But we need to test how it will work when handmap exists but is only changed. I think in Intrusion there was not handmap included in mapfile.

Teamrespawn.cz
Jump to Forum: